136 replies to this topic

#41 Valore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

View PostUraniumOverdose, on 09 November 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

First of all, I pug half of the time, the other half I roll with my old crew from MW3. Please don't assume, it makes you look like Mitt Romney (tsk tsk).

I have seen countless games ruined by exploiters and cheaters. It is my genuine pleasure to ruin their day. They derive pleasure from ruining ours. It's also the type of person in question here. If they feel comfortable having double the team advantage that literally anyone can get now, premade and pug alike, they are likely to be comfortable with other exploitable advantages. Hell, they might even consider just outright hacking.

Also It's also no longer "coincidence" when it happens multiple times. Sorry officer, I coincidently ran over this man 5 times, I swear it was an accident. Give me a break.

That's exactly why people like us look at Jun and you and wonder what you're thinking.

You want to talk about assuming? That's a hilarious piece of hypocricy coming from you. Here's two reasons why.

1. People premade to get away from PUG groups. That's not the same as premaking to intentionally stomp PUGs. The fact you refuse to acknowledge and have this vendetta against premades thinking they are all evil griefers trying to ruin your experience makes it impossible to take either of you seriously.

And then you follow up your little rant about 'assuming' with:

they are likely to be comfortable with other exploitable advantages. Hell, they might even consider just outright hacking.

So I suppose everyone who ran an LRM boat yesterday is a potential hacker who should now be banned? lolwut.

If anything, you're the griefers, who have basically ruined people's experiences by FORCING everyone to play with people they don't want to play with. And then you come here and act holier than thou claiming its people who have been trying to ruin your experience.

Comedy gold.

Edited by Valore, 09 November 2012 - 12:46 AM.

#42 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

First of all, I pug half of the time, the other half I roll with my old crew from MW3. Please don't assume, it makes you look like Mitt Romney (tsk tsk).

I have seen countless games ruined by exploiters and cheaters. It is my genuine pleasure to ruin their day. They derive pleasure from ruining ours. It's also the type of person in question here. If they feel comfortable having double the team advantage that literally anyone can get now, premade and pug alike, they are likely to be comfortable with other exploitable advantages. Hell, they might even consider just outright hacking.

Also It's also no longer "coincidence" when it happens multiple times. Sorry officer, I coincidently ran over this man 5 times, I swear it was an accident. Give me a break.

Overdose...we need to discuss this on TS dude,

I partially agree...but you did not call me a potential hacker...because I tryed to klick "launch" at the same time as my buddys to see what happens?!?

#43 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts
  • LocationBurning hot sphere of pure rage.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostF lan Ker, on 09 November 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

S!

Uranium, if you are sinless PLEASE throw the first stone ;) :) You will only tire yourself out in the holy crusade of "ruining the day" of other players. You will just get a tag on yourself and being a big joke in eyes of many thus adding to your agony. Believe me, seen that happen IRL where people try to be knights in a shiny armor turning into public jokes. Like being the Don Quijote of games fighting windmills of cheating/abuse/whatever.

And once more..this was not kept HIDDEN or anything but posted on this forum where devs could read it without the brown nose brigade spamming their emails :P And BTW this thing works in other games too with similar "success" aka not so often. So kinda old news.

AWWWW the exploiters won't like me.... I AM DEVASTATED. I really do not care. You exploit a game for an advantage, you are my enemy. I have seen too many good games ruined by pond scum exploiters and cheaters. I wouldn't associate with that group anyway, in what world would I care about their opinion of me. In addition, why would I care about the opinion of apologists for the same group?

#44 Enemista

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

you wouldnt write such thing if you ever played with that particular team on that screenshot on page1

#45 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Uhmm...Uranium?

What happend to you? Stomping through the forum - thats not you?!?

Cant you imagine that people WANT us to try everything out? And please, stop calling people names and see hackers behind every corner.

#46 Stoindrae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

I run in "premades" (I dislike that term - I wish we could use "VOIP groups" instead)... spent 60% of my time in 8-man TS3 groups, pre-patch.. the rest of the time I solo pug, or just run 2-4 peeps in TS3 or TBC's Ventrillo.

I don't see ANY reason why you can't run a 4-man VOIP group and be just as successful.... and just fuggen WAIT FOR A COUPLE WEEKS for the 8v8 to be implemented instead of constantly trying to "get it your way, NOW" like a spoiled toddler.

How hard can it be to just .. wait?

#47 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

S!

You might not care but might find yourself in the deep end being abused over and over until you just quit. You get a name out there and those people who REALLY want to ruin game experiences will ruin it for YOU to get the pleasure seeing you foam mouth and trying to crusade against them.

Calling me your enemy, please consider being a stand-up comedian. Please. This is a game. The "abuse of game mechanics" was brought to attention of ALL playing this game if they ever come to the forums, including devs. So what is your problem?

#48 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostCole Allard, on 09 November 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

Uhmm...Uranium?

What happend to you? Stomping through the forum - thats not you?!?

Cant you imagine that people WANT us to try everything out? And please, stop calling people names and see hackers behind every corner.

Perhaps it was losing to two 8 man premades who were gloating about it and laughing. Maybe you guys didn't do this, but I have every right to be pissed. Then I come in this thread and seeing people defend it and make excuses for it "coincedence of clicking launch at same time, hurf durf." I like rolling with some of you guys, but if you guys continue to circumvent the system, then count me out. I also never called anyone a hacker directly, but time and time again has proven that someone who finds no remorse in exploiting, will find no remorse in doing worse. Yeah maybe those two particular games got to me, but to see that kind of crap in a game only in its infancy bugs me to no end.

My question to you boils down to this: Now that PGI are aware of the issue, will you stop exploiting it? Obviously no further testing is needed.

#49 Operant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

I only play in premades. I used to play exclusively in 8-man premades before the change. Now I play exclusively in 4-man premades.

I have a message for the pugs from all people like me: we don't want to play with you. Not with you and not against you. I am guilty of pug stomping but thats because PGI left me no other choice. I'd much rather drop against another premade in 100% of games.

#50 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

Support has already confirmed it is an exploit. Why are people still trying to justify their exploiting?

"Hey officer, i know you said it's a crime, but i totally disagree that it's a crime man...just let me go okay?"

#51 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostOperant, on 09 November 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

I only play in premades. I used to play exclusively in 8-man premades before the change. Now I play exclusively in 4-man premades.

I have a message for the pugs from all people like me: we don't want to play with you. Not with you and not against you. I am guilty of pug stomping but thats because PGI left me no other choice. I'd much rather drop against another premade in 100% of games.

And...now..the sh*t hits the fan...

View PostJun Watarase, on 09 November 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

Support has already confirmed it is an exploit. Why are people still trying to justify their exploiting?

"Hey officer, i know you said it's a crime, but i totally disagree that it's a crime man...just let me go okay?"

link...?

#52 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

View PostCole Allard, on 09 November 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

And...now..the sh*t hits the fan...

link...?

Jun just posted pics of his email with support on page 2 confirming this is considered an exploit.

#53 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Just a quick question directed directly at UraniumOverdose.

What exactly is the exploit/hack or cheat you are reffering to and accusing players of doing in this thread?

Before you start flaming me too, lets get the facts straight. I have never tried this since the macthmaking phase 1 has gone into affect, nore have I run an pure LRM boat in the last few months. So comming out and accusing me of being a hacker, cheater or explioter is pointless.

The way I see it this is not even close to abusing the matchmaker as it is working as intended.
  • Players can no longer make groups of more than 4 players in one group -- Check
  • The matchmaker takes players in groups and solo drops and matches these with other players currently in the waiting pool at the time and matches the weight classes -- Check
  • The groups are randomly generated which makes it impossible for 2 full groups to be consistently on the same side -- Check

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 09 November 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#54 Gies

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

this is nothing new to anyone who played similar games with friendgroup functions like the platoons in world of tanks, however there it was limited to 3 players and with 15players per side chances were high that you had a pretty fair matchmaking in terms of premadeteams on each side, if the tank tier ballance was fair is something completely different though.

However i think PGI will surely go the same way wargaming did in world of tanks in this matter and introduce team and clan battles maybe with limitations like cbill costs or max tonnage making those battles more challanging.

#55 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 09 November 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

What exactly is the exploit/hack or cheat aou are reffering to and accusing players of doing in this thread?

Before you start flaming me too lets get the facts straight. I have never tried this since the macthmaking phase 1 has gone into affect, nore have I run an pure LRM boat since a few months. So comming out and accusing me of being a hacker, cheater or explioter is pointless.

The way I see it this is not even close to abusing the matchmaker as it is working as intended.
  • Players can no longer make groups of more than 4 players in one group -- Check
  • The matchmaker takes players in groups and solo drops and matches these with other players currently in the waiting pool at the time and matches the weight classes -- Check
  • The groups are randomly generated which makes it impossible for 2 full groups to be consistently on the same side -- Check

Another guy that doesn't read the whole thread.

Get this straight. I never called anyone a hacker. I merely made the connection that an exploiter might consider hacking.
Cheating in one way, why not cheat in the other. Reading comprehension will serve you well in the world.

Secondly, look on page two. Jun has a screen grab of an email with support confirming this is an exploit. Doesn't matter if it works 100% of the time, it works some of the time, and when it does it damns a poor pug group to an 8 to 0 slaughter. Which is PRECISELY what PGI was hoping to avoid with the matchmaking fix.

So again, I ask you people, now that PGI has literally CONFIRMED the status of this as an exploit. Will you quit doing it?

#56 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

View PostRushin Roulette, on 09 November 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

What exactly is the exploit/hack or cheat aou are reffering to and accusing players of doing in this thread?

Before you start flaming me too lets get the facts straight. I have never tried this since the macthmaking phase 1 has gone into affect, nore have I run an pure LRM boat since a few months. So comming out and accusing me of being a hacker, cheater or explioter is pointless.

I am checking if that is right...

If there is an official statment on this, its not up to you to question Overdose...he has a point.

View PostUraniumOverdose, on 09 November 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

Perhaps it was losing to two 8 man premades who were gloating about it and laughing. Maybe you guys didn't do this, but I have every right to be pissed. Then I come in this thread and seeing people defend it and make excuses for it "coincedence of clicking launch at same time, hurf durf." I like rolling with some of you guys, but if you guys continue to circumvent the system, then count me out. I also never called anyone a hacker directly, but time and time again has proven that someone who finds no remorse in exploiting, will find no remorse in doing worse. Yeah maybe those two particular games got to me, but to see that kind of crap in a game only in its infancy bugs me to no end.

My question to you boils down to this: Now that PGI are aware of the issue, will you stop exploiting it? Obviously no further testing is needed.

Aoooouch...ok..I understand...

no I did not...and no I did not read tht official post yet (thanks for the header).

And no, we played in a 4 man team yesterday evening...Scius, Zero and speedy...ask them, we were working on teamplay.

Before patch, when I came home, the group was full and I cklicked launch on same time as they did...I was the first in my team to go "poof" (thannks scius) and it was a good short laugh. Nothing that will happen again.

Thank you Overdose to put this clear !

#57 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

View PostUraniumOverdose, on 09 November 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

Jun just posted pics of his email with support on page 2 confirming this is considered an exploit.

Actually the way the answer was worded, this is, PGI have neither accepted nor denied this as an exploit. The only one calling it an exploit in that Email is you Jin. Support just confirmed that exploits in general are never accepted without calling this particular matchmaking possibility an exploit.

EDIT Corrected a typo. The email was not from you, but from a different user.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 09 November 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#58 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostUraniumOverdose, on 09 November 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

Really? That's how you will justify exploiting, semantics? Unless you have an IQ of 40 or less, you know damn well what those Emails were saying. Stop playing stupid, or go back to school and stop being stupid.

The same goes for you, thanks for clearing up your end of it.

Dont get down to the level of insulting back...wont help anyone.

- I take myself out of this discussion, Overdose, we can settle this on TS...I am on your side.

All I want is to play Mechwarrior with my buddys and enjoy this...without spoiling this for anyone else.

Edited by Cole Allard, 09 November 2012 - 01:16 AM.

#59 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

View PostCole Allard, on 09 November 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Dont get down to the level of insulting back...wont help anyone.

- I take myself out of this discussion, Overdose, we can settle this on TS...I am on your side.

All I want is to play Mechwarrior with my buddys and enjoy this...without spoiling this for anyone else.

No reason to argue over TS as well, I have said my peace on the matter, and you have cleared up yours. As far as the insults go, you are right of course. Unfortunately It's hard not to get worked up when someone is shown the facts and still tries to dodge the issue. It's like listening to a politician.

#60 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

We were doing this even before they introduced groups during closed beta. Heck, even the Devs used this in friends&family beta. They told us about it on MWO TS half a year ago.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users