Suggestions to the Devs on what we're willing to pay for.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

This thread is intended to discuss what we're willing to pay for in this F2P model. I realize there is another thread that is similar to this, but the OP is just a general theory about what is considered giving a gameplay advantage or not I would really prefer to see a more point form list of items that we feel comfortable paying for specifically.

I feel it's important to come up with a list of specific items the community wants to see and suggest that to the developers.

Here is my list of items that I feel would allow for a quality product that is fair for all users:

* Charge for cosmetic upgrades: Paint, decals, etc.

* Charge for extra inventory space (Can only store enough parts that if you want to change your loadout you have to start pulling parts off other mechs to swap around because you can't store everything you might fancy for a variant in your inventory without paying a one time fee to upgrade inventory space. This would make it more expensive in in-game currency for F2Pers to swap out their equipment all the time (pay for off one mech and onto another instead of just out of inventory and onto a mech). People who are willing to pay for extra parts space will have the convenience of not having to remove anything from other mechs to get the desired loadout for a specific situation and also they will have the encouragement to use more variety of roles in their gameplay.

* Charge a box price (This way everyone is contributing something and there are no freeloaders with a small % of playerbase expected to keep the game alive with purchases). This may not be on the table still with their F2P model, but I feel it is fair for a high quality product.

* Mech variant presets. Allow people to pay to save a variant configuration that will save all the tweaks and parts just how you like it and you can quickly activate the preset to load up the variant you like immediately as long as you have all the necessary parts. This is a convenience and one that is worth paying for if you have the money to do so. This also encourages those who pay to have more variety since it will take no time to change presets whereas a f2per will have to remember or write down their variants and manually swap each part.

*Mech bay slots. Make it so if you don't pay anything you can only store one mech of each class (light, med, heavy, assault) This is also the alternative to the idea people have proposed of making it so you have to pay to unlock certain chassis of mechs. I feel that unlocking all the chassis should be part of the game progression for everyone and anyone can choose which of the chassis they want once they've unlocked it, BUT the F2Pers need to sell their Atlas if they want to use a Supernova as their assault mech whereas the people who pay for an additional slot can have both mechs in the bay configured how they like and ready for action whenever they see fit.

I feel that all the above proposed items allow for fair gameplay and should be sufficient to keep MWO profitable while not nickel and diming everyone. These items are designed to encourage cosmetic, convenience, and encourage variety in paying players while not giving them a gameplay advantage over those that choose not to.

Please propose any other items you feel capture the same spirit or simply what you would like to see in the game.

#2 Snackinzack

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMy own Mind

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

I wanted to add some detail to the OPs post about paint/decals.

I would pay for paint/decals provided by IGP.

I would also pay for the ability to upload your own pilot decal and pay again to add a unit decal. The decals would, of course, have to be subject to some sort of rules on decency, but I assume similar rules will be in place for other stuff anyway.

Snackinzack

#3 Maverick Howell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

to pay a fee or monthly fee to have the option of uploading personally made paint schemes from photo shop or somthing would be cool.

#4 mbt201188

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationPickens, SC

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

I would pay for cosmetic stuff mostly

#5 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

I am sorry but I think this already widely discussed in this topic: http://mwomercs.com/...r-specifically/

"What would you pay for specifially" it is called...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users