#41 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

He can flag you once - per account.
THAT was the point I was trying to make.

Guy makes 20 accounts, he flags how many people in the time of his new player bonus alone?

Edit: I am not trying to argue that your idea will not work, only trying to point out potential flaws for you to work with.

If you believe those flaws are negligible then I have nothing to add or help you with.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 21 December 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#42 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

Looks like my english is not fine enough to clearly say what I try to say. :D

If you can read french I'll explain it to you. Or maybe someone understand my logic.

#43 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostRhialto, on 21 December 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Looks like my english is not fine enough to clearly say what I try to say. :blink:

If you can read french I'll explain it to you. Or maybe someone understand my logic.

What you are saying is clearer than most who speak english natively :D
Read the edit on my last post.

#44 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

Again, if you get reported by a single person, nothing would happen and once you are reported by that person, it's impossible to be reported again by him as he would not see you anymore.

Reporting someone is something that should not happen many times a day. The worst I've seen is 2 trolls in the same evening. If someone was to create an account in hope of clicking Report for everyone in a single game, he would auto-ban himself.

#45 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostRhialto, on 21 December 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Again, if you get reported by a single person, nothing would happen and once you are reported by that person, it's impossible to be reported again by him as he would not see you anymore.

Reporting someone is something that should not happen many times a day. The worst I've seen is 2 trolls in the same evening. If someone was to create an account in hope of clicking Report for everyone in a single game, he would auto-ban himself.

Maybe I am the one bad at English and it is my native language.

ALT ACCOUNTS.

New accounts start all at the same level - you get some jackass who feels like it - he can spam that new player area with alt accounts (and there is no true way to ban a person who knows what they are doing) and all those new people can, within the space of an hour - be hit with 20+ "Red Marks" each.
20 new accounts, IP address alterations if he needs to, all drop in the new player matches, 5 min a match...
Only way to prevent THAT is to have a new player pool so big that he cannot reliably hit the same person multiple times.

I am not saying your plan will not work

I am saying that there is a massive flaw right there.

#46 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostMWOSephirothLeet1k, on 21 December 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

-----

Lets not go advertising that, huh? :D

Edited by Shar Wolf, 21 December 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#47 Quaamik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 413 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

A block function needs to be implemented. Most players, 99%+, are good. But there are people who are abusive, [redacted], and people who are just plain [redacted].

A block button should be implemented. It should:

Block that person from dropping on the same team as you.
Block that person from chatting with you outside the game through the client.
Block that person from seeing if you are online.

Ideally, the fact someone was "blocked" should be logged to PGI.
The person blocking someone should have an opportunity (when they block them) to record the reason in a comment.
If a given person gets more than a certain number blocks, someone should review the reasons logged and (if they warrant it) suspend their account. How long should depend on the reasons.

[redacted]

Edited by Egomane, 26 August 2014 - 05:20 AM.
Discussing griefing / language

#48 Quaamik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 413 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

As to one person with multiple accounts running around "blocking" people, there are three ways that could easily be solved.

1) Make the number of "block flags" needed fro an account review high. If it was set at 20 (it could be set higher, say at 40), it would still be easy to see a real troublemaker (someone who was team killing) get that in 3 - 5 games. But one troll hunting a single account running multiple accounts of their own? That might take the person being "hunted" 60 - 100 games before they got 20 "block flags". And how many "block flags" vs how many games played could be factored into what to do to the persons account.

2) Make only the number of "block flags" received in a given time be counted, and only those be reviewed. Set the time to say 30 days. Areal troublemaker is going to be caught and reviewed. But for a person who's account is being "hunted" by a troll? It would be that much harder for the troll to get even 20 "blocks" on them in that short of a time.

3) Make the block button part of the end game score screen. Have it record the game date , time and map, along with an (optional) comment. A real troublemaker may see 2 - 11 "block flags" a game. Someone being hunted by a troll will virtually never see more than 1.

#49 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

The Block List is terrible on Steam. All it takes is one guy in a group that gets pissy with another guy, and suddenly you have terrible problems. It sucks in L4D.

#50 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostQuaamik, on 15 February 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

A block function needs to be implemented. Most players, 99%+, are good. But there are people who are abusive, [redacted], and people who are just plain [redacted].

A block button should be implemented. It should:

Block that person from dropping on the same team as you.
Block that person from chatting with you outside the game through the client.
Block that person from seeing if you are online.

Ideally, the fact someone was "blocked" should be logged to PGI.
The person blocking someone should have an opportunity (when they block them) to record the reason in a comment.
If a given person gets more than a certain number blocks, someone should review the reasons logged and (if they warrant it) suspend their account. How long should depend on the reasons.

[redacted]

So report them. We have that ability now. I don't really see how what we have now is all that different from what you are talking about.

Report [redacted]. If you see someone else being trolled etc, report them.

View PostVictor Morson, on 15 February 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

The Block List is terrible on Steam. All it takes is one guy in a group that gets pissy with another guy, and suddenly you have terrible problems. It sucks in L4D.

Are you talking about someone getting their group to mass block you? Not seeing the problem, so you don't drop with a group that accepts [redacted]?

Edited by Egomane, 26 August 2014 - 05:19 AM.
quote clean-up / insults

#51 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostChris K, on 20 November 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

The Block/Ignore function is not fully implemented yet but it's on the list.
Thank you for your patience. Posted Image

I'm necro-ing this thread because it's been TWO YEARS and we still don't have a direct-block function. I don't like to deal with ********. Noone likes to deal with ********. And since this game is free-to-play, there are more than a few of them that play the game.

We need full block functionality, please. And it would be nice if blocking a player meant that you would be less likely to see them in future matches. I think Xbox Live was able to do this when disliking a gamertag or whatever, so I know that it's possible.

P.S. Reporting isn't enough. Even if player A get's banned, player A can still make a new account. People can still work around IP bans, so a block function would be excellent. Also, I just checked the Code of Conduct and it had nothing against necros so afaik this is a necessary and allowed "bump".

#52 Joker Two

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:12 PM

Gonna necro this as well. Had an extremely unpleasant game with a guy on chat. Cussing out our own team 15 seconds after the start, continuing to do so throughout the game (he was tk'ed by someone else before we even engaged the enemy). I muted him, and told others how to do so, but he continued on in the chat. And I can't even block him unless for some reason he accepts my friend request!?!

Please change this, it should be incredible simple, just add a "Block Player" option below the "Add Friend" option, with the exact same mechanics.

EDIT: Oh, and it's entirely possible he was collaborating with someone on the other team via teamspeak or something, since the first thing he said was for everyone to go through the cave and their entire team was waiting for us before our scouts even poked out.

Edited by Joker Two, 09 August 2015 - 07:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users