Friends And Family Beta Is A Go

423 replies to this topic

#281 Jens79

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

hello i need help !! ;)
i want to play the new beat but i get this message when i will install the beta:
"Could not find Crysis.exe in ..... folder. Mechwarrior : Living Legends must be installed to a valid Crysis Installation directory. Install will now abort."

Mean it i need Crysis wars?

thanks for help and i hope i´m right here :)

#282 TE5LA

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostSilent, on 17 April 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Maybe those who managed to sign up first.

<---- Whatup member 554

It'll probably be random or something.

These are accurate? I signed up a week after you and I'm 20,600.

#283 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostSoviet Alex, on 27 April 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

I'm with Dihm on this; still looks like a Jenner to me. I had a look through all of the Raven record sheets & none of them have 4 arm-weapons & only 1 chest-gun. Now it could be a massive mech-lab rebuild, but I don't see where the extra hardpoints came from. It's much more likely to be a Jenner. The weapon layout matches the Jenner-7D, & we know that the Jenner has featured prominently in testing already.

Agreed. Jenner, IMHO.

Cheers.

#284 Ronnoc Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

The lack of joystick is frightening, however I look forward to playing with both mouse and keyboard and joystick and seeing which I like better

#285 Zitheral

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationCSV - Perigard Zalman, BT3056

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

It has been a long time... I can't wait.

#286 MechaKitsune

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

Wooo! I am so envious of you all as I watch this clip, but I am also excited as MWO gets closer and closer.

Keep up the great work you guys! See you on the field soon.

#287 Dark Fact

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Looks like you all had a lot of fun. ;) I'm glad to hear the closed beta will be launched in the near future. The community will go totally crazy. :)

#288 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostJens79, on 28 April 2012 - 04:54 AM, said:

hello i need help !! ;)
i want to play the new beat but i get this message when i will install the beta:
"Could not find Crysis.exe in ..... folder. Mechwarrior : Living Legends must be installed to a valid Crysis Installation directory. Install will now abort."

I never played MW:LL, so I cannot help you, but it is not the beta of the game. :)

#289 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostJens79, on 28 April 2012 - 04:54 AM, said:

hello i need help !! ;)

Jens,

Go to www.mechlivinglegends.net. Then go to the MWLL Wiki and read how to install the MWLL Mod.

Yes you do need a valid copy of Crysis Wars to play the MWLL Mod.

Good Luck.

#290 Wizard LoPan

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

Is there a way to get in on the coming "open beta" in Summer? Is it too late to sign up for that, or will an offer be forthcoming?

#291 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostWizard LoPan, on 29 April 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Is there a way to get in on the coming "open beta" in Summer? Is it too late to sign up for that, or will an offer be forthcoming?

You are in luck, you have ALREADY signed up for the Open Beta. From the sounds of the Devs, Open Beta is simply just a sign up. It is open, beta. Exciting, quiaff?

#292 ArcaneIce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

I've played every single Mechwarrior game since the first one and I'd been hoping for years that somebody would pick up the series again. And tonight I randomly saw MW:O on a show and almost lost it. I'm beyond excited, just wish I had known about this earlier. Can't wait to play to play with my new custom built pc and joystick! Thanks for all the hard work guys!

#293 Einsteinium

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Congrats guys. Can't wait to see more news related to the closed beta!

#294 Inappropriate359

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostArcaneIce, on 29 April 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

I'm beyond excited, just wish I had known about this earlier.

No, you don't. Just would've made the wait longer and harder.

#295 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

@jesus so true...i signed up in november or end of october...such a long time to wait...luckily i found a kick arse group of guys to run with.

#296 Badankis

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Feedback: I know you are in developement so I wouldn't be surprised if the team already has this under future developement but if this is going to remain browser based please make sure the window is not actually in a window's window.

#297 pursang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostBadankis, on 30 April 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Feedback: I know you are in developement so I wouldn't be surprised if the team already has this under future developement but if this is going to remain browser based please make sure the window is not actually in a window's window.

Posted Image

#298 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostBadankis, on 30 April 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Just to let you know, you are on the wrong forums. You want the Mech Warrior Tactics forum for the browser based game. MWO will be a direct download that you install onto your computer, it's not going to be browser based.

#299 ArcaneIce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

View Postjesus, on 30 April 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

No, you don't. Just would've made the wait longer and harder.

Haha very good point, the wait is killing me already. Trying to think about if I should join a house or not, or stick to lone wolf later on.

#300 Highlord

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:07 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 17 April 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Hey guys,

A lot of you have been asking about the beta: when it’s happening, what’s happening, etc. So I’m here to let you guys know that we’re two weeks into our Friends and Family beta, and it’s been going great. We’ve had a few patches go through, lots of playtests, and frankly a tonne of fun. The first time I saw the MECHWARRIOR ONLINE logo on a patcher, I got tingles.

Posted Image

Intense battles rage across the PGI studios

This was taken during one of our Friday playtests. I was just to the left on the above image (yes, the very same day I got a thumbs up from Russ) and we had people rotating in and out of the games, with most of the studio playing at one point or another. We did a variety of games, from 1v1 and up, and there was a heck of a lot of shouting and laughing and taunting.

What does this mean for you guys? First, as you can see here:

...the game is working and working well. We had games going with members of IGP as well, and there was a great faux-rivalry going between the two companies Posted Image Secondly, that means the next step is closed beta. We’re not quite there yet, but we’re not too far off either.

We will let you guys know the second anything closed-beta related happens. You won’t find out from a random forum post, I can assure you of that Posted Image So please, stay tuned, and as always, we’re so thrilled that each and every one of you are here, and very proud of our loyal, loud, hilarious, dedicated, amazing fan base.

Cheers,
Garth

So any type of release date? I cannot find anything on that.....

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users