Recruitment- Skye Rangers Brigade Wants You!

882 replies to this topic

#1 Johan Karl Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 174 posts
  • LocationSkye Federation - Summer

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

Join us! We are STEINER!

Tired of joining communities that promise the sun, moon, and stars, but never seem to deliver? Can't find friendly, highly skilled and motivated players to play with? Then come join a community that's over a decade old, with a rich history of success dating back to the online MechWarrior games of yesteryear! Join the Skye Rangers!

Underneath the 'umbrella' of the Skye Rangers name are multiple independently-run regiments (13 if you include Brigade Command), each providing a unique experience for either the hardcore or casual gamer, depending on the regiment in question. It is this depth that has made the Skye Rangers known for both their fierce competitiveness in planetary leagues and official ladder matches, as well as their social graces and good humor that provide a comfortable home for any MechWarrior.

What we offer hardcore players: An environment of highly experienced veteran gamers who have rich and diverse backgrounds in hardcore gaming, from FPS to MMORPGs. With the Skye Rangers' overall emphasis upon good conduct and sportsmanship, you are assured of finding the ideal mix of skill, dedication, and positive team-work that are the hallmarks of all of the truly great teams. If you want to dominate in MWO with a group with proven records in competitive play, we're your people.

Competitive Skye Ranger Regiment recommendations:

1st Skye Jaegers: Fancy yourself a crack shot, and you're interested in dedicated, hardcore tournament play, free of the immaturity that (sadly) often comes with playing with competitive players? Check our our 1st Skye Jaegers regiment! Their glowing win record and top-tier ranking in MWO leagues is enviable.

What we offer casual players: Looking for a relaxing experience wherein one can engage in anything from friendly matches with quality people to an engaging social discussion or story on our highly active forums? Embracing all genders, sexual orientations , races and ages, you'll find yourself a discrimination-free home that welcomes one and all to engage in this great game in friendship.

Casual Skye Ranger Regiment Recommendations:

22nd Skye Rangers: The place where almost everybody starts out, and so many choose to remain, the 22nd boasts a large, diverse, and friendly roster of players who treat the game as a game, never forgetting that fun is what brought them together.

Highlights of some of the things that we offer to every member:

- 100-person TeamSpeak server with dedicated and active administrators
- A professionally-designed and strictly moderated website and forums.
- In-house tournaments and challenges - the Skye Cup is our own tournament held between all of our various regiments.
- Meaningful competitions, medals, and awards that help to unite all of our regiments under the banner of the Skye Rangers.
- A home where you, regardless of being hardcore or casual, can find many like-minded individuals with which to pursue YOUR goals in MechWarrior : Online.

Join the Skye Federation to vanquish the enemies of the Archon! Skye-Rangers.net

Edited by Johan Karl Steiner, 24 July 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#2 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSummer, Skye Federation

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Fellow 'Mechwarriors,

The Skye Rangers offer a full suite of tools and services via our website to fully support our 'mechwarriors as they drop into battle:

- A friendly, helpful, honorable and active community of hundreds of fellow 'mechwarriors
- Regularly updated website news, events and archive system
- Standardized (but not too restrictive) set of Bylaws and Code of Conduct (rules/regs)
- Events calendar & unit match/tracking system for tourneys within the SR or vs. outside units
- Dedicated 100-slot TS3 server (with a 50-slot backup Mumble server)
- Robust Chat/PM/Messaging system
- Active User Forums
- Member-supported Gallery for art, posters & tactical maps, etc.
- Loads of MW/BT based fiction
- Fiction/canon lore based "Marketplace" which uses credits earned on the website which can be 'spent' in our own Skye Rangers store for canon/lore items to flesh out your "character" (note: no RL $ is used!)
- Fully user-editable profiles, can also add 'characters' under main display name for MWO
- Canon Lyran rank system
- Canon Lyran medal/award system based on contributions and merit
- Canon Patents of Nobility system for RP'ing & forum activity
- Extensive Brigade piloting tactics & suggested 'mech builds info
- Several Line and Support Regiments to participate in, catering to all styles of play (from fiction/art support to hardcore MWO play)
- MWO 'teams' setup parallel with the regiments
- Robust Enjin CMS, everything is linked and cross-linked...simple website to navigate and it's tough to get too 'lost' Posted Image

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Good hunting! ...... /Salute!

Posted Image

Edited by Arturus, 14 June 2014 - 11:55 AM.

#3 Johan Karl Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

Join Skye Rangers and see the Inner Sphere!

http://www.skye-rang...0824#pid=893044

Edited by Johan Karl Steiner, 11 November 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#4 Atradie

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

They have people from ALL time zones too. EU to pacific rim, All US time zones, North Hemisphere, and south.

There are some seriously skilled and deadly pilots that are eager to train you.

#5 Johan Karl Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Join Skye-Rangers.net! Hold the Line!!

Posted Image

#6 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image

#7 Buddhist Knight

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Great all around group of folks. always fun to drop with. Come and enlist today in a great organization.

Buddhist Knight
1st Skye Jaegers of the Skye Rangers Brigade

#8 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

Despite the hardship that has come with the LRM hotfix nerf and the 4 man group restriction, SR4 has been there to have my back more times than I can count. I regularly joke with them about them stealing my kills, but in the end, all I know is I live longer with them there!

#9 Capt Squishy

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 46 posts
  • LocationPomona, CA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

We are the 22nd regiment of the Skye Rangers we have been labeled the band of misfits and miscreants, I am here to tell you that is all about to change I am Captain Tiberius W. Steiner I am CCOM of the 22nd rangers along with my fellow officers we are going to make those who doubted us and cast us aside regret turning their heads to us, we will be the best and most formidable regiment in the SKYE no one will defeat us or overcome us we will be the best!!! If you think you have what it takes then join us at the 22nd regiment www.SKYE-RANGERS.NET, click enlist to get started! Tell em Capt.Squishy sent you!

Posted Image

Edited by Capt Squishy, 28 November 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#10 Madmandale

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

I am Senior Sergeant Major Mike "Madman" Dale of the 10th Skye Rangers. I have been proud to serve with the Rangers, and invite all of you who want to have a great time while protecting the interests of Skye and the Federated Commonwealth to join us! For Skye! For the Rangers!!!

Posted Image

#11 Johan Karl Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Gotta love that logo Doc made!

Brigade up!

Hans

#12 Buddhist Knight

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

Bump for a great group of fellows.. See you potential Rangers out there!

#13 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I also would like to put it out there that the Skye Rangers are also looking for those who are talented story writers. There are excellent promotion opportunities and the capability to gain great fame with the special projects that require these types of role players!

Make sure to put Long Draw as your referer on your application and PM me to let me know you want to be on the team.

#14 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Posted Image

#15 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Be part of a great team!

Posted Image

#16 GriefHard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

We are the best community there is! We rock! Be part of that - join us!

#17 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Get trained up, get out of that Work 'Mech and fight the enemies of House Steiner...!

Posted Image

#18 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Tread lightly...Enlist!

Posted Image

#19 Johan Karl Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip