Favourite 'Unseen' battlemechs to be 'Reseen' in MWO and would you pay for them?

98 replies to this topic

#41 Eclyptrakles

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts
  • LocationKiel, Germany

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

@first I want to have a "Goliath" some day, or a "Tarantula" as scout :P

And at least, wenn I play many years I´d like to see all Mechs here from the Franchise - with wheeled and tracked tanks, with hovercrafts, with Clans and Elementals :blink: and with Heli´s and Aerospacecraft.

I hope this might be a far vision of the DEVs for the future, too. The Potencial of Mechwarrior is enormous! The rules are together logical-simple & very complex.

#42 Eclyptrakles

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts
  • LocationKiel, Germany

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

And yes, for that I would pay 10 EUR/Month

#43 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Gah!! I cant choose ONE, i want them ALL!!

One idea if it would cost them money to have them on licence is to make the "unseen" a sort of "premium" mechs (that you pay $ to own) to pay for the extra cost of having them in the game.

#44 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

My idea is for the developers to buy the licence to use the "unseen" and then offer them as premium mechs (that you buy for £$£) to pay for the extra cost of licencing.

What do you all think? Would you pay extra to get an "unseen" mech with the original look?

#45 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

not a bad idea, but I think PGI has been doing a good job with the remakes. Going back original would stop the evolution of mechs, which is an interesting thing in itself.

As long as unseen and remake were both availible with unseen being identical in loadout and varients to remakes, only changing the look would not have a large effect on the balance of the game.

Edited by ManDaisy, 02 May 2012 - 07:22 AM.

#46 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

I would have LIKED for there to have been an Archer in MWO, but if it's not to be, it's not to be. I'm fine with a Mech costing $ for early access, but once it's "public", it should always be obtainable through in-game currency as well.

#47 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

Even if they were obtainable by in-game currency, Harmony would slaughter PGI for it.PGI would be making money of their ides, the whole reason they were against them in the Battletech.

P.S. I don't have any $,or pounds, just €. ;)

#48 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostAdridos, on 02 May 2012 - 07:46 AM, said:

Even if they were obtainable by in-game currency, Harmony would slaughter PGI for it.PGI would be making money of their ides, the whole reason they were against them in the Battletech.

P.S. I don't have any $,or pounds, just €. ;)

Sorry but i dont have the euro sign on my keyboard, only the £ and $. We dont use euro in Sweden. :(

#49 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

I paid for the miniatures of the unseen, so yeah, I would pay for a digital version. At least this time my purchase would be able to shoot streams of colored light. ;)

#50 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

No. Not even a single copper coin for Harmony Gold ever. Reseens ftw!

#51 00dlez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

This is a loaded question, I would be willing to pay money to play the game in general. Having exclusive mechs available to players who pay is a slippery slope to Pay 2 Win.

#52 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

Why pay for the license of the Unseen when you can use the Reseen for free? Sure not all the Reseen are as cool looking as their Unseen counterparts but some of them are not that bad. To be honest I really like the Reseen Marauder. Sure the Unseen is cool and all but the Reseen is still really sweet. As for the Warhammer, yeah, I still like the Unseen more then the Reseen but at the same time I can see its potential and I am sure SD would do a phenomenal job in bringing out the Reseen Warhammers potential.

P.S.: Also, F**K HARMONY GOLD!! ;)

Edited by Coralld, 02 May 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#53 Gwenaelle Focht

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPlanet Wyatt, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hm, I am really surprised to see that some of you are willing to pay just to have those Unseen mech models included in the game (since most of these models could be defined as 'the cradle of battlemechs' and as such could merit to be included in MWO free of charge).

While this could be justified in the beginning to cover the license payment, I think it should not be intended as another source of income for the developers (there are plenty of other options for that). Moreover, it would go against the Free-2-Play policy, that everyone gets to start with the mech of her/his choice, and I am not sure that separating out (pay option) Unseen mech types will be seen as a popular measure by the majority of MWO players.

Personally, I still find the re-designing of mechs to be a more promising approach and knowing that the developers are sort of 'Battletech/Mechwarrrior junkies' themselves, I do believe that they would be very interested in creating reproductions that bear close resemblances to the original layout of the Unseen mechs.

#54 Gwenaelle Focht

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

I just commented on this point in my 'Unseen/Reseen' thread ...

... http://mwomercs.com/...wo/page__st__40

... not being aware that a separate thread had been opened to address this topic.

#55 eZZip

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

I don't think anybody should have to pay any more (RL cash) for any mechs than for other mechs, regardless of their qualities. If it turned out that their business model was performing worse than they expected, I don't see this being an impossible route to boost revenue, though.

#56 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Merged with the "Would you pay for the Unseens" and moved to Off Topic.

#57 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

Perhaps we could have had the poll from one of the threads included in this merger?

I dont see why this was moved to Off-topic as it was a valid suggestion and not off topic at all.

Edited by Carl Wrede, 03 May 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#58 Gunmage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

I'm ashamed to admit it, but i'd pay for my Marauder, be it Reseen or Unseen version.

More like, i'm about to scream "Just stop struggling, take my money and give me the MARAUDER!!!!!1111oneone"

#59 Gwenaelle Focht

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 03 May 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Perhaps we could have had the poll from one of the threads included in this merger?

I dont see why this was moved to Off-topic as it was a valid suggestion and not off topic at all.

I absolutely agree with you as I don't think this is off-topic at all!

Possibly, the debate about paying for 'Unseen/Reseen' mechs is not that appreciated in the 'Suggestions' section by the staff (?), but I think my original thread attracted a lot of user participation and I consider the poll, I set up for the original thread, as very valuable for the developers (that is, of course, if the opinion of MWO users regarding the 'Unseen/Reseen' topic is of interest to them at all), reflecting, for instance, which 'Unseen' mechs types are the most popular and which ones aren't that popular.

I would like to see the merged thread reopened (in either this subforum or the other one, as from my experience access to both thread seems to be restricted/blocked) and although I am sure the merging of the two threads was meant in a good way, especially, the loss of the polls is major drawback from my perspective ...

... one of the main, growing problems with this MWO forum is, that the sheer volumes (pages) of the 'General Discussions' and 'Suggestions' forums have become absolutely unclear and difficult to manage due to the flood of new (partly repetitive) threads that are composed on a regular basis and maybe, substructuring these two large subforums would be a good idea, so that repetitions or overlappings are avoided ... this is the big advantage of the House forums at the same time, but, naturally, these are not frequented often by non-faction members as the idea behind them is to be specific.

#60 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Would I pay for unseens or reseens? Like a Warhammer? It all depends on how much it ends up costing....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users