Battlemech 18 - Blackjack

440 replies to this topic

#401 Shumabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostNgamok, on 15 May 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

I've seen the YLW get to 900 recently. Also, the zombie Centurion on River City like 2 weeks ago, maybe 3, it's been some time, got close to 900 as well. Granted it's not almost 1300.

You live in a magical world populated by YLWs that do above 100 damage. I live in the highlander hellscape where even the very air you breathe is carrying 3-5 PPCs. I don't want to invoke elo (especially since mine is usually just pulled up by the people I group with), but it's exceptionally unlikely that the games current top end meta would allow a YLW to reach damage numbers even remotely that high. That's it's entire ballistic load + several minutes of lasers firing without being killed.

Edited by Shumabot, 15 May 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#402 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostSennin, on 15 May 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

I guess on the brighter side of things you can always load up the 1X with 8 flamers and LOL people to death while you run around them at 132kph. :(

The best part is that the flamers are all coming out of discrete firing points on the mech, unlike the hunch or awesome. An 8 flamer blackjack would be a wall of fire with 8 separate weapon effects non overlapping.

#403 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostShumabot, on 15 May 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

The best part is that the flamers are all coming out of discrete firing points on the mech, unlike the hunch or awesome. An 8 flamer blackjack would be a wall of fire with 8 separate weapon effects non overlapping.

I was just thinking on this a bit myself. In theory, this setup could be a huge distraction and viable harasser. With the current game boating so many energy weapons, 8 flamers could add 16% heat to a 'Mech in one shot and possibly shut down a 'Mech or keep it in that state temporarily and with so many flamers you could definitely keep an opponent blind while your allies pummel it to death. We'll see, at a minimum it will be good for laughs in the first few matches.

#404 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostSeth, on 14 May 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

I carries four mediums lasers in the arms and four flamers in the side torsos. It has a stock 255 engine. So we know it will have 8 energy hardpoints and have a max speed of 119kph before speed tweak.

Wrong. It carries 2 flamers and 1 medium laser in each arm and 1 medium laser in each side torso.

#405 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostSennin, on 15 May 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

I was just thinking on this a bit myself. In theory, this setup could be a huge distraction and viable harasser. With the current game boating so many energy weapons, 8 flamers could add 16% heat to a 'Mech in one shot and possibly shut down a 'Mech or keep it in that state temporarily and with so many flamers you could definitely keep an opponent blind while your allies pummel it to death. We'll see, at a minimum it will be good for laughs in the first few matches.

A good laugh is the best it could possibly be with the current implementation of flamers, but it would be a damn good laugh.

#406 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

Word.
Blackjack for the brothers.
Say what!

#407 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostShumabot, on 15 May 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

A good laugh is the best it could possibly be with the current implementation of flamers, but it would be a damn good laugh.

I took out a HBK-4P once with 8 Flamers for laughs. I over heat way too fast. I even painted it Amaranth (hot pink color) for fun too.

#408 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

The Blackjack doesn't get the 4xSSRM2? Nooooo

#409 RapierE01

• 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

You really think you can put 3 PPC per Arm in this Mech? 6 PPC have a weight of 42 Tons.... and the Mechs weight is 45... so you have a Gunturrent without engine and Heatsinks ;)

#410 Naotaka

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

I've been checking the pictures and it very much looks like the lasers will show up as little circles on the arms. What a shame. I like mine with barrels !

Just like the Raven, please.

Now it just feels like you have a nightlight to ward off the evil monster under your bed.

#411 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

View PostNaotaka, on 15 May 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

I've been checking the pictures and it very much looks like the lasers will show up as little circles on the arms. What a shame. I like mine with barrels !
(...)

Not necessarily, they already have dynamic mesh model of 'barreled' laser (Highlander 733-P's right arm), it will probably depend on the loadout of whole arm.

For example: 3 medium lasers on BJ-1X- one long barreled on main mount, one on shorter barrel above it, one shorter on side mount

#412 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:10 AM

Interesting Long range support... My little spider is now changing his build to fight them!

#413 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

View Postverybad, on 07 November 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

Lance of these plus Jagermechs should give any Davion Lance enough Dakka to keep them happy. Same speed, but Some Blackjacks have jumping ability.

I'm betting on :
(Base)
The Blackjack carries two Whirlwind-L Autocannon/2s for long range, direct fire support. These autocannons provide excellent reach at the cost of damage capability. For close combat, the Blackjack has four Intek Medium Lasers. These lasers, when combined with the Blackjacks maneuverability (Jumpjets), make the 'Mech very dangerous in an urban setting.

BJ-1DB - The 1DB Blackjack is a variant intended to increase the 'Mech's lethality. The two autocannons have been replaced with two Large Lasers and several heat sinks have been added to the design to handle the extra heat load.

BJ-2 - The BJ-2 upgrade of the Blackjack upgrades the 'Mech with two Diverse Optics Sunbeam ER Large Lasers and four Hovertec Streak SRM-2 launchers. This variant also upgrades the heat sinks to double strength versions.

You would think they'd give us those variants...

I have literally been waiting months for the BJ-2, and they give us some piece of crap 4 flamer BJ which I can't even find on Sarna (it may still exist, but it's odd I can't find it)

#414 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

The BJ-2 isn't in production yet. I believe it's a refit designed and produced later on during the clan invasion. The BJ-1DB is definitely produced but I think they felt it too similar to the BJ-3 as it has the same hard points the only difference is the technology.

What confuses me is why they chose the BJ-1X which was never produced in mass and only a prototype. Maybe just cause they wanted to give us one with 8 energy hard points?

#415 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostButane9000, on 16 May 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

What confuses me is why they chose the BJ-1X which was never produced in mass and only a prototype. Maybe just cause they wanted to give us one with 8 energy hard points?

Well, they've inflated the number of hardpoints on mechs before, sort of like how the Raven 2X has 4 energy, Jagermech DD has 6 ballistic, etc...so that can't be the motivation.

#416 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

The BJ-2 isn't in production yet? What is our current year in game? I thought we were in 3050. The BJ-2 is listed in the 3050 Technical Release, so it should be available. I am curious about this mech a lot. In previous games the 45 ton 55 ton and 75 ton mechs seemed to be the most efficient. None of those designs have been released to MWO yet.

#417 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

The BJ-2 isn't in production yet.

Good call. It's a 3054 field refit.

#418 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostFoxwalker, on 16 May 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

The BJ-2 isn't in production yet? What is our current year in game? I thought we were in 3050. The BJ-2 is listed in the 3050 Technical Release, so it should be available. I am curious about this mech a lot. In previous games the 45 ton 55 ton and 75 ton mechs seemed to be the most efficient. None of those designs have been released to MWO yet.

It's listed in the clan invasion time frame of 3050-3061 but isn't put into production is earnest till 3052-3054.

#419 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

It's more likely that they did it for the engine rating. The standard Blackjack only moves at 64kph and so it's max engine rating is much lower than the 1X which can be used to run somewhere around 130 kph with speed tweak. Causing it to be a HBK-4P on steroids.

(Edit: Variant)

Edited by Sennin, 16 May 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#420 Thepotatomasher

• PipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

stop releasing mechs while you have game breaking balance. you're killing the game with every patch

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users