Mwo Login Crashes 2Wire At&t Dsl Router?

v1.0.134

5 replies to this topic

#1 Indigo Bowra

Rookie

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

This one is bizarre, but it's consistent and repeatable. Last night I spent about two hours on the phone with AT&T DSL tech support trying to narrow down a connection loss issue whenever I try logging into MWO.

Description

Almost every time I login to MWO, my little 2Wire 2701HG-B DSL router entirely drops DSL sync. It's not just a PPPoE session drop, as one might expect: losing PPPoE session if the CPU it shares with the firewall were being inundated with states could cause it to drop. This, however, goes a step beyond and causes an actual DSL sync loss.

Repetition Procedure

• Obtain AT&T DSL service
  • Use 2Wire 2701HG-B DSL router for transit
  • Login to 2Wire interface: http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=B03
  • Login to MWO
  • Refresh 2Wire interface and observe loss of DSL sync

Has anyone else experienced anything similar with this setup? I can login to Eve Online and various other games without isssue. The only game I've found that triggers this behavior in my dinky 2wire router almost every time I login is MWO.

[edit: NOTE: Not suggesting this is specifically an issue with MWO *or* AT&T DSL w/ 2Wire router, just that the combination is dysfunctional. Like my last marriage.]

Edited by Niko Snow, 03 April 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#2 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

No clue Indigo...

Best bet if you haven't done so already is email support@mwomercs.com and see what they say...

Haven't had problems for a long time now, have AT&T DSL, but there was a stretch back in August where I dropped connection with the game but it never affected my internet connection... support ended up having me open some TCP/UDP ports on my router that seem'd to help...

Anywho, try support and hopefully they can get the problem narrow'd down for you...

Good luck...

#3 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Indigo, try running a tracert command to www.mwomercs.com and see if your rates are above 500ms before the last successful hop.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,758 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Are you connected via wireless or the jack? If wireless, hook up to the jack and test.

http://forums.att.co...ps/td-p/2794071

Hmm, the thread above has some interesting issues/resolutions. I am still shaking my head.

As a test, run both MWO and one of the other games at the same time.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 November 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#5 Tuvar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCharleston, WV

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Firmware on the modem updated? I don't know what would cause the modem to drop signal unless there is packets in doesn't understand causing it to crash. Goodluck, thats an odd problem for sure. If you are not on a wired connection though as someone said that would be the next test.

#6 Fingles

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

I had an issue a couple of patches back like this. I would run MWO and at some point during play I would lose my internet connection (ATT DSL 8 year old modem). I could go days without playing MWO and have no problem, run MWO for an hour and boom, no internet. I don't remember the exact procedure, but I changed some of the timeout settings in the modem and turned off some security. A couple days after I fixed the modem, Windows firewall suddenly didn't like MWO, had to go in to the settings and allow a bunch of MWO executables through the firewall. Since then I have had no problems (other than crash to desktop).

You are not alone. I would try to update firmware if you can, then start checking security and disconnect settings.

Edit: My last marriage was also dysfunctional. Coincidence? I think not......

Edited by Fingles, 04 November 2012 - 09:25 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users