[Joystick/controller Advanced Workaround Support]{Throttle, Deadzone, Joystick Sensitivity & Logitech + Saitek Fix}

96 replies to this topic

#21 EternalCore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostCitizen Louis, on 16 November 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

I am using a Nitho Shock Pad controller made for PC, and I checked out fine with the Windows Diagnostics. I could not get the throttle to work like it did in Halo, but the first code insert did the trick. However, my torso twisting and pitch (controlled by the right joystick) are increadibly slow. I have the 90 kph Centurion which is very fast on torso twists with the mouse, but with the controller is even slower than the Atlas. I will try and see how the second bit of code works tomorrow.

As This Nitho Shock Pad is a Very Low Quality Game pad so there's no surprise it's not working properly for you...

View PostCitizen Louis, on 16 November 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Scratch that, I can't paste it into the XML file using notepad or the much maligned IE. I looked at the file and it seems that maybe the code has been added in a patch somewhere along the way. I just started playing Mechwarrior again, so I have been a bit out of the loop.

The xml & config Code are identical to the files I'm currently using for my game with 0 issues; so there should be no problems pasting it into the files listed.

#22 Red John

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

I followed the instructions for my Extreme 3D Pro and everything works right except the x-axis and the twist are reversed. Any ideas why?

#23 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostRed John, on 16 November 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

I followed the instructions for my Extreme 3D Pro and everything works right except the x-axis and the twist are reversed. Any ideas why?

did you use the config file I posted Under Part A of the workaround?

#24 Red John

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

Yes. It did paste in the Notepad as one continuous line. I separated the lines so it looked like the text you posted. It also defaulted to ANSI when I saved. Is this ok?

#25 Shelgeyr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 109 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Anyone know of a way to get my keyboard's macro keys to work in-game?

#26 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

View PostRed John, on 17 November 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Yes. It did paste in the Notepad as one continuous line. I separated the lines so it looked like the text you posted. It also defaulted to ANSI when I saved. Is this ok?

No that's not ok.... It has to look exactly like the way it's posted but in notepad or wordpad.

#27 Red John

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

What I mean is I inserted the carraige returns to make it look exactly like your text, but in my Notepad. Then I saved the file to the indicated directory as user.cfg. The other question I have is what format should the file be in when I save it. The default is ANSI, but the other options are: Unicode, Unicode big endian and UTF-8

As an aside, I was looking through the options in the game and I found the torso twist was mapped to the x-axis there so I mapped it to the z-axis so now the twist works but the x-axis still doesn't.

#28 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostRed John, on 17 November 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

What I mean is I inserted the carraige returns to make it look exactly like your text, but in my Notepad. Then I saved the file to the indicated directory as user.cfg. The other question I have is what format should the file be in when I save it. The default is ANSI, but the other options are: Unicode, Unicode big endian and UTF-8

As an aside, I was looking through the options in the game and I found the torso twist was mapped to the x-axis there so I mapped it to the z-axis so now the twist works but the x-axis still doesn't.

Make sure it's NOT saving as "user.cfg.txt" cause that wont work...

It Should just be "Plain Text" Nothing else.

X-axis and Y-axis Should be mapped to your top mech body movement for precise aiming as the video Shows on the first post of this thread.

Edited by EternalCore, 17 November 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#29 Red John

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Figured it out. Thanks for the help.

#30 Citizen Louis

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostEternalCore, on 16 November 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

As This Nitho Shock Pad is a Very Low Quality Game pad so there's no surprise it's not working properly for you...

The xml & config Code are identical to the files I'm currently using for my game with 0 issues; so there should be no problems pasting it into the files listed.

Actually it works just fine for the throttle side.... I'm in Kazakhstan so it is no simple matter to find other options. I can't find an X-box 360 controller that is not wireless, and I doubt I will be able to find the proprietary wireless adapter here. Your notepad fix "A" worked perfectly, but I guess I'm just out of luck getting the torso twisting to work.

Edited by Citizen Louis, 18 November 2012 - 05:49 AM.

#31 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

@Citizen Louis: Please fix your Post; as the way you have your text inside the quote will confuse others.

#32 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Update: Patch 1.0.150(Nov. 20th 2012) - No updates required

#33 Kooroush Azartash

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

EternalCore,

I had few questions:
1. Can the code below be used to address the sensitivity and deadzone issues with the X-52 joystick?

2. What does:
cl_joystick.. & l_joystick.. refer to in the code?

3. Is the video you posted "ii:[color=#959595] Video of How the Joystick should work: [/color]Saitek X52-Pro Gameplay" one that you did, and if so, how did you get such good response from your controls?

View PostEternalCore, on 04 November 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Workaround::

Spoiler

#34 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostKooroush Azartash, on 21 November 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

EternalCore,

I had few questions:
1. Can the code below be used to address the sensitivity and deadzone issues with the X-52 joystick?

2. What does:
cl_joystick.. & l_joystick.. refer to in the code?

3. Is the video you posted "ii: Video of How the Joystick should work: Saitek X52-Pro Gameplay" one that you did, and if so, how did you get such good response from your controls?

1. Yes

2. cl stands for Command-Line/Client & I stands for Input Device and in this case the joystick.

3. Look at the gp lines in the config. :)

Edited by EternalCore, 22 November 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#35 MrCoffee

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Eternalcore, thank you very much for this guide. I follow it every update.

Between the end of September and the first week in November, something about my user.cfg behavior is different. Before I stopped playing in October, your user.cfg settings made the mouse and stick very responsive. After November, the gp_ settings do not seem to affect the response of the stick. I reverted to putting in the gain and sensitivity lines into user.cfg, from Paul's early post on joystick support. I re-installed the game yesterday, but that didn't make a difference in the stick response for the gp_ lines.

I am using a Saitek X-52 pro. Is there something in my user.cfg or possibly in my X-52 control panel that conflicts with gp_ settings?

cl_joystick_gain = 8
cl_joystick_sensitivity = 0.70
cl_joystick_throttle_range = 0
cl_joystick_invert_throttle = 1
cl_joystick_invert_pitch = 1
;cl_joystick_invert_yaw = 1
i_joystick_buffered = 0

gp_mech_view_look_sensitivity = 0.0090
gp_mech_view_zoom_level1_sensitivity_modifier = 0.2
gp_mech_view_zoom_level2_sensitivity_modifier = 0.3
gp_mech_view_zoom_level3_sensitivity_modifier = 0.35

i_joystick_deadzone = 0.070
cl_joystick_deadzone = 0.070

cl_fov = 77

#36 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

@MrCoffee: In the Last couple of patches the Game's performance has gone from smooth as silk to epic slide-show`ness... Press F9 while in your game and it'll show the FPS in the top left and I bet it's below 24FPS for you as it is for me and many others.... The Low FPS makes the joystick feel slow because the game isn't responding fast enough to process the movements properly...

#37 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Update: Patch 1.1.155(Nov. 27th 2012) - No updates required

#38 cyclonus

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

I've got the work around exactly but for some reason my torso twist is inverted anyone have any ideas i've got a logitech extreme 3d pro

#39 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

View Postcyclonus, on 28 November 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

I've got the work around exactly but for some reason my torso twist is inverted anyone have any ideas i've got a logitech extreme 3d pro

Try this setting in the user.cfg:
cl_joystick_invert_turn = 1

And report back.

#40 Donnan

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Running a new T.Flight.Hotas.X and the throttle refuses to work. Well it works but it automatically throws me into full speed and I have to use the toggles on the back to reverse.

Tried all the config files bit the throttle still refuses to work correctly. Any suggestions?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users