'center Legs To Torso' Control Missing

5 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Bunsen Honeydew the 2nd

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hi,

One of the most useful controls (IMO) in older mech games was the ability to center your legs to where your torso is pointing (this would happen in a slower way than when you center your torso to your legs).

The current option of centering the torso to the legs is fine, but I miss the ability to make my legs point to where I'm facing (thus sometimes allowing pursuit of an enemy without having to think about making sure I keep adjusting my torso as I turn the mech to pursue).

Any chance this control will appear in the new game?

Cheers.

#2 Hetfeng321

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

I second this. This simple feature is very useful for complex maneuvers and was present in most MechWarrior titles. You should convert this into a poll.

#3 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

This needs to be in here. Makes no sense you can only do it the other way.

#4 Cryoflash

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

While I agree it would be nice, I understand why it isn't there.

Think about it realistically. Your torso is a freely rotating object on top of the legs which are for all intents and purposes "Attached" to the ground. Rotating your torso to your leg-front would be as simply as setting the servo to a home position.
However, what is the point of reference when rotating the legs to match the torso? The torso has no fixed object that it would be attached to.

Yes, this is a game so it doesn't need to be 100% realistic, but if people keep using that as an excuse, it will eventually become 0% realistic. And that's boring.

#5 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Guess what: real tanks have a control to center the treads to the turret. It doesn't happen instantly but we should still have the option.

#6 Ozzyla

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

I log in from time to time to see if its been added then log out as its not. Its the way i liked to play. I dont care if its a n00b way to play I liked it that way.

Oz

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users