HBK-4SP vs. CN9-AL

9 replies to this topic

#1 Krazy Kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I will be buying my first mech soon. Not sure what to choose.

The HBK-4SP and CN9-AL seem to be very similar. I know the CN9-AL from playing the trial version, and I like it! But there are more posts favoring the Hunchback.

What is the difference? Which to choose?

Also, how much money should I save for upgrades before I buy it. 200k, 500k, 1mil?

<edited to change CN9-HL to CN9-AL>

Edited by Krazy Kat, 03 November 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#2 Moogles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

#1, its a CN9-AL, not an HL.

Also, the difference is mainly preference. The Centurion has less hardpoints overall, but can "zombie" better than the hunchback. The Hunch on the other hand doesn't have the weakness of losing 50% of it's firepower if the right arm gets taken off. In this particular matchup, I prefer the Hunch, simply because you have more to work with. You have missiles on both sides and lasers all over. The centurion would only really win in the "center torso" laser category.

That's just my 2c.

#3 Krazy Kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostMoogles, on 03 November 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

The Hunch on the other hand doesn't have the weakness of losing 50% of it's firepower if the right arm gets taken off. In this particular matchup, I prefer the Hunch, simply because you have more to work with. You have missiles on both sides and lasers all over.

Thx for the reply.
In the mech lab is there a way to see where the available slots are located? This bugs me, because the stats are almost the same. The only way I can tell where the slots are is by the picture of the mech.

#4 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

If you customize your CN9-AL loadout to be as powerful as Yen-Lo-Wang's, you can defeat the HBK-4SP anytime.... if possible. :D

#5 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

someone asked EXACTLY the same question a while ago: http://mwomercs.com/...ion-for-newbie/

#6 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

I prefer the -4SP. The symettrical hardpoints mean that you are still firing pretty effectively with half your mech gone. You have an extra hard point. HBK have wider torso-twist than CNT, and it has the fully-actuated arms to boot.

#7 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

I personally prefer CN-9-AL as they are better when being a zombie, which HBK-4SP might have troubles doing that when both of its arms were stripped off depending on the loadout itself. But I could be wrong though. Plus, I believe that CN9-AL is slightly more durable than HBK-4SP in armor.

someone asked EXACTLY the same question a while ago: http://mwomercs.com/...ion-for-newbie/

Right... It seems like the CNT in HBK are the favorite medium mechs in among of us made the CNT vs HBK a debatable hot-topic.

Edited by Draken X, 04 November 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#8 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostDraken X, on 04 November 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

I personally prefer CN-9-AL as they are better when being a zombie, which HBK-4SP might have troubles doing that when both of its arms were stripped off depending on the loadout itself. But I could be wrong though. Plus, I believe that CN9-AL is slightly more durable than HBK-4SP in armor.

Right... It seems like the CNT in HBK are the favorite medium mechs in among of us made the CNT vs HBK a debatable hot-topic.

All 50 ton mechs have exactly the same max armor.

#9 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 04 November 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

All 50 ton mechs have exactly the same max armor.

Yes, but CN9-AL has 11 tons of armor (336) while all HBK have 10 tons of armor (320).

#10 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostDraken X, on 04 November 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Yes, but CN9-AL has 11 tons of armor (336) while all HBK have 10 tons of armor (320).

Yes, but why stick to stock variants?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users