Favourite 'Unseen' battlemechs to be 'Reseen' in MWO and would you pay for them?

98 replies to this topic

#61 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

The Warhammer, Marauder, Rifleman, and Locust were awesome unseens. However their current reseen versions are ugly as hell. Since MWO is redesigning everything I'd prefer that they base these new designs on the unseens more than the reseen.

#62 Eruthis

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

The Marauder(IIC) would be my first choice as it was the first mech I ever used. I would also pay money for a Phoenix Hawk as it is one of my favorite choices for a command mech.

I agree that the unseen are a huge part of the universe for many of us. To that end I feel like it would be fantastic if the game were able to bring all of them back to the forefront of Battletech/Mechwarrior.

#63 Rattlehead NZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationAuckland New Zealand

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostKilroy, on 05 May 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

The Warhammer, Marauder, Rifleman, and Locust were awesome unseens. However their current reseen versions are ugly as hell. Since MWO is redesigning everything I'd prefer that they base these new designs on the unseens more than the reseen.

I agree totally. Saved me alot of typing :)

#64 Torrix

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLeopard Class Dropship [NAME REDACTED]

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

There can be only one...um no, there can't:

1. Warhammer
2 Marauder
3. Shadowhawk
4. Phoenix Hawk
5. Battlemaster

I'll take the original versions or the II/IIc...but would prefer, um... all of them :)

#65 Punisher 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Well that can open a big can of worms.

I think if you have worked to have the rank or skill to have the option to buy said Mech I'd be all for it. As long as you can use that mech like any other and it would not have any special advantage.

Where as in other games you can just buy into items with no real skill needed. There are many examples of this. Wolrd of Tanks had Wallet Warrior tanks where as they came wih special bonuses but could not be added to or improved. You paid real cash for them. The advantage was reduced repair costs so they were useful in making and saving in game cash.

In this game Having something a little less common but on equal grounds as standard market mechs would be a nice touch.

#66 Master Kane

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Locationat the controls

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

its a Battlemaster and Yes I would pay for it it was dlc.

#67 JP Josh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • Locationsteam- jp josh

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

im a pilot that loves to pilot the ultra tanks that specilize in taking abouse i would like to see a turtle and some of its varients please because for some reason i just love saying "im still alive!!!" to the guys that are shooting me buying time for my allies to get into possition to beat em.

#68 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:30 AM

Marauder, Warhammer and the two QuadMechs Scorpion and Goliath are my favorite unseens.
I think most off the people here would pay for the unseens, cause some of the most iconic mechs of Battletech are unseens. Unfortunately ... :blink:

In my opinion, most of the reseen designs are ugly, but i've seen nice reseen designs of Goliath and Scorpion on Sarna. They're ok and yes, i would pay for them, but nothing can top the original Marauder and Warhammer.

#69 Xaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • LocationFlorida-ish

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

Marauder. AND not ashamed to admit I'd pay for it!

Honorable mention: T-Bolt, Crusader, Warhammer, the Hawk brothers, Rifleman...

#70 Iolobliss

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOver yonder on the game world, Solaris VII

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Pay for them based on their original design (?), maybe (that depends on the price for each model) ... in general, I would like to see all of them included/offered in MW:O; however, as a reader of BattleTech novels since their introduction I particularly would like to have the Marauder, Warhammer, Crusader, Wolverine, Phoenix and Shadow Hawk, BattleMaster, Valkyrie, Locust, Rifleman, Archer, and Thunder Bolt implemented in the game.

#71 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

I'd think about having them in 'Unseen Packs' a light, med, heavy, and assault.

Though I imagine that the heavy would be the best selling one.... Oh and I'd pay a S**tload to pilot a Warhammer or Marauder.

#72 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

Even if they have to be renamed to get the lawyers to back off I'd like to see FD's take on them. Would like to think that the weapon barrels hanging out just begging to be shot off would get some armor jackets.

Later™ of course.

#73 Damecles

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 55 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta. Canada

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

I can't do just one...so here is my top five:)

Rifleman, Warhammer, Battlemaster, Locast, and....Archer. And I would pay for all of them...even a stinger:)

#74 Sir Iron Duke

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

Personally...i ike to see the Rifleman (Defender in Robotech) and the Warhammer (Tomahawk in Robotech); to my understanding, the Warhammer II is free of the drama of the patent troll regarding MechWarrior and the other mecha creations.

#75 Harman Smith

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

EDIT: LOL, Idiotic of me. You're talking about stuff I had no idea about. I see now.

I personally would love any and all of them, as long as their proportion and design are not too cartoony or ridiculous.

Edited by Harman Smith, 28 May 2012 - 04:57 AM.

#76 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

My personal POV on this is to keep mecha from anime out of MW games period. I have seen all of the unseen in the animation and find it really odd, in a Marvel vs Capcom sort of way, to see them in MW games. Like the Zentradi or the Invid have returned.

I do not care if they make it in, I would just rather they not. My disbelief is not suspended enough, you could say. And no, because of that, I would not pay for them.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 13 May 2012 - 03:22 AM.

#77 Jakebob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

all of them, and yes, I'd pay for the ones I wanted to use. (Marauder for sure)

#78 Paul Stern

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:30 AM

View PostGwenaelle Focht, on 15 April 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

The Phoenix Hawk is the optimum blend of weapon power, sufficient armour, and speed/agility for me and it can be incorporated in mech troops for any type of mission, also due to the various modifications available for this mech model. Thus, it seems to be the most logical choice for me, although I would also be very happy to get the chance to pilot a Crusader (actually, rather than an Archer ... probably, not being as glorious a pilot as Galen Cox though) or being in command of a mech unit piloting a BattleMaster.

we have exactly (!) the same taste :blink: i love this mechs!

#79 Nightstorm

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:19 AM

My very first expierience with Battletech was picking up a box of the 2nd editon rule set in a book store way back in the mid 80's. Guess what was on the front cover? Yep the WHM-6R Warhammer. Two massive PPC's for arms and shoulder mounted SRM6 with some weapons tucked into each torso. I've got to say hands down, that's my favorite mech ever. I love most of the Unseen. The MAD-3R Marauder is my second choice. Those two mechs were the staple of my TT days and even MW1 and MW2. Yes there have been fan made mods of MW4 that let you drive these, and even MW:LL. While I'll play MW:O regardless, I'd LOVE to see these babies make a return as close to their original form as possible. When I first saw that trailer years ago for the Mechwarrior Reboot, I seriously jumped out of my chair when I saw it was a Warhammer. I want that. :blink:

And yes, I'd pay for a pack that included the unseen if that's what it takes.

Edited by Nightstorm, 13 May 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#80 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

This Marauder redesign, mady by "shortpainter" is the best i've ever seen. In my opinion a perfect compromise between the original unseen Marauder and something new. Imagine you could pilot this beauty in the game. Heck...it would be awesome.

Posted Image

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users