Friends And Family Beta Is A Go

423 replies to this topic

#261 AlanEsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

View PostSuckyJack, on 23 April 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

American beer is like sweet love in a canoe.

It's ****ing close to water.

Someone hasn't been to the US in a while. Or they haven't put anything but Budweiser and Miller to their lips :)

#262 HatchetKlown

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

View PostAngelicon, on 25 April 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

Someone hasn't been to the US in a while. Or they haven't put anything but Budweiser and Miller to their lips Posted Image

Someone hasn't tried the finer American Microbrews. I'll just name a few made/available locally that I'd recommend.

Victory BC. Golden Monkey
Victory BC. Hop Devil
Stone BC. Arrogant Bast*ard
Dogfish Head 60/90/120 IPA's.
Troegs Hopback
Troegs Dead Reckoning.

Highly suggest trying any of the above before you knock American beer. :P

Edited by HatchetKlown, 25 April 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#263 wwiiogre

• 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

With the release of the Raven as mech 9, it is clearly visible now that the unknown mech on all those screens appears to be a Raven, just compared canopy/cockpit glass on raven to what is seen on the monitor in the first pic on page one here. Seems to be a raven.

Chris

#264 Vectoron The Black Minister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

I was about 7 or 8 when i was playing Mechwarrior 2, i used to love that one alot and as you can imagine it sent my little head crazy with excitement. I played Mechwarrior 3 and 4 and the Mech Assaults (which hardly counted as a mechwarrior game imo) and well i got sad when i thought this entire genre of gaming stopped being produced. Im very happy to see that some one picked up with it and were getting some of pulse racing battletech action again! See you guys there and thank you developers, your my heroes! :rolleyes:

#265 Hardcover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

*fires up graphics program and looks for mythical CSI "enhancement" filter*

#266 SFPerkele

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

Looking good there! A while a go I had to install MW4Mercs on my PC and play it through again, got some new kicks out of it since I've got new Saitek sticks to control my mech. Really looking forward to this! Can't wait...

#267 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

View Postwwiiogre, on 25 April 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

With the release of the Raven as mech 9, it is clearly visible now that the unknown mech on all those screens appears to be a Raven, just compared canopy/cockpit glass on raven to what is seen on the monitor in the first pic on page one here. Seems to be a raven.

Chris

I'm still pretty sure it's the Jenner, judging by what appears to be a group of 4 weapons, and a single weapon on its lonesome. This representing the 4 medium lasers and SRMs that the Jenner carries.

#268 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

Russ Bullock ‏ @russ_bullock
If your friends haven't registered yet now is the time for them to do so if they want to get in on Beta...again more on that soon.

Russ Bullock ‏ @russ_bullock
Alright sorry for the delay...but check out this post and keep your eyes out for future beta announcements.

Garth..

Could someone please let us know what PGI defines as Soon™

Just Curious is all.. not impatient in the least.. Nope.. not going to wildly speculate about Betas or anything..

Spoiler

Edited by Chuckie, 26 April 2012 - 06:37 AM.

#269 Featherhorse Ravenwater

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

The missing Joysticks scare me... :D

<S> Fethr

#270 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

I'll be happy as long as they include an option to toggle automatic auto-center to torso.

#271 Kelcon

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

I remember playing Mechwarrior 1 when I was a kid... I gotta get into beta lol

#272 Alexandr Britten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationElizabethtown, PA - USA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Just a suggestion, you might want to check out Path of Exiles' business model (www.pathofexile.com)... allow beta access for a fee, along with some other perks depending on the amount (from $10 for beta access only up to $1000 for serious lewt). Nothing that would give any advantage. I think this is how your business model will work after beta, but I think I can speak for almost anyone here, we'd be willing to pony up some cash for early beta access (and some swag), plus to help to make it better.

#273 chungus maximus

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

My head is about to buckle under the stress for waiting for this game. Just a beta would satiate my hunger for now. Please guys? :blink:

#274 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 690 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

Hey all I just found out about this game tonight. I'm an avid Mechwarrior fan and want to jump on this. Where do you go to sign up for the open beta? I would have made a new thread but it says I cant :blink:.

#275 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostRamrod AI, on 26 April 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

Hey all I just found out about this game tonight. I'm an avid Mechwarrior fan and want to jump on this. Where do you go to sign up for the open beta? I would have made a new thread but it says I cant :P.

You're already signed up for it. We don't know exactly when it starts up, but PGI has assured us it will be some time soon™.

I would guess within the next two to three months.

:blink:

Edited by pursang, 27 April 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#276 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

View Postwwiiogre, on 25 April 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

I'm with Dihm on this; still looks like a Jenner to me. I had a look through all of the Raven record sheets & none of them have 4 arm-weapons & only 1 chest-gun. Now it could be a massive mech-lab rebuild, but I don't see where the extra hardpoints came from. It's much more likely to be a Jenner. The weapon layout matches the Jenner-7D, & we know that the Jenner has featured prominently in testing already.

#277 Styo

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

Looks awesome! Cannot wait until it's released.

#278 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

So...if I were to marry the sister, daughter, mother, *insert random female relation here* of a developer that means I can participate in the "Friends and Family Beta", as I would then be family...

Muahaha, time to visit the US. :blink:

Edited by Vodkavaiator, 27 April 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#279 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

View PostFeatherhorse Ravenwater, on 26 April 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

The missing Joysticks scare me... :blink:

<S> Fethr

this.. for many here. JS IS MEchwarrior.

#280 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostVodkavaiator, on 27 April 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

So...if I were to marry the sister, daughter, mother, *insert random female relation here* of a developer that means I can participate in the "Friends and Family Beta", as I would then be family...

Muahaha, time to visit the US. ;)

You mean Canada, don't you? ;)

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users