Would you play as Clan or IS?

196 replies to this topic

#41 Turbo Corvair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationLake Ariel, PA

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

View Postmwhighlander, on 16 April 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

And I would choose House Kurita, every time.

Agreed! No clans for me.

#42 JaRoo

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

Clan Wolf or Federated Suns - the final choice is unknown, but as others have said no Clans at the start so FS

#43 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

Nice, a lot of potential Wolf player to fill out the ranks...

#44 Storm McIntyre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

I'm a mercenary. Have been since day one, and will always be. "No Mech too big, No fee to high!"

#45 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 17 April 2012 - 02:48 AM, said:

Nice, a lot of potential Wolf player to fill out the ranks...

Yep a lot of potential targets.

#46 LordDeathStrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

View PostStorm McIntyre, on 17 April 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

I'm a mercenary. Have been since day one, and will always be. "No Mech too big, No fee to high!"

more like "no mech too shot up, no job too underpaying!"

hehe inner sphere doesnt pay you enough to die for them till post clan invasion hostilities kick up to a raor (3052 after the year of truce comstar gets us at the end of 3050 when the clans finally get to the IS)

#47 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

If I'd be forced to chose a Clan, it would either be the Hell's Horses or the Goliath Scorpions.

#48 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

View PostLordDeathStrike, on 17 April 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

more like "no mech too shot up, no job too underpaying!"

hehe inner sphere doesnt pay you enough to die for them till post clan invasion hostilities kick up to a raor (3052 after the year of truce comstar gets us at the end of 3050 when the clans finally get to the IS)

That must be why there are so many mercenary companies during this time period, right? ^_^

#49 Alex Bruney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

With pleasure would play for a clan of wolves in exile, and so for the internal sphere.

#50 Fomorian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 267 posts
  • LocationAshburn Virginia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

Davion all the way.....no clans for me.

#51 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

View PostAlex Bruney, on 17 April 2012 - 03:40 AM, said:

With pleasure would play for a clan of wolves in exile, and so for the internal sphere.

Clan Munchkin? Not before '57 - maybe you should join the Kell Hounds before or you go for clan wolf---in this case see you on Tamar

#52 Sylow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

Why have one enemy if you can be hated by all?

Posted Image

I just got to see how to pass the time till May 3052 and wonder what action ComStar could see before beating the clanners down. ^_^

#53 Hangfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 204 posts
  • LocationToon of honest men and bonnie lassies

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

I'm a pirate at heart, but if the unit I game with goes IS, I go IS,, if they go Clan, I go Clan,, To me, although I enjoy the canon, it's not the be-all/end-all to playing a game,, it's about the folk in your team and the kicks you all have together.

#54 Cutsman

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

Federated Suns or Wolf-in-Exile... not a fan of the crusader Wolves.

#55 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

IS. I'm not Anti-Clan, but I don't like to be munchie when I play my games and being clan feels to me like being munchie. Half the challenge to me is talking on long odds and really challenging myself. I think as the universe progresses towards the Jihad the playing field levels off, but in 3050 when the Clans really makes themselves felt in the IS, they are a steam rollers because of their superior tech and etc.

To me there is no real consistent fun being a steam roller who can have less skill to accomplish a goal because of tech advantage.

#56 HereticTLL

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationThe VIP area, Marauder 'ills, Galatea

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

View PostThomas Oreland, on 16 April 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

*SNIP*

The followers of Kerensky while I respect the screw you idiots exodus idea. It's pretty much abandoning ship taking all the boats and leaving the captain, some crew, and the passengers to sink. Then your going to comeback and takeover saying it's for the greater good? Neg
It's no wonder they are obsessed with honor. Their ancestors abandoned their military services, went awol, stole military equipment, and broke every sworn oath a soldier takes to serve in a military.
*SNIP*

QFT. The Clanners are the descendants of a megalomaniac who, when he could no longer play at being Star Lord decided to take the ball, goalposts and everyones kit and go home. He instigated a mass desertion of millions of SLDF personnel, and took the Terran Hegemonys military forces off to start his new utopia in the deep periphery. The result of Kerenskys actions was the 1st Succession War, an inevitable land-grab to take the now defenceless Hegemony worlds (at that time the most advanced and populous worlds in known space)...that land grab resulted in escalations and invasions, orbital bombardments and the full barbarity of total-war between the House Lords.....for the Terran Hegemony worlds it led to wholes-cale genocide of their systems....we Mechwarriors know these worlds as the "Chaos March" nowadays for that reason.

Kerensky and his followers were deserters, responsible for the deaths of a 100 billion civilians in their care when they deserted their oath to protect the Hegemonys peoples (only Terra itself avoided the cataclysm due to ComStars army...itself a fraction of the SLDFs numbers......providing an effective deterrent to even the most rabid of House Lords Armies (the Houses were no where near as militarised or as advanced as the SLDF and ComStar, but they were the propaganda Kerensky used to convince others to abandon their honour and join his ego-crusade, his "exodus"). Had Kerensky stayed then the SLDF deterrent would have saved the Hegemony worlds, but as he ran his people died.

So as to his children 300 years later? Death Cultists stepping on civilians necks, trained in sociopathy, and measuring their worth in their love-poetry for a long dead megalomaniac? No I doubt I'll ever want to be one, I value individual freedoms too much to ever enjoy my own at the forced servitude of another 20 "lesser caste" people.

The Inner Sphere is a big place, big enough for Cowboys and Aristocrats and everyone in between to all get along, social advancement is not fixed at birth as a rule, and any man worth his salt can make a better future for himself/herself through the application of hard labour and good luck. Sure the Sphere is shattered (again thanks largely to Kerenskys crimes), but at least we are born free, and not as a cog in some communistic wheel that pre-destines us as peasant, liberal elite or dog soldier from birth based on our Genetic code.

Let the munchkins go to the clans (I'm sure they will as they always have done); let the adults enjoy playing on the IS without them while delivering the whooping (as happened in every BTU planetary league run: shiney toy is not greater than many more not-so-shiny toys). IS all the way.

#57 ResidentCrow

• PipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

Jade Falcon, without a doubt! Nothing else.

#58 SideSt3p

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 484 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

I'm hoping to go the Merc route. Otherwise Steiner. ^_^

#59 Andrew Sarchus

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

View PostFACEman Peck, on 16 April 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

IS. They won. 'Nuff said.

The ONLY reason they won is the IS fought without honor. When a clan would challenge an IS world through the rite of possession; the IS leaders would lie claiming they had fewer mechs than they actually had. Example: "We have one company of light mechs" (not mentioning the medium,heavy,and/or assault mechs they have buried under debris powered down around those light mechs) so yes the IS had a lot of early victories. But then the clans quickly grew wise to the IS's dishonorable ways and started mowing over worlds throughout the IS. Were it not for COMSTAR's timely intervention (which was planned by them so they could control the WHOLE Inner Sphere... after all they were playing both sides against each other during the whole conflict; for their own profit I might add.) the entire IS would have been overrun. But COMSTAR had to stop the invasion or there would be no IS for them to rule; which was all part of the plan. To that end I choose neither IS or Clan. I AM A MERC.

Although if I am forced to pick an IS house I'd say Marik or FRR. If I Have to choose between IS or Clan I might go clan Wolf or GhostBear but would really like the option to go MERC

Edited by Andrew Sarchus, 17 April 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#60 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

The dead can't buy anything from honor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users