? Structure/Armor criticals destroyed

2 replies to this topic

#1 Jubal

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

I searched for this but did not find the question so sorry if this is a repeat.

When I upgrade to ferro-fiberous, or structure upgrade some of those critcals that are consumed will appear in various parts of the mech.

If I have 5 armor criticals in the left arm and that left arm is destroyed during a match what is actually happening?

Does is now cost me proportionally that much more to repair?
Had my armor for the remainder of the match been recuded by the portion of those critical armor slots destroyed?
And aside from armor, what about structure... does that somehow weaken my mech?

Does the placement of any of these things matter at all?

Thanks for any info.

#2 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Nothing change ingame.

More repair after.

#3 Dayuhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCarse

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

The critical slots taken by Ferro-Fibrous armor and Endo Steel internal structure only use slots as place-holders to indicate how many critical slots you have left. Any critical hit to any of these slots is ignored. The only purpose of the critical slots for these items is to reduce the number of critical slots available for other items (thus emphasizing the extra space they use when installed). Losing a limb or a torso that contains these items has no in-game affect. However, both Ferro-Fibrous armor and Endo Steel Internal structure cost more to install and repair than regular armor and structure - you can verify this by looking at the cost per ton in the parts list for each item.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users