• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

View Postgroundhouse, on 10 November 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

Hawken:
1.Fast Fun (short waiting time after Dead)
2.Beginner Friendly
3.More Maps (small but better Designed)
4.More Gameplay-Styles
5.More Customizations,weapons,etc..
6.Cool Atmosphere (Sounds,Design,etc..)
7.No Bugs (found) & its Closed Beta.

MWO:
1.No Fast Fun (waste of Lifetime waiting for next Match after Dead)
1.Beginners unfriendly
2.Heavy Control
3.Only 4 Maps (to small)
4.Only 1 Gameplay-Style (capture the Base).
5.Grind like Hell (without Money)
6.Bugs like a Alphaversion (Crash to Destop,Loadout Bugs,Grafikbugs in Spectator,etc..).
7.Pay To Win Game

greetings
groundhouse

But I still like MWO on more. :D

#22 Sp4wNers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Hawken:
2.Beginner Friendly
4.More Gameplay-Styles

MWO:
1.Beginners unfriendly
2.Heavy Control
3.Only 4 Maps (to small & no Atmo & good Design)
6.Bugs like a Alphaversion (Crash to Destop,Loadout Bugs,Grafikbugs in Spectator,etc..).
7.Pay To Win Game

But Hey..the Mechs looks cool :D

HAWKEN = Call of Duty with Mechs
MWO = Good looking Mechs only

greetings
groundhouse

5 maps, not 4. And there will be more. Also there will be at least one more gameplay mode. There will be more mechs. (MWO)

There was only one thing I really liked in Hawken. Metal scratching and sparks coming from the mechs armor and the wall when i was walking close to the wall.

Oh... And I don't like CoD i think it's for kids that can't play tactical war games like BF3 or Arma.

Edited by Sp4wNers, 10 November 2012 - 05:17 AM.

#23 groundhouse

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

View PostElizander, on 10 November 2012 - 05:09 AM, said:

But I still like MWO on more. :D

That should be the main reason of each game you play :blink:

#24 groundhouse

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

View PostSp4wNers, on 10 November 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

5 maps, not 4. And there will be more. Also there will be at least one more gameplay mode. There will be more mechs. (MWO)

There was only one thing I really liked in Hawken. Metal scratching and sparks coming from the mechs armor and the wall when i was walking close to the wall.

Oh... And I don't like CoD i think it's for kids that can't play tactical war games like BF3 or Arma.

1 Snow, 1 Dessert,1 City,1 Mountain ,thats all i have seen after 100+ Matches = 4 Maps

#25 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

MWO:
7.Pay To Win Game

Really? Let's discuss P2W here, otherwise the threads would be too boring! :D

View Postgroundhouse, on 10 November 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

1 Snow, 1 Dessert,1 City,1 Mountain ,thats all i have seen after 100+ Matches = 4 Maps

Lets add SNOW-MOUNTAIN!

#26 J4ckInthebox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationBritanny, France

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

7.Pay To Win Game

Holy sh**

time to take the Spider Thread Escape System!

Posted Image

Edited by J4ckInthebox, 10 November 2012 - 05:32 AM.

#27 MiG77

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationThird tree from the left

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 10 November 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

Really? Let's discuss P2W here, otherwise the threads would be too boring! :blink:

I dont have to pay anything to win :D

#28 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

View PostMiG77, on 10 November 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

Right, I have spend nothing of my founders money till now.

#29 Ultrabeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 992 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDas Amerikas (The US)

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

View PostMiG77, on 10 November 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

It's not really paying to win, it's paying to not waste time grinding when you already know how to play.

#30 groundhouse

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 10 November 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

Lets add SNOW-MOUNTAIN!

With "Snow" i ment this Map.
Sorry, Never seen a 5th Map (thx to Random Map),but plz can you show me Pictures from all Maps!? ^^

View PostUltrabeast, on 10 November 2012 - 05:35 AM, said:

It's not really paying to win, it's paying to not waste time grinding when you already know how to play.

Thats the same ^^
3 Clicks,10 minutes in loadout,Pilot and Upgrade-Screen,then You can Fire 80+ Missiles (Alpha Strike) nearly Instant (1sec Cooldown),on the Enemy (i have seen this Yesterday,Chainfire with 1000+ Missiles without a break of firing),thx to Elite Firerate.

Edited by groundhouse, 10 November 2012 - 05:58 AM.

#31 cyberFluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

View Postgroundhouse, on 10 November 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

With "Snow" i ment this Map.
Sorry, Never seen a 5th Map (thx to Random Map),but plz can you show me Pictures from all Maps!? ^^

Thats the same ^^

No it's really not. Paying for an advantage on the battlefield you cannot earn with just playtime is "Pay to Win". Like Gold Ammo From WoT, You cannot use this clearly better ammo, unless you pay us. That is "Pay to Win".

Rather than argue with you over this, I'm telling you the difference, I'm educating your ignorance. If you continue to pursue this angle, you're proving yourself stupid and will be ignored. Clear? Good.

#32 Nechuchadnezar

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington, PA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

View PostUltrabeast, on 10 November 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

So let's say you play a brawler Atlas. You wouldn't like a skill tree where you had to choose between offense or defense or extra ammo? That would mean you could customize your skills to your style of play. If you were a heavy hitter you could choose offense to give you like 10% extra damage or whatever to your weapons, but be more vulnerable because you wouldn't have the 10% bonus to armor, and run out of ammo faster because you didn't choose the 10% bonus to ammo capacity.

If you chose defense, you would have lower damage but could tank longer, but would also run out of ammo quicker. If you liked to be out on the front lines taking hits for your unit, that would be a great little bonus.

If you're a dedicated LRM boat or gauss sniper, then you could sacrifice the extra damage and defense for extra ammo capacity because you'd usually be sitting in the back so you could fire longer.

Those kinds of choices are what I'm talking about.

If you want silly unrealistic options like that go play a regular FPS. How, if this were a real life experience, could you get options like these? It was the game makers attempt to create a simulator environment. I agree that not having any real skill trees would be desirable. Likewise if you want to sacrifice armor for ammo...go in the mechlab and sacrifice armor for ammo...???

#33 pursang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

Do we need another one of these pointless threads? Nope!

http://mwomercs.com/search?q=Hawken

Please use the "Search" function next time - it'll make me rage less. :D

#34 Ultrabeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 992 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

View Postpursang, on 10 November 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Do we need another one of these pointless threads? Nope!

http://mwomercs.com/search?q=Hawken

Please use the "Search" function next time - it'll make me rage less. :D

Hey I didn't start it :blink: Just offering my opinion. And Hawken was in alpha stage during that older topic, now it's in beta.

#35 pursang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

View PostUltrabeast, on 10 November 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

Hey I didn't start it :D Just offering my opinion. And Hawken was in alpha stage during that older topic, now it's in beta.

I didn't say you did. The OP on the other hand could have easily have looked up any of the many threads that I found in the link that I gave.

Instead we have this.

#36 Ultrabeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 992 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

View PostNechuchadnezar, on 10 November 2012 - 05:48 AM, said:

If you want silly unrealistic options like that go play a regular FPS. How, if this were a real life experience, could you get options like these? It was the game makers attempt to create a simulator environment. I agree that not having any real skill trees would be desirable. Likewise if you want to sacrifice armor for ammo...go in the mechlab and sacrifice armor for ammo...???

Right, because we're playing in a totally realistic game based on mechs that exist in real life that use lasers. Good point.

#37 Adrius91

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

Games are way too different to be compared imo.

I like the slow pace of Mechwarrior more, I enjoy having time to think.

Hawken has an absolutely amazing artstyle though and the amount of work done by that indie team is nothing short of amazing. It's definitely a piece of work worthy of respect.

#38 groundhouse

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

View PostcyberFluke, on 10 November 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

No it's really not. Paying for an advantage on the battlefield you cannot earn with just playtime is "Pay to Win". Like Gold Ammo From WoT, You cannot use this clearly better ammo, unless you pay us. That is "Pay to Win".

Rather than argue with you over this, I'm telling you the difference, I'm educating your ignorance. If you continue to pursue this angle, you're proving yourself stupid and will be ignored. Clear? Good.

3 Clicks,10 minutes in loadout,Pilot and Upgrade-Screen,then You can Fire 80+ Missiles (Alpha Strike) nearly Instant (1sec Cooldown),on the Enemy (i have seen this Yesterday,Chainfire with 1000+ Missiles without a break of firing),thx to Elite Firerate.

You pay for Better Armor,Mechs,Skills,Upgrades!, without spending Time in Gaming,for Killing other without this Advantage. (same as all other Pay to Win Games).
Better Armor,Skills,Weapon are not a Adavantage against other without this?,50$ the same as 50Cent?,iam ignorant?,ahaha.
:D

Edited by groundhouse, 10 November 2012 - 06:20 AM.

#39 Nechuchadnezar

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington, PA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

Lets analyze your post Groundhouse...shall we?
Having not played what sounds like Combat Arms with mech-like figures, I cannot vouch for anything you say about it, however...(My comments from here on in are in italics)

Hawken:
2.Beginner Friendly
4.More Gameplay-Styles

I have played and invested in MWO.

MWO:
This is what happens when you Rambo PUG. Take your time and don't blow your load all at once. Skill and tactics is the name of this game. Likwise, get out of the Atlas and get into something smaller and quicker. 100 tons does not equal win, especially for the unskilled. I have destroyed many Atlases with my trusty hunchback.
1.Beginners unfriendly
Only seen this since they went to open beta and let irrelovently critical ADHD sufferers play.
2.Heavy Control
By this I can only imagine you mean no instant stops and starts but rather having to think ahead a second or two at least in order to redirect your mech. I call this realistic physics, you call it heavy control...
3.Only 4 Maps (to small & no Atmo & good Design)
I don't agree or understand. Snow map has several terrain changes that I feel this is a new map in itself.
Actually two-in-one. Team deathmatch is there. You do not have to capture the base. Unskilled or unarmed pilots default to capture the base when they cannot kill anything.
For $15 you can have a medium mech. However, if you see 100 tons = Win, then too bad for you on several levels. Not a bad deal I don't think. Or use any of the available light, medium or heavy trial mechs to get cash.
...I think you have some spelling bugs. Comparing programming errors from one game to another is like comparing apples to your mother's bra size. It makes no sense, and unless that's your thing, you just don't want to know what is going on underneath there. Err...that is the code behind the game.
7.Pay To Win Game
Funny, with the narrow skill paths and diverse weights in the trial mechs, it seems to me that anyone can log on to MWO, get in an atlas (if that is your thing) and make some money. Next match, he or she can get into a cicada and harass the other team's support, and next support front line offense with a barrage of LRM's. When you finally get a good amount to buy your first mech, you can use your C-bills you get from playing, assuming you have learned not to Rambo PUG, and outfit your mech however you see fit just like anyone who paid money with no special attention given to those with cash invested. This doesn't seem like a bad deal for nothing, whilst many are complaining about the a game that many of us paid hard money to support.

But Hey..the Mechs looks cool
As they have for many, many years as this franchise has developed.

HAWKEN = Call of Duty with Mechs
MWO = Good looking Mechs only
Since you have correctly identified yourself as an ADHD, Rambo PUG, instantaneous gratification seeking styled player. I rest my case...

Edited by Nechuchadnezar, 10 November 2012 - 06:21 AM.

#40 Ultrabeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 992 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

View Postgroundhouse, on 10 November 2012 - 06:19 AM, said:

Have you even played this game?

It takes a long time grinding xp in 3 different mechs to even unlock elite upgrades, and it's only a 10% fire rate increase. That's tiny. In closed beta it was 2% which was even more useless. That is literally the only good skill in the entire skill trees, besides the heat ones they're all useless.

The master unlocks are even more useless.

Even if you have the elite unlocks and the best mech bought in the game with MC, you will still suck if you don't know how to play and die/lose constantly.

You forgot to mention that on an 80 missile awesome, yes the firerate is fast but your mech will shut down instantly due to overheating, and you will only be able to fire once or twice per minute. There isn't much room for heatsinks and ammo with 4 lrm20's on an 80 ton mech.

Edited by Ultrabeast, 10 November 2012 - 06:26 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users