Mechwarrior Online + Sweetfx(Modified Shaders)

77 replies to this topic

#21 Britane

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 48 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostSythe, on 10 February 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

I've done this but I still get the issue where I click "PLAY" and the game just minimizes. I have more than enough hardware to run this. Does it have issue with AMD cards?

I don't know about AMD, don't think there be an issue.

look in the game directory, there should be a file named "log.log" open it with your text editor and let us see what it says.

#22 xtase

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Looking forward to trying this out, hopefully this can make the game a bit less monotone.

But I think the main question here should be wether PGI/IGP allows shader injectors.

No use mentioning BF or any other game, it's solely at their discretion and I've seen games ban the use of this injector. It's rather easy to detect and ban (dxd9 hooks), so I would like to have confirmation from the devs that this isn't considered a hack.

Edited by xtase, 11 February 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#23 Zeus X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

It's nice and looks good, need to brighten it up a little bit.

other than that looks good.

#24 Sythe

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostBritane, on 10 February 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

look in the game directory, there should be a file named "log.log" open it with your text editor and let us see what it says.

I get the following.

full path: E:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\
redirecting CreateDevice
redirecting CreateDevice
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
SweetFX_preset.txt(1,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: '/SweetFX/Presets/SweetFX_settings.txt'

edit: Ok after posting this I think I see the problem. *Dunce cap*

edit 2: Yep. I didn't have my directories set correctly. Thanks for pointing me to the log file.

edit 3: This is going to look way better on the stream.

Edited by Sythe, 11 February 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#25 Gregore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

View PostTechnoviking, on 09 November 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

I need Mechs to pop more... they fade into the Brown/Black at 100m... This is a good start I'm going to try it.

This is kind of the point of camouflage.

#26 Ilxuss

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

I can't see the pictures. They doesn't work (for me at least). :P

Edited by Ilxuss, 13 February 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#27 Ronsu

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Tried this with original post settings and 50/50 screen comparison but I cant see any difference :D

#28 Britane

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 48 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostRonsu, on 17 February 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

Tried this with original post settings and 50/50 screen comparison but I cant see any difference :rolleyes:

that's because by default only vibrance is turned on, and at only a very low value. (ok, SMAA Anti-aliasing is also on by default but it doesn't do much, can be turned off). The settings in the OP are not too effective. He had two "film effect" modes on at once, etc.

To control what effects are on you need to edit SweetFX_settings.txt

I recommend:

USE_LUMASHARPEN 1

USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1
USE_VIBRANCE 1

sharp_strength 1.00

#define RGB_Lift float3(1.100, 1.100, 1.100)
#define RGB_Gamma float3(1.050, 1.050, 1.050)
#define RGB_Gain float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)
#define Vibrance 0.350

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Britane, 17 February 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#29 Praehotec8

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

View PostBritane, on 17 February 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

that's because by default only vibrance is turned on, and at only a very low value. (ok, SMAA Anti-aliasing is also on by default but it doesn't do much, can be turned off). The settings in the OP are not too effective. He had two "film effect" modes on at once, etc. To control what effects are on you need to edit SweetFX_settings.txt I recommend: Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks for these settings, they really look great!

#30 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

If someone finds the right color combo to filter the god awful yellow on caustic with the fog thingy....let me know, I tried guessing using standard values and ended up with funky results.

#31 DoRkcHoPs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 180 posts
  • LocationFederal Way, WA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

The screenshots OP made are crap. When i get home I will have to take some screenshots of forest colony/alpine and show the true power of this. Sadly you can't fix caustic valley without making the other maps look funky

Edited by DoRkcHoPs, 19 February 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#32 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

does this increase fps? my graphic card is a lump of pooh now. so as much as i would like to do it, im not sure if i should because of my pooh pooh card.

#33 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Nop, it wil DECREASE ur FPS for a bit. Its depends what u setup in the cfg filebut u can loose 5 or 20 fps if u go crazy with setup.

#34 New Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

Works great on GTX 560. Made the game look much less washed out and with no FPS drop. Also no crashes, freezes etc.

#35 SPencil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 763 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hello

I'm just posting here to say that SweetFX seems to have issues running along side ATI Tray Tools. I'm unsure of the specific tweaks that causes MW:O to lock on start-up while using both SweetFX and ATI-TT, testing is still ongoing. I can confirm I had SweetFX properly installed for it worked when I disabled ATI-TT, however it did not give a performance boost comparable to ATI-TT.

Here's my (partial) dxdiag dump:

Spoiler

With a slaughtered user.cfg, ATI-TT and running MW:O through a program called Razer Game Booster (the simplified explanation is that it temporarily shuts down unneeded processes to free up memory for the game being run), I get an FPS of around 20-25 in Forest Colony, River City & Tourmaline, about 10-15 in Caustic & Frozen City, and Alpine is practically unplayable. Still suffer lag spikes when the action heats up in any map.

If anyone has some insight on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by SPencil, 23 March 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#36 maiki

• PipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 50 posts
  • LocationKöln Germany

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

Here is a nice Configurator für this MOD

http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/

Edited by maiki, 24 March 2013 - 07:06 AM.

#37 Arnon

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Use RadeonPro if you have an AMD card. You can inject SweetFX in any games, and use CTRL+S to activate/de-activate it in-game. (as well as many other settings - FXAA, SMAA, etc).

http://www.radeonpro.info/download/

My game does look pretty amazing at 60fps on my 2560x1440 screen.

#38 SerpentrasD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationEverywhere where my Bushwacker or Mad Cat III are located

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

I hope the devs will disable this. Why? Because with that you can tewak your settings this far that you can play on night maps without a night vision and with that you have the advantage that you can see twice the distance or even more. Also you could change it that the enemies will glow for you and you can see them with no problems etc etc.
That is why as an example Sony Online Entertainment who detect a sweetFX file on your Planet Side 2 folder will ban you from the game.

#39 Thoummim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

Q: May I use graphical enhancements through third-party applications, such as SweetFX or other CBar modifiers to enhance my graphical performance?

A: We do not encourage the use of these types of modifications and in particular should we detect the use of any modification that does any of the following we reserve the right to suspend/ban the account responsible.

a) Alters visibility significantly from the original product to gain unfair tactical advantages
b ) Changes game assets sounds, models, or maps, to gain tactical advantages

As long as you do not use them to gain advantages over other player they seem to tolerate it, and this thread being still alive seem to prove it.

By the way I have no problem seeing you at the other side of the map in river city night with defaut setting and without night/heat vision. My computer screen is really good that help I guess.

#40 SerpentrasD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationEverywhere where my Bushwacker or Mad Cat III are located

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

View PostThoummim, on 05 May 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

As long as you do not use them to gain advantages over other player they seem to tolerate it, and this thread being still alive seem to prove it.

By the way I have no problem seeing you at the other side of the map in river city night with defaut setting and without night/heat vision. My computer screen is really good that help I guess.

Sure when you play with you settings on your Monitor it is also no problem.

So ? I could rewrite the ini file for crazy glowing mechs and it would still work if they not write something who check every line of the ini.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users