Looking for mature Kurita players to form DCMS regiment

46 replies to this topic

#21 ZOU

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationNewcastle upon tyne UK

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:29 AM

View PostOmdra, on 11 June 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

surely sounds interesting, though before signing with this or that unit now, I just want to wait and see what option I will be given when fighting for the dragon

rgds

Pretty much how I feel at this point, and if honest more interested in a unit with no canon connections, I did wonder about a yakusa (ghost regiment) might be interesting if someone wanted to start it off. Still open minded but mature gamers are the people I'm looking to jion.

#22 Zhao Shi

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

I have always table topped the 1st "Blood Suckers", however in their absence I am ready to rock as a "Vampire", age 43.

#23 DreadDjinn

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 20 June 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

So, I suppose it's time to bring this issue up again: The unit name.

Canon unit names are, as we have all known for a little while now, not available. Where does this leave things?

Anonymous "ghost" regiment. Thank you Theodore-sama.

#24 Greyjoy

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWolcott - DC

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

I would love to be an addition to the Vampires. I am also eager to see how house units work within the game.

#25 Ricama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

Sounds good, I have no idea how much time I will have to devote to MWO when it comes out but being in an organization will help a lot.

#26 Irreverence

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:32 AM

I know myself and a friend would be interested.

Edited by Irreverence, 27 June 2012 - 06:38 AM.

#27 Erwiin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

Sounds good... and I too am on the wrong end of my 30s!

#28 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

I would be interested as I am almost 40 here.

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 20 June 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

So, I suppose it's time to bring this issue up again: The unit name.

Canon unit names are, as we have all known for a little while now, not available. Where does this leave things?

And if you can't go canon on a name, why not pick a planet and a number and go with that for the time being, The DCMS had a couple hundred planets. And they had plenty of merc units with exclusivity contracts. Maybe something to tie into becoming a house unit later on, as that happened to a lot of merc units being incorporated into houses. Or even just call it the 5th as there were only 4. So it wouldn't be canon that way. You can also make lore for a merc unit such as one formed by the DCMS to carry out it's interest in non wartime environment. Anyhow just some thoughts.

#29 Tenrai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDeep in Davion controlled space aboard the Overlord class dropship Nobara

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

May need to join this group. 44 here... What's the adage about old age and deception winning over youthful exuberance.

#30 SOGNeon

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:41 AM

Sounds like night stalkers might be more appropriate... All us older warriors looking to serve the dragon again… It will depend on what interest SOG (my old gaming squad) shows in getting together for MWO, but if my loyalties to them do not conflict, I am game.

(you might want to consider the night stalkers as a logical unit also given the concept of older players forming a unit... it would be fitting)

I certainly do not mind the idea of not having to teach a bunch of players the game/culture again.

oh and TC... as if you have not heard this a lot lately... I am digging the cockpit.

#31 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

I like the Night Stalker idea. Makes sense and they were given some of the harder task during this period due to thier history. You could use 1st or 5th and higher as they don't exist anymore. The 1st being wiped out during the Ronin wars.

#32 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

Konnichi-wa Senshi
IF you havent already, Visit http://www.housekurita.org
once you settle on a name for your unit, Brewer can set up forums for you
If you already have a website, Brewer can set up a link to you
Bow

Edited by muskrat, 30 June 2012 - 08:27 AM.

#33 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

Glad to see more units forming up. Ask paladin to put a re-direct from the www.housekurita.org site when you get up and running.

Damn you Muskrat, you got in before me :-)

Edited by Lord Ikka, 30 June 2012 - 08:40 AM.

#34 McBagins

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun to me! I am willing to join.

#35 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Konnichi-wa Lord Ikka (Bow)

Just goes to show you Great Minds think alike :)

and we are both trying to keep Brewer busy

Edited by muskrat, 30 June 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#36 SOGNeon

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

Sealawyer the 1st nightstalker would constitute cannon as well... (Destroyed, but cannon, none the less) I find no reference to a 4th Nightstalkers (which is why I used them for my lance name in a cheesy battletech app on facebook a year or two ago.) as the hussars likewise have cannon through 4th, “5th hussars regiment” should be a viable option to dodge the cannon restrictions as well. I noticed the unit that brewer is advertising is the “9th sword of the dragon”, a clear “sword of light” parody, which would indicate that it should be fine to tweak a cannon unit name slightly to come up with a new unit.

I found my DCFM earlier, and have been going through and correcting memory gaps in some thoughts I have had for RP aspects of the game. Including RP veteran status of past wars based on previous MW game incarnations played… (Something that is likely to be of interest to a group recruiting older players who likely have been around a while.) As well as according status to founder members according to their level, and a few other topics… not sure how much interest there is likely to be among the players at large, or even if the devs had the forethought to build it into the game to allow for such things as friendly fire training missions… but we shall see.

For the record, the suggestion of a nightstalker regiment as opposed to a hussar regiment is in no way intended to hijack TC’s idea of forming a unit of mature players. It sounds like the group has potential regardless of it’s name.

Another thought if they DO allow friendly fire training missions, and the unit takes a hussars theme, we might set up UP as a training program. The hussars and the university where hand in hand..

TC, since cannon is restricted, if you where to go with a hussars theme, 5th should work, but we would need a new “blood” theme for the name, as well as ideas for unit colors variation as we know each mech will bear blue, green, and silver, and will have both the kurita crest, and the blood limpet crest on the mech. We do know the colors for the 1st and 3rd… 2nd and 4th I have found no references to online or in cannon books (in my possession) we also know that UP colors are purple and gold… what I do not know is to what degree we will be permitted to customize our “paint”… if at the low end we are aloud a faction badge and a unit badge, my recommendation for the badge would simply be a single blood limpet in on a silver background patch… on the high end, a blue base with green trim (hexagon pattern on the torso) silver stripes, and blood limpets covering the right arm, while the kurita crest appears twice on the front torso and in a single large kurita crest on the back.

I am afraid I am coming up blank on a blood sucking theme that sounds good without being overdone. I could only think of a couple

Leach: (yes it is a blood sucker, but has been so heavily linked to being a burden on society that I am not sure it would have the same tough moniker the other hussars share)

Nosferatu: (the silent film version of Dracula so named from what I have read because someone could not secure licensing rights to the Dracula name… still it is in truth li’l more than a parody of the vampire name)

Phlebotomists: (o.k. this one is purely a joke… do not take it seriously<G>)

Edited by SOGNeon, 30 June 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#37 Malfeas

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

View PostTurbo Corvair, on 15 April 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

The 2nd Proserpina Hussars are mentioned only once and very vaguely in canon materials, but there is no detailed information available- not even the names of any of the officers in charge of the unit.

The "Proserpina Hussars" are loyal (even fanatical) followers of the dragon, and they are considered the elite of the floating DCMS units.

Actually the 2nd and 3rd were nearly destroyed during the clan invasions. The Duke of Robinson led an unauthorised invasion of the Draconis Combine. The Robinson Regulars held Prosperina for about 1.5 years before the DCMS was able to push them back out.

Beyond that I would be very interested in joining the 3rd Prosperina Hussars - The Vampires

#38 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

You could always use remora or lamprey for blood-suckers.

#39 Hunson Abadeer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

I'm pushing 30.

If you're still pondering names, I had considered Ikko-Ikki, who were religious fanatics in feudal Japan. I pieced together the picture below one afternoon when I was bored. The text is a prayer.

Posted Image

#40 Drakich

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

The Hussars have been my favorite unit since I started playing battletech and it is my honor to stand with them in service to the Dragon. Let's show MWO what one of the oldest units in Combine history is made of.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users