November 6Th Patch Notes - 1.0.142

162 replies to this topic

#101 Tsunamisan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Falling damage is really bad since the patch. Ifs this as intended or is the threshold going to be tweaked a bit because it seams like it happens even when i barley leave the ground at all and is much worse than before

#102 Angellus

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

i guess none of the mechwarrior online representatives that are on this forum reply to direct questions...................

:ph34r: have issue......asked for help.......going to bed now. hopefully news tommorrow

#103 Mechaninjalo

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Angellus, I think I read somwhere that they were gonna do one more data swipe, so that might b the issue. Please forgive me if im mistaken , just trying to help.

#104 Sean von Steinike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostAngellus, on 06 November 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

i guess none of the mechwarrior online representatives that are on this forum reply to direct questions...................

:ph34r: have issue......asked for help.......going to bed now. hopefully news tommorrow

Uh, yeah well, it's after 9pm for them.

#105 Nauht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostMechaninjalo, on 06 November 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

Angellus, I think I read somwhere that they were gonna do one more data swipe, so that might b the issue. Please forgive me if im mistaken , just trying to help.

False. No more resets or data wipes bar a catastrophic event happening. This is it. What you spend can't be got back.

Sorry, forum whining doesn't count.

#106 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Sorry guys but you really kind of screwed the dog when you take away 8 man teams. We have created groups and have learned strategies and roles and all of that. And now you take it away, so now I have to try to speak sign language with 4 random people?

Look. Bring back 8 man groups. The game is beautiful. But you still can make mistakes that ruin it. I was thinking this was going to be a World of Warcraft level time killer, the way people were getting together and grouping up. But if you limit everything to 4 man stars....

Lets just say I'm playing with a lot more pugs, after grouping with Clans. There's no comparison. My fun has been cut in half, and my frustration doubled.

#107 Humppaporo

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Come on. What brainfart was that with the double heat sinks. Now they are useless and it costs to downgrade again.

#108 Bagua

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostCochise, on 06 November 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

They really should get ALL of the electronic warfare modules up and running in the game and working properly. This would help with way to take out LRM boats. They really need to make this a priority.

I am really tired of this snails pace of getting this stuff out, I am turning in my fanboi badge.

Here is the statement of Bryan concering ECM: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/68360-into-the-lab/

We've had several internal playtests. Overall I'm excited to see this hit the battlefield, as it adds a very interesting tactical component. However, in its current state is very overpowered and makes certain mech builds even more useful (Gausspults). There was some general usability feedback from the team. Some found it hard to visualize, others wanted more indication that a friendly unit had an ECM equipped.

We're keeping it in test until some HUD/BattleGrid changes help smooth out communication, along with making sure the ECM is not OP. For those wanting to hide from LRMs, this will be your must have item.

And when ECM finally comes into the game new (and old) whine threads start again:
... Gausspults are soooooooooo overpowerd
... nobody will play LRM boats now, how can we survive without LRM support???
... all players will pilot only ravens in future and they should rename this game to ECM-Raven Online
... Ravens are totally OP
... light mechs are overpowerd in general coz of their speed
.... assaults are overpowerd coz of their weight
... I can not play this game anymore coz everything and everybody around me is totally overpowerd
... a lil' girl in a Jenner with a pink custom skin with rainbows and unicorns and stuff on it killed my ECM-Raven last night. Pink Jenners are totally OP and need to be nerved!
... lil' girls are overpowerd!
... I do not play this game until PGI boost the Raven's ECM with a feature to fend off lil' girls in Jenners with a pink custom skin with rainbows and unicorns and stuff on it
... PGI has to upgrade LRMs in the next patch coz only LRMs can kill Jenners with pink custom skins with rainbows and unicorns and stuff on them when they approach.

Argh!

Well, here is the reference to the OP "pink custom skin for jenners with rainbows and unicorns and stuff which has written "frontline troll" on the most visible spot.TM Thank you Nevrath. :P

P.S. @PGI
Please balance pink jenners carefully befor you put them into the game! :P

P.P.S. @PGI
Thank you for the hard and good work!

Edited by Bagua, 06 November 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#109 Kalenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostCaptain Midnight, on 06 November 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

So wait, double heat sinks are not being changed? they are still bugged in the engine and working when placed in standard criticals?

.... no, all heatsinks when switched to "double" will sink 1.4X as much heat as a single heatsink. This means that for example a light mech that previously held 10HS in its engine and had none outside will now sink 14 units of heat from 10, but mechs that previously had large numbers of HS (hello Atlai) will not gain as much benefit and could actually be penalized for taking them depending on fit.

This means there will now be a tighter trade-off with taking 'D'HS versus ES/FF for optimal weight / crit balance and keeps lazors from (again) being the only real weapon worth taking. Overall a positive - more flexibility / options are good!

They perhaps shouldn't be called double sinks now... but that's just semantics.

#110 Ydav

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 06 November 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

Open Beta - Update #1 - Patch 1.0.142

Each patch is getting worse and worse. Duke Nukem again?

#111 Crazywolf

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationS Y D N E Y AUST

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

This patch is a positive step in the right direction. But yet reading some of the comments there is still alot that needs to be addressed.
I guess future patches will improve this game. Keep in mind people that this is BETA and things will gradually improve.
I only hope this game will continue to head towards the right path as this game is still growing and improving.

#112 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

REasonable patch! Sounds great!

#113 Marvyra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

Haters will be hating! Don't feed them!

This patch is good, thank you for the match making change, it should've been in earlier but better late than never! ^^

#114 Lokust Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 927 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon, Inner Sphere.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

I'm pretty sure Bryan said they were gonna add cockpit damage fx for this patch. Where is it?

#115 Bagua

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

View PostLokust Davion, on 07 November 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure Bryan said they were gonna add cockpit damage fx for this patch. Where is it?

Yep, he said this. :P

#116 Mr Steik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUk

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

LRM's with Artemis is ******* crazy good, probably too good until they bring in the ECM. Firing nearly 1600 LRM(a) does cost like 120k though :P

#117 Morowind

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

I took a huge performance hit this patch. Previously I played on medium-high settings at 1600x900 res with 35+ fps. Now forest and city maps are mostly unplayable (fps from single digits to low 20's mostly in teens) at minimum settings, AA off, and resolution down to 1280x720. The settings changes did nothing to framerate. Looks like the hit was to my CPU not the graphics card. The new winter forest map runs better then any map I have ever played though. consistantly in the 45+ fps range.

#118 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

View PostTsunamisan, on 06 November 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Falling damage is really bad since the patch. Ifs this as intended or is the threshold going to be tweaked a bit because it seams like it happens even when i barley leave the ground at all and is much worse than before

My mech slid down a slope from the top of a hill and took no damage, but I drop one foot down something and my legs flash. :lol:

#119 BorgT6

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHalberstadt, Germany

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

View PostMarvyra, on 07 November 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

This patch is good, thank you for the match making change, it should've been in earlier but better late than never! ^^

Hello my LRM equipped friend!

#120 Xiph

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

My heat efficiency went down considerably when looking at the stats in the mechlab but the actual gameplay seems improved since I only used the engine heatsinks for my mech. I'm guessing I got a net positive change from this. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users