ISN News Flash

41 replies to this topic

#41 Hidran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 131 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Ah the zeus was a good one. But I had to give my mech packs back to my friend and then my computer crashed. so I only got to play with it a few times.

#42 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

AC 5 isn't /terrible/, it's not awesome but it's not /terrible/. AC 2, now that's pretty bad. An AC 5 is light damage at excellent ranges for very little heat. That + the LRM's is a credible amount of damage at long range in TT (Table Top was never about coring out a mech in one volley, damage spreads remember?) At medium ranges it /really/ got better due to the addition of the large laser to add even more damage. Once you got within 6 you had mediums to balance the loss of the lrm's a bit, but it was still enough damage to wear you down.

I am firmly of the opinion that people seriously don't understand how multiple threat ranges was a /very/ good thing in table top environment. It doesn't lead to one shot wonders like dual AC/20's but it also means you've always got something you can do and you never have to search out that 'sweet spot' that a specialized mech does.

This is a strength, overspecialization is a weakness if you cannot control the battle field. Lets face it, no plan survives first contact with the enemy completely intact.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users