#22 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostZylo, on 16 April 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Equipment cost could really put a stop to this sort of problem. A massive repair bill would stop people from doing the whole TK thing although I admit I do also like the WoT solution to TK'ers where their icon turns blue and anyone on the same team can kill that player without penalty. Since these players tend to be the impatient type as well a far harder exp/c-bill/faction grind would help steer the ez-mode players away from the clans.

You know, you make a good point. Never played WoT, doubt I will either, but I love the TK idea. As for hard grinds for xp/cbill/faction I am all for it. FFXI taught me grind fu! Heck, I am willing to grind twice as long to move up as a clanner if need be, just so those IS dogs can stop yelping when my Timberwolf or Direwolf swat them on the nose. XD

#23 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostZylo, on 16 April 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Equipment cost could really put a stop to this sort of problem. A massive repair bill would stop people from doing the whole TK thing although I admit I do also like the WoT solution to TK'ers where their icon turns blue and anyone on the same team can kill that player without penalty. Since these players tend to be the impatient type as well a far harder exp/c-bill/faction grind would help steer the ez-mode players away from the clans.

The Clan warrior caste doesn't really use money, only merchant caste does to make trade with other Clans easier.

View PostKarl Streiger, on 16 April 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

Without ComStar those Clan Wanabes wouldn't have hade the intel to know what force they face - their looses would have been terrible.
Clan Wolf would have smaked without "IS" Warriors like Phelan or after retireremnt Nat Kerensky - don't say she is clan - a life in the IS turns everybody into IS

Well, Focht gave the IS a fighting chance, but his actions eventually led to the Comstar/WoB split and later the Jihad, so it was a mixed blessing.

Clan Wolf has always had a history of adapting to the situation, it is the reason why Wolf's Dragoons adapted so well to IS life. Natasha Kerensky is pretty much the ultimate Warden.

#24 Woodstock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Hello

I have read all the books and I'm pretty up on the clans and IS and... I have to say ... the clans are such an artificial culture. The styles of it all it so ... meh.

The only thing clan that I will touch is their weapons and heat sinks. And only then if I can salvage them.

#25 Major Havoc

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationWestern U.S.A.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Inner sphere, House Steiner all the way.

#26 Cauldron Borrn

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

For myself, I cannot align myself with any Inner Sphere house, therefore I would choose the periphery if it became an option

Edited by Cauldron Borrn, 16 April 2012 - 10:00 PM.

#27 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

View Postwoodstock, on 16 April 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

Hello

I have read all the books and I'm pretty up on the clans and IS and... I have to say ... the clans are such an artificial culture. The styles of it all it so ... meh.

The only thing clan that I will touch is their weapons and heat sinks. And only then if I can salvage them.

If you think about it, the InnerSphere (at least the Successor Houses) are pretty artificial too. I mean Medival-style feaudal houses constantly vying for control over each other? What is this the 13th or 31st century here?

#28 Motionless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 450 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

View PostTaelon Zero, on 16 April 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

umm... Jade Falcon

Really? I thought you might go for Jade Fakon.

View Postpursang, on 16 April 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

If you think about it, the InnerSphere (at least the Successor Houses) are pretty artificial too. I mean Medival-style feaudal houses constantly vying for control over each other? What is this the 13th or 31st century here?

Turns out the battletech's origins is a single typo that inflated itself into an entire fictional world.

#29 Panzer Meyer

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSitting down, facing front...

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Mercs... Always mercs... Forever mercs... Will kill for a buck-and-a-half...

#30 Thomas Oreland

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

I've always gravitated towards the mercs. I dislike the political games the houses play. The closest to a soft spot I have for a house is Marik and thats only because I had a gaming folder given to me with their crest on it!

The followers of Kerensky while I respect the screw you idiots exodus idea. It's pretty much abandoning ship taking all the boats and leaving the captain, some crew, and the passengers to sink. Then your going to comeback and takeover saying it's for the greater good? Neg
It's no wonder they are obsessed with honor. Their ancestors abandoned their military services, went awol, stole military equipment, and broke every sworn oath a soldier takes to serve in a military.

As far as playing MWO Clans are interesting but the turnoff for me is it's close to the pay to win concept.

Happy Hunting!

#31 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

I am rather bored playing as the Clans, so I will be sticking with the Inner Sphere and the Capellan Confederation, in particular.

However, if there was a game in which Clan Snow Raven starred, then I would certainly take up arms for the Ravens. Enough of the Wolves and Falcons. They have had their day. Bring in someone new!

(I am really glad no one saw that faux pas or I should be expecting execution any minute!)

Edited by Tifalia, 16 April 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#32 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Draconis Combine. Hell, I'm old and grumpy, so I'm gonna try to stick with 3025 tech for as long as possible. Darn kids with their newfangled, shiny, right-off-the-assemblyline mechs. A proper mech is a patchwork of repairs after centuries of service in the hands of several generations of mechwarriors, dagnabbit! Now, get off my lawn with your ER lasers and XL engines and loud music! ^_^

#33 Magnus Abtakha

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

For the Clansit is Clan Ghost Bear if it is IS it will be Federated Suns and House Davion

#34 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

DCMS all the way back to TT.

Nothing quite like the BattleMaster going "How did you just win that?" after introducing a CSJ Trinary to LAM quick strike tactics whittling them away to nothing.

#35 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Clan Smoke Jaguar

#36 Semyon Drakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

I would play Clan Jade falcon for preference. Played them in TT, played them in the Mechwarrior games given half a chance. Write a lot of fan fiction about them.

They are such a rich and integral part of the Canon they really need to be available for play.

Semyon

#37 Beaker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationPreston, UK

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Well the clans ARE on their way, if not already here at this point. Have we had a newsflash about The 2nd Kell Hounds and Phelan Kell going missing on The Rock?

#38 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 16 April 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

Your timeline may be right, but who knows how they will bump the years on us. I agree if they stay on the 1 day IRL is 1 day in MWO then, ya, 2015. But, I have this feeling that depending on reception and how the game is floating, things may change.

its already set in stone that the game is 1 day 1 day, no skips. dev blogs ftw.

View PostBeaker, on 17 April 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

Well the clans ARE on their way, if not already here at this point. Have we had a newsflash about The 2nd Kell Hounds and Phelan Kell going missing on The Rock?

on their way, not actually in the inner sphere till 2015 aka 3052. periphery systems not in the great houses = not the inner sphere.

mwo = inner sphere.

so enjoy waiting for the clans!

View PostPanzer Meyer, on 16 April 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Mercs... Always mercs... Forever mercs... Will kill for a buck-and-a-half...

ill kill ya for free merc scum

#39 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

View PostLordDeathStrike, on 17 April 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

its already set in stone that the game is 1 day 1 day, no skips. dev blogs ftw.

on their way, not actually in the inner sphere till 2015 aka 3052. periphery systems not in the great houses = not the inner sphere.

Wrong, the Clans will invade the IS in March next year.

Read this to get up to speed on the actual events and dates:
http://bg.battletech...iverseGuide.pdf

#40 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostLordDeathStrike, on 17 April 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

mwo = inner sphere.

so enjoy waiting for the clans!

Which is why in early 3050 (2013) Clan Jade Falcon is attacking the Federated Commonwealth, first in March, then a second wave in May, then a couple more times after that and fullscale Clan invasion starts a year after that in November of 3051 (2014). For now I agree with you MWO is Inner Sphere but be sure the clans are coming and they will be comming in less then a year after release, whether or not they will be playable early on in the Clan Invasion is another story altogether though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users