5 replies to this topic

#1 Moogles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Here's what's happening:

I have an HBK-4H. I like that variant more than the 4G since I have more opportunities to fire once my ammo has been depleted (or main weapon destroyed) in my right torso (over the 4G). I have tested a few builds, which are as follows.

300 Total armor
Left Arm + right arm = Medium lasers
Right torso = Gauss rifle + 3 tons of ammo
AMS + 1 ton of ammo
12 heat sinks total.
Standard 200 engine
No level 2 tech

Second variant
288 Total armor
Left arm + head = Small lasers
Right torso = AC/20 + 3 tons of ammo
AMS + 1 ton of ammo
13 Heat sinks total
Standard 200 engine
No level 2 tech

I haven't bothered with anything else yet for the sake of saving C-Bills. With the AC/20 variant, i've had solid results averaging a 3.0 KD over the course of 20 games, with ~350-400 damage per match, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of something better. I'm open to all suggestions. Please leave reasoning behind your ideals. Thanks in advance^_^

#2 Evan Doraan

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

304 Total armor
Left Arm + right arm: Medium Pulse
Right torso: AC/5 + 2 tons of ammo (ammo is in the left torso with a CASE)
Also right: Medium Pulse + Small Pulse
Head: Medium Pulse
15 heat sinks total.
Standard 200 engine

Endo Steel and DHS

This one is my favorite so far, as it provides a lot of versatility. You can harass larger mechs from a distance with your AC and then get in close. Overheating isn't an issue either. It's especially effective against larger mechs, but you are also able to squash those pesky little scouts, cause of the shorter firing cycle of your lasers.
I left out the AMS, simply (from a purely egotistical perspective) because you probably won't be sniping (being out of cover) too much and should use cover whenever possible anyways.

In general. I would really suggest you going Endo Steel and DHSs.

Different build ideas would be AC/20 and AC/10. The former going for normal Med Lasers, the latter still going for pulse lasers or a mix of pulse and normal. I.e.: Pulse in the arms and normal ones in your torso, or vice versa.

#3 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

I like your first build, i would just dump the ams, bring the armour up to 320 (10tons), and pack more ammo if you can.
Oh and endo steel will give you another 2tons? to play with.

#4 Lefty Lucy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

I had some limited success with a gauss rifle and 5 smalls, but the explosive nature of the gun, and the exposed hunch meant I generally didn't last very long.

#5 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

If you're going to use the 4H you may as well use those extra energy hardpoints, the right torso is the perfect place for some big energy weapons.

#6 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Up the ammo and the engine, drop everything else (AMS, Energy weapons, etc).

With the faster speed, you can close the gap and keep ripping the enemy apart with that AC/20 and all the ammo you have loaded up. Not to mention, once your AC/20 is destroyed, your screwed anyway so make it simple on yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users