Damage and armor for backstabbers

3 replies to this topic

#1 FernestHall

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

If I shoot somebody from behind, how is the damage spread if I destroy a part?
If the rear center torso is destroyed, is the next damage applied to the internals of the front torso (and thus the engine)? Is it spread out to the rear side torsos?

If left rear torso is destroyed, is the next damage applied to left front torso? or to the central rear torso or to the arms? or the internals of the left rear torso? (and if they are destroyed, what happens then?)

Does a mech lose its arm if a side torso is destroyed? (does it apply to rear side torsos?)

How many hitpoints do the internals have? Does it depend on the mech size?

Are there some informations how much armor is used in certain mechs (and mech parts)? How much armor do you use and do you focus on the front or do you armor the back as well?

#2 potatoparrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 210 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Destroying rear armour exposes the internals. Destroying rear CT exposes CT internals, destroying those destroys the mech.

Destroying rear RT will expose internal RT, destroying those will destroy the RT and R Arm. Losing the side torsos will destroy the arm (and the mech if they are using an XL Engine).

Internals have HP equal to 1/4 of the maximum armour value of that location. At least, I believe it's 1/4. They doubled armour values but left internal values the same, I think.

#3 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Damage in tabletop transfers inward, in the sense that it spreads from the outside to the next part IN.

It is SUPPOSED to start with armor, I dunno how MWO does it.

Internals are 1/3 the amount of MAX armor that area CAN HAVE. Not the armor they DO HAVE.

Yes, if you get a torso blown off, the arm goes with it. Legs are attached to the center torso.

#4 Arnorath

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

There is only one set of internals for each torso section. If the rear center torso armor is destroyed, further damage goes straight to the center torso internals.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users