DCMS (not mercs) unit seeking mature players

6 replies to this topic

#1 Turbo Corvair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationLake Ariel, PA

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

This is not a "mercenary" unit recruitment thread, we hope to not have to resort to using the "mercenary" system and will not do so unless the game mechanics force it upon us.

I am seeking warriors (prefer age 21+) to form up the 2nd Proserpina Hussars "Vampires". Forming up under the Hussars gives us a true "canon" identity and lore to base our unit on, while using the 2nd regiment means we don't need to worry about conflicting with known events, identities, etc.

The 2nd Proserpina Hussars are mentioned only once and very vaguely in canon materials, but there is no detailed information available- not even the names of any of the officers in charge of the unit.

The "Proserpina Hussars" are loyal (even fanatical) followers of the dragon, and they are considered the elite of the floating DCMS units.

The idea for this unit is to form up between four and eight lances (one or two companies) to provide House Kurita with a truly organized and stable military unit. Depending on the game systems for loyal "House" players we may either run our unit independent of the game mechanics (i.e. external organization only) while remaining "House" players in the game, or if it is deemed preferable we might have to use the game systems intended for Mercenary units.

Regardless of how we choose to use the systems built into the game the unit will focus on communication, team strategy, and organization.

If there is any interest I'll try to get a website and forum up ASAP.

#2 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

Are you near East stroudsburg Turbo, I live in smithfield

#3 Sakkara

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

I would be interested in talking to you more on this. Played every btech game back to hawks revenge, and maintained a few units in several leagues over the years.

#4 Turbo Corvair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationLake Ariel, PA

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostHawkcrest, on 15 April 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Are you near East stroudsburg Turbo, I live in smithfield

I'm in Greentown, PA, south end of lake wallenpaupack. E. Stroudsburg is close enough to hang out, roughly 45 minutes =)

Sakkara, I'd love your input. I do not want to undertake this project alone. In fact, I'd prefer not to be the leader, at least not alone.

#5 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

Just gonna leave this here if anyone is interested...
Posted Image
(purely conjectural/for fun).

#6 Sakkara

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostTurbo Corvair, on 15 April 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Sakkara, I'd love your input. I do not want to undertake this project alone. In fact, I'd prefer not to be the leader, at least not alone.

Happy to help. I'd recommend those of us interested meet via TS/Vent to discuss, may help to organize it here or by forum IM. I'll defer to you on next steps.

#7 Turbo Corvair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationLake Ariel, PA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hayden thanks for the artwork =) I think I've got my sister (professional graphic designer) lined up to do some of this stuff for us.

Sakkara, I was thinking the same thing but I'm going to hold off another day or two to see if we get any other volunteers and get a forum set up for us to use.

I'll keep you updated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users