November 6Th Patch Notes - 1.0.142

162 replies to this topic

#141 cyberFluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Quoting myself from another post as I see no reason to rehash it.

View PostcyberFluke, on 07 November 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

View PostCompproB237, on 06 November 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

This is really an example of how the C3 System that the Draconis Combine makes in 3050 was supposed to help with targetting information. A spotter (usually a fast/light mech) would run and spot an enemy, gain targetting information and then another C3-Equipped 'Mech would begin raining death. Where the storyline stands the only information that should be parlayed to others should be over the radio (C3, Command, Control, Conquer... not the C3 Unit System) and all missles are supposed to use Line of Sight for targetting information. TAG and NARC was to help assist with lock on time as well as accuracy by giving the friendly 'Mech's targetting computer a better idea of where the missles were supposed to go.

I've already gone over this in the Suggestions section. To keep it simple every 'Mech in the game currently has a weightless, critless C3i (Made in 3062... 13 years "in the future") System installed. In my opinion, this is what is making missles so "Overpowered".

*THIS*

This is one of my biggest faults with the game to date. In my opinion (which I'm aware is worthless, as a lone voice) this needs to change ASAP. The c3 computer(s) need(s) to be introduced at the same time as the Guardian ECM and Beagle Active Probe planned for the end of this month. It needs to be done early, to allow people to get used to how this will change current spam tactics.

I'm not entirely sure what they're planning to do with the planned "Command Console" that comes fitted in the Atlas-D-DC ("http://www.sarna.net...Command_Console"). I'm pretty sure it's not going to allow for another pilot to sit inside your mech, but give some sort of bonus to being the team commander in some way. Perhaps MW:O's command console could be combined with the C3 Master computer in the BT rules. Effectively this would mean you'd need a mech with the command console on your team, and need a "command slave" module in your mech to receive/transmit targeting data on the C3 network. An alternative would be to just combine the master and slave together as well, making one "combined command console", every mech that wanted to share targeting data would need one equipped.

This would keep with the intended level of complexity of BattleTech, rather than the increasingly watered down version of the game we're seeing.

#142 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

View PostcyberFluke, on 07 November 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

Quoting myself from another post as I see no reason to rehash it.

As it stand right now it seems like all mechs act like they have C3 equipped. This also means that weapons like tags and narcs act very differently than you would expect, increasing damage dealt rather than allowing targeting beyond a certain range.

As it stands I can't imagine how ECM, BAP or C3 would even work in this sort of environment. If they are encountering issues with the ECM being OP in internal testing I can't begin to imagine what effects they have given to these modules.

I'm no TT purist, nor have I ever played the TT game, but I have played Mech Warrior Living Legends, Mech Warrior 4 and Mech Warrior 3 and it seems like if they had simply stuck to something along the lines of what those games used for radar they might not be having such trouble figuring out how to balance everything because the modules could actually just do what they are supposed to do.

#143 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostPaladin Plus, on 07 November 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

Imagine how the pugs feel

I, too, feel the sting of not being able to play an 8-person team. I hope that matchmaking will allow 4-8 person groups in the future, where the system can match group sizes (and also based on skill rating, rather than mech tonnage). When we have a group fo 8 jolly men and then can't even run together, it detracts from the fun/social side of the game.

However, what it does do is offer pugs a chance to learn from a pre-made team in game. As long as the pre-made team leader is willing to provide instruction and the pugs ask for direction, as we found in one notable game last night. The pugs were so happy for the win and zero deaths for a change.

Another change that we should have is to identify pre-mades vs. pugs in the startup screen. I think this will help a lot with teamwork or instruction, where needed. The most logical solution would be to have in-game chat (which is what C3 is suppose to do, if everyone universally adopted it), so that it levels the playing field for comms and keeps our fingers busy with the fight rather than commands/chat.

Devs... take a cue from Halo 2/3's matchmaking system (yeah, yeah... I play that, too), as it is probably the fairest skill-based setup I have encountered (skill rating goes up/down based on win/loss/KDR, etc., rather than being XP/level based).

#144 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostBellatorMonk, on 07 November 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

You need to fix being charged c-bills in the mechlab for switching back and forth between DHS and SHS if we purchased the DHS for a mech.

You need to remove Artemis or put in ECM's now regardless of how OP ECM is because right now Artemis is OP and there is really no reason to even play "Mech-LRMS Online" right now.

1. Disagree: Changing between these features is like rebuilding your mech, so you should get charged for having to switch, bearing in mind your takin all your internals out! Other solution is have two of the same mechs: one running DHS, the other running normal?

2. Agree/Disagree: While admittedly it is giving a pretty ridiculous advantage to the LRM boats, i wouldnt suggest putting in another element thats not yet working correctly. Fix the latter first, tweak it and maybe give us a couple of small hotfix patches to try out tweaks and see how it goes. But yes, right now most matches are LRM slug fests.

#145 WitchHawk

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

where do we as betas input our feedback to gameplaying n bug finds?.. this is my first actual beta test n i want to give feedback and ideas? ty

#146 Angellus

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

i didnt spend anything yet....i had my ingame $money disappear.
still no luck on answers.......
still not putting any real money into this game (afraid it will disappear also) until i hear something back.

so the long wait begins.....

#147 flashdrive

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

View Postwanderer, on 06 November 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

Hmm. This explains why TAG got it's weight doubled last patch.

Artemis seems to be a good duplicate for it, only it's automatic.

Also, welcome back fast Centurion.

And the surprise tweak to Forest Colony...more free cover in the lake? Awww....

free cover in the lake you say the gears must not be turning in you head to really call that free cover you must be one of those with no skill that spam LRMs all day. SAD learn to play scrub.

#148 Haroldwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 233 posts
  • LocationKalispell, MT

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

That's for the update. One observation, mech variants aren't new mechs. How about a new mech frame like the Stalker>>?

Edited by Haroldwolf, 07 November 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#149 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostKalenn, on 06 November 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

.... no, all heatsinks when switched to "double" will sink 1.4X as much heat as a single heatsink. This means that for example a light mech that previously held 10HS in its engine and had none outside will now sink 14 units of heat from 10, but mechs that previously had large numbers of HS (hello Atlai) will not gain as much benefit and could actually be penalized for taking them depending on fit.

This means there will now be a tighter trade-off with taking 'D'HS versus ES/FF for optimal weight / crit balance and keeps lazors from (again) being the only real weapon worth taking. Overall a positive - more flexibility / options are good!

They perhaps shouldn't be called double sinks now... but that's just semantics.

Just good luck putting anything else into that mech once you fill up so many slots with 10 double heats.

Edited by ArchMage Sparrowhawk, 07 November 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#150 Angellus

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

bring back the Blackhawk medium class mech. it was fast had decent armor and good weapon capacity and capability. also why dont mechwarrior online do what mechwarrior used to do with mechs.........open weapon slots instead of dedicated weapon type slots? used to be able to put any weapon in a slot only restriction was how many slots a weapon took and there were limits on slot sizes and locations on a mech. i used to play mechwarrior 2 online and loved being able to make my mech MY way. why not bring that back?

#151 Kalenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostArchMage Sparrowhawk, on 07 November 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Just good luck putting anything else into that mech once you fill up so many slots with 10 double heats.

I wasn't commenting on the logic of doing so... although there are lots of fits out there that run >10 DHS... 2 or more in the engine plus as many as 3 in each side torso and another 2 in each arm. Just pointing out that those fits have now been nerfed a bit.

#152 Cavalcade

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Nice work, but please, end the dump to the Home tab after a match!

I can't imagine why in the world any dev/tester WANTS to land at the Home tab rather than the Mech Lab after a match.

#153 EarthenMight

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the patch, send me an e-mail when you actually do something to fix the game.

View PostWitchHawk, on 07 November 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

where do we as betas input our feedback to gameplaying n bug finds?.. this is my first actual beta test n i want to give feedback and ideas? ty

Don't, really just don't. You suggest anything other than what the developers want to do the Founding Sheep will attack you. Post a bug and the Founding Sheep will post "BETA". Don't think I am right, post one suggestion.

#154 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostAngellus, on 07 November 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

bring back the Blackhawk medium class mech. it was fast had decent armor and good weapon capacity and capability. also why dont mechwarrior online do what mechwarrior used to do with mechs.........open weapon slots instead of dedicated weapon type slots? used to be able to put any weapon in a slot only restriction was how many slots a weapon took and there were limits on slot sizes and locations on a mech. i used to play mechwarrior 2 online and loved being able to make my mech MY way. why not bring that back?

You're really way behind on the discussions and debates. You should perhaps read up a little.

#155 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

holy s..., read up on mechwarrior, mechs using lasers are runing hot, i mean seriosly HOT.
pilots had to wear cooling vests to not simply die by heat in a battle.
a laserboat firing two alphas was guaranteed to shutdown . piloting a mech meant constantly managing heat, what weapon can i fire when without shutting down?

a hunchback 4p with 9 lasers that doesnt get to the shutdown border after firing all wapons once is not working, hes broken.
are you aware that a medium laser and a ac5 dealing the same dammage??
medium laser 1ton 1slot, now look at a ac5.

your laserboat no longer spam beams like hell without shuting down? finaly hes working as intended.

lrm are a different storry, they are out of the line due to the endless amount of them you can carry.
1000 guided missiles ...you would need a couple trucks following your mech to carry them all.
cut the number of lrms in one ton/one slot ammopack by half, at least.
they are not overpowerd if you run out of ammo after your 5th volley

#156 boah

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

Rock on guys!!! Keep up the good work!!! ;)

#157 Cthulhufish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostAngellus, on 06 November 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

i guess none of the mechwarrior online representatives that are on this forum reply to direct questions...................

:) have issue......asked for help.......going to bed now. hopefully news tomorrow

HAHAHAHAHAHA you think they respond? You think they actually respond to us? It seems like they only do that when they get drunk right at the end of closed beta...

PGI, stop promising what you can't deliver. How long has it been since you actually did not fall behind schedule on a patch? It's not very professional, and it certainly does not help when the little you guys do say to the community turns out false.

When will we even see the glaring hole of no in-game, in-match team VOIP plugged up? Will it be?

I love this game, it just frustrates me that it appears to be a sinking ship...

#158 Misha Volkov

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Because a lot of games by bigger companies with larger dev pools always deliver patches and features as scheduled and without bugs.

Rage on friend, rage on~

#159 ZefNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Yeah man cut the raging. Although actual playable content is quite slow to release, the game is not officially released so chill out. So far I see no ship sinking anytime soon based upon a few glitches here and there. I'm having the FPS glitch atm but it does not mean i'm declaring the game a failure. things go wrong.

With that said though... PGI fix it, that is all I ask. Cheers

Edited by ZefNinja, 08 November 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#160 Chaos Bringer

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

There should be a list that show the weapons buff/nerfs in detail
because i had no idea that the LRMs were nerfed and the A/C5 and machine guns jam.
The producers should add a weapon patch notes along with update patch notes cause now i really don't know what weapons is effect or what works.....

Edited by Chaos Bringer, 11 November 2012 - 07:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users