Looking for mature Kurita players to form DCMS regiment

46 replies to this topic

#1 Turbo Corvair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationLake Ariel, PA

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

This is not a "mercenary" unit recruitment thread, we hope to not have to resort to using the "mercenary" system and will not do so unless the game mechanics force it upon us.

I am seeking warriors (prefer age 21+) to form up the 2nd Proserpina Hussars "Vampires". Forming up under the Hussars gives us a true "canon" identity and lore to base our unit on, while using the 2nd regiment means we don't need to worry about conflicting with known events, identities, etc.

The 2nd Proserpina Hussars are mentioned only once and very vaguely in canon materials, but there is no detailed information available- not even the names of any of the officers in charge of the unit.

The "Proserpina Hussars" are loyal (even fanatical) followers of the dragon, and they are considered the elite of the floating DCMS units.

The idea for this unit is to form up between four and eight lances (one or two companies) to provide House Kurita with a truly organized and stable military unit. Depending on the game systems for loyal "House" players we may either run our unit independent of the game mechanics (i.e. external organization only) while remaining "House" players in the game, or if it is deemed preferable we might have to use the game systems intended for Mercenary units.

Regardless of how we choose to use the systems built into the game the unit will focus on communication, team strategy, and organization.

Anyone interested in participating please post here to begin discussing the formation of this unit.

#2 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

Considering I've usually used the 3rd Proserpina Hussars in tabletop games (as well as on the "3034: Battle for Bryant" MUSE back in the mid 90's) I wholeheartedly approve of the formation of a Hussar unit. And seeing as I'm old and over the hill I'd hope I count as mature. :angry: So, yeah, I'd be interested in this.

#3 Turbo Corvair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationLake Ariel, PA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Steinar, thanks for the note. I'm working on getting a website and forum up and running. Once I do I'd like to set up a live meeting for those of us interested to discuss plans for the unit.

I'll be sure to keep in touch. If you go to the mercenary recruitment forum you will see my other recruitment thread where I've been talking to another interested party.

Not sure what you consider over the hill, but I'll be 32 in a couple weeks.

Edited by Turbo Corvair, 16 April 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#4 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

I would be careful when trying to form Canon regiments as they may not allow you to do so, as the Canon regiments will actually be put into the game.

Also if you need forums, I can create forums for you at the House Kurita site, http://www.housekurita.org. Just make a post in the requests forum.

#5 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

Friendly Propaganda Bump...
Posted Image
(Yeah, it's from the 1st, but it's still Proserpina Hussars!)

#6 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

That's a nice repaint job on that there Awesome. Well done, Sir.

View PostTurbo Corvair, on 16 April 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

Not sure what you consider over the hill, but I'll be 32 in a couple weeks.

Heh. Well, I'm inching closer to 40 every day myself, so according to my younger self from back when I started playing Battletech I'm officially old. My younger self is, however, a snotnosed punk who needs to learn some respect for his older self. So there.

Paladin Brewer has a point however. We don't know yet if it will even be possible to create a unit using canon house unit names when the game launches.

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 22 April 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#7 Andrew D

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland, United States

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Brewer from 3056 etc MU* by any chance?

#8 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

surely sounds interesting, though before signing with this or that unit now, I just want to wait and see what option I will be given when fighting for the dragon

rgds

#9 Promptus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationMatamoras

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostTurbo Corvair, on 15 April 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

This is not a "mercenary" unit recruitment thread, we hope to not have to resort to using the "mercenary" system and will not do so unless the game mechanics force it upon us.

I feel your pain, sir.

#10 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostAndrew D, on 11 June 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

Brewer from 3056 etc MU* by any chance?

I don't know what that is, so probably not :)

#11 Andrew D

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland, United States

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 11 June 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

I don't know what that is, so probably not :)

I played the old MUSE based 3056,3058, 3025 then the MPBT 3025. I knew Tarl from the earlier versions. Maybe we ran into each other on the MPBT - I recognized your name and the HK website - new version looks great ;)

#12 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostAndrew D, on 11 June 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

I played the old MUSE based 3056,3058, 3025 then the MPBT 3025. I knew Tarl from the earlier versions. Maybe we ran into each other on the MPBT - I recognized your name and the HK website - new version looks great :)

Ah well I only played MPBT: Solaris, MPBT:3025 and a few Mechwarrior leagues.

#13 Tzayad

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

This sounds like something I'm looking for

#14 Richard Sochin

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationYork, UK

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

My friend is Omdra and I fight by his side.

#15 Quentin Yatoki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 182 posts
  • LocationThe region of Mountain Pears in the land of the Rising Sun.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:09 AM

I could be interested. Unless someone forms a Ryuken or Genyosha unit, I'll consider the Hussars.

#16 Kezran Vrass

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

I would like to put myself forward for the honor of the dragon

#17 Grim Bekker

• Pip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

I am definitely interested in a regiment like this. I'm pushing 30 and definitely prefer to game with people who will communicate and work toward a common goal. Keep me posted on the development of this regiment.

#18 Bootch

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

I think a regiment like this would be wicked, will keep up to date on this thread, 29 year old from texas here and I would prefer and older crowd.

#19 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

So, I suppose it's time to bring this issue up again: The unit name.

Canon unit names are, as we have all known for a little while now, not available. Where does this leave things?

#20 Megaton

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostOmdra, on 11 June 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

surely sounds interesting, though before signing with this or that unit now, I just want to wait and see what option I will be given when fighting for the dragon

rgds

I'm in agreement with Omdra on this one ... and for what it's worth, I'm "very mature" (or immature as my wife would put it).....age: 51

Turbo C, I am amazed at your sim pod.... simply awesome! :D

Edited by Megaton, 20 June 2012 - 04:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users