Armor Changes + Equipement Swap Cause Mech To Not Save %100

v1.0.142

36 replies to this topic

#1 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Armor changes + Equipment (waepons) swap cause mech to not save %100 of the time. Have to exit game come back and redo to make it stick.

#2 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Was making changes to my HBK-4SP in the Mechlab. Upon confirming a 4M CB change, while in the animating from the close in view of the chassis to the backed out view, the animation froze, though the interface still was responsive to mouse activities.

I had to crash the client. Upon logging back in, the chassis is there, however it exists as it did BEFORE the changes I made, even through my 4,000,000 CB is still gone now.

#3 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

have you checked the inventory? ive noticed when a config of mine partialy saves the items i purchased are just placed in the inventory.

#4 Cowbies

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

You don't loose money just the changes you keep the items or get the cash back. It's best to only work on one part at a time then save it. A ball ache but quicker than doing the changes and having to re log in.

#5 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostKodiak Jorgensson, on 08 November 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

have you checked the inventory? ive noticed when a config of mine partialy saves the items i purchased are just placed in the inventory.

^^ that... had it happen once so far to me as well configuring my Founders Cat last week... had to force close, relog and no changes... C-Bills gone... but going back to the Configure screen to redo my changes I found all the items sitting there waiting for me to put back on...

Hopefully, since I've seen this reported over and over in various threads they'll get it sorted soon... Minor bug, but annoying to say the least when it happens...

#6 Warklaw

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

I had nearly an identicle experiance yesterday as well, though I was able to navigate out of the Mechlab to the Home screen. I then reentered the mech lab to find all 10 of my Mech stalls empty. I then closed the application, and on reopening everything (with a big sigh of releif) was back again. The custimization I had made were not saved as explained above... I have to sheepishly say i did not check the money aspect (though I also had not made 4m worth of changes before this happened.

#7 Trex Mauser

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Have experienced while customizing my Mech that when I press save configuration my Mech disappears from Owned Mechs. I cannot get it back or take it into a game as all my mech bay slots show empty. I can go select a trial mech and launch and collect the c-bills but no matter what I do my mech does not reappear until I exit the game and start it again.

#8 MrLiNcH

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

So I was just fooling around in the MechLab when I noticed I was able to buy SHS as well as DHS (btw, I do not have the DHS upgrade purchased on my mech). So I tried purchasing some and putting them on my mech, however, I ran into the problem where my mech disappeared when I tried to purchase them and save changes. Although it still took my c-bills...

Obviously this is a bug where I should not have been able to buy DHS in the first place. Would love a refund for my c-bills wasted into imaginary/unequippable DHS.

On a side note: Why can one not equip SHS and DHS together? Purchasing the upgrade should just allow purchases of DHS for that mech then you can mix and match since it's still limited by slots and tonnage.

PC System Specs
Core i5-2500k
8gb RAM (1600 clock)
NVidia GTX 570

Edited by MrLiNcH, 09 November 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#9 DogmeatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

I've encountered a problem where the mech remains "zoomed in" upon after a loadout change and clicking save/continue. I can't do anything else after this happens, except to close the client and restart (my changes still applied ok though)

#10 DraxisOfWerner

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

Me and 2 buddies all have exactly the same problem, anytime we fit a weapon that we also have to buy to a mech, the client locks up when we confirm. I have also had the client do the same when buying a new mech.

#11 Davies

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

Yep, I'm getting the same issue.

#12 Muffinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

This happens to me and both my mates about 75% of the time we change loadouts. The only solution is to restart the client. I have sent in a ticket and support said it is a known bug.

#13 DraxisOfWerner

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

Also, I just changed the loadout of my mech, and none of the items I had to buy were actually fitted.

#14 Gemeinagent

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Got the same above, but also my mechs were "away", only empty slots remaining. Restart fixed that. Items were bought but not mounted.

Usually, wenn staying "zoomed in" in the mechbay (and the menu items on top not functioning) the "social" button fixes things as well as restarting.

#15 stratobrick

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 14 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHartville OH

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

You must change your loudout (before) you do a battle, after you do a battle you won't be able to save changes to your mech without restarting the game.

#16 Barbaric

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

I have encountered the same issue with remaining 'zoomed in' after a performing the same. Unable to view mechs in mech lab after this happens, but logout and back in resolves.

#17 Covah1606

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

same issue for me, but it does not happen to my founders mech, only my other ones? weird

#18 madkat

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

I can also confirm - had the same issue using a CAT-K2 I purchased with C-bills while I was swapping out PPCs for UAC-5s. It took multiple iterations in and out of the lab to get the items to take, despite hitting the save configuration button. Seemed to be less finicky after a clean boot-up of the game.

Perhaps related, even now (after having the Cat configured and running multiple games with it) I sometimes receive a configuration error dialog when swapping from that mech to an empty bay in the mechlab.

#19 Cmore

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

I've had this bug happen to me a number of times since this patch update.

It seems whenever I save my mech loadout in the mechbay it doesn't save that session of changes to my mech. C-Bills that are spent and weapons purchased are saved, but weapon purchases just get thrown into the inventory even though I've assigned it to a weapon slot.

Anyone else encounter this problem?

#20 Lege

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 365 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Lots of bugs with mechbay right now.
I've had to relog due to freezing and do all changes again almost every time I change something on my mechs.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users