#21 MrPenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 13 November 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

Try playing with a free account and come back to me about unlocks when it comes to buying the variants you need.

Hello, free user here.
I have absolutely no issue with mech prices and part prices. Well, as far as cbills go anyway.

So... yeah...

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 13 November 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

I guess that you didn't read the first post now did you? It's quite telling since I was very clear about WHY I asked for a refund.

We're not asking why you want a refund, we frankly don't care. What we're asking is why post this on the forums?

You're far better off e-mailing a PGI representive then go on the forums.

Edited by MrPenguin, 13 November 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#22 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 13 November 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

I've been in far more beta tests and this is the only one where the developers have taken two steps back to make things even worse for a segment of the population.

Sure thing boss.. Care to name any of those betas because i call bull on that.

I have been in the beta for
Star Wars Galaxies / Project Entropia / Motor City Online / City of Heroes / Champions online / The Secret World / Matrix Online / PlanetSide 2 / Need for Speed World / and a bunch more. And i can tell you that at one point or another your rxact complaint have come up in ALL of those betas... Every single one of them... Heck the exact same complaints came up back in my old days of play-testing Pen N Paper RPG's.

So tell me what betas you were in that did not have the exact complaint you just made.

#23 AtomicFrawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 173 posts
  • LocationLafayette, La

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

I saw wine and figured there was Cheese........ I like Cheese.

Try playing with a free account and come back to me about unlocks when it comes to buying the variants you need.

Well there is your problem. What they need to give you everything? Maybe tell your friend how much of crybaby and how cheap you are.

PS: Your entitlement is showing..............

#24 The_Desert_Tiger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

He's a baddie. It's cool though because he will probably go to the next f2p game and pull the same song and dance when he doesn't get his way. I know the type. Rage quitters.

#25 WithSilentWings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationMississauga, Ontario, Canada

I think these threads are way too serious regarding something that isn't out of beta yet.

I'm sure PGI will honour your refund request--no reason to do anything but say "meh, maybe I'll give it another shot at release."

To be fair, they have been making wonderful and quick progress in terms of content etc, and I'd stick around even if the economy didn't change, but that's just me.

#26 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

I play with a free account and tell you that the CBill and XP gain rates are just fine as they are. If you lack the time to reach your goals as fast as you want then I just say: Welcome to the fabulous world of Free to Play Games where you can simply buy all the stuff you don't have time to gain by playing.

Free to Play Games are made for the sole purpose of making money and NOT for giving you great games for free.

And this one right here (though some of the pricing is pretty hefty in my view) is one of the better examples. You know they could just go and say you ONLY get Trials for free and you have no way of getting Mechs other than buying them with real money (aka. Pay to Win). And because there so many so called enthusiasts (with too much money at their hand to throw around) the game would still work that way.

#27 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

I guess that you didn't read the first post now did you? It's quite telling since I was very clear about WHY I asked for a refund.

Ya know you made fun of some people for they're lack of reading comprehension. But you clearly didn't get what I asked.

Your post does nothing to explain why you posted here about it. I couldn't care less why you asked for a refund. If you asked for a refund, take the money and leave. Why would you come here and tell us about it? We probably don't care.

But hey, I'm a founder so what do I know. My opinions don't count for s**t around here.

Edited by EyeOne, 13 November 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#28 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

[REDACTED]

That is a faulty generalization. Almost no one cares, would be more accurate. If he were on a team that probably would change the accuracy though.

James, to be fair to you and the rest of the peanut gallery, you are not teh first person to make this post. You will not be the last. It's a shame you don't like the game, but not everyone will. Also this is an incomplete game being tested as more material is rolled out. You cannot judge the final product from this incomplete incarnation. Keep that in mind, Check back in the future. maybe the time away will mellow your opinion of the community and the game. Maybe it won't. But don't judge the final product by what you have today.

Edited by Viterbi, 19 November 2012 - 10:39 AM.
Removed quote of removed content

#29 Bashars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostDmented, on 13 November 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

Um, it's fairly easy...I have 3 Commandos finished with Elite and 2 Cats working on Elite and I've only been playing a little over a week

Well you play and dont just sit in the forums all day ******** like others......

#30 Broceratops

• 1,903 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

i actually wish i didnt buy founders. none of the variants appeal to me. you can literally get everything in the game for free, just with time...and the rate at which they're putting out new items is pretty good for a small team.

#31 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

the economy is fine.. i have had a lot of friends playing trials to buy their first mech at it took no time at all. Stop complaining and just leave, you will be back soon anyway.. ALl the whiners come back

#32 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 13 November 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Due to the inability of PGI to implement fixes to the economy that makes the game worth playing and not frustrating due to a lack of progression towards any of the xp unlocks and buying subsequent variants I have asked for a refund for my MC purchase that I did back in Closed Beta. I have lost faith in PGI and its willingness to listen to valid complaints from free players that I had no other recourse.

Money talks aka voting with my wallet and I'll be advising all my friends to avoid this game due to the economy.

Hi James, We have disagreed a few times before but for once I am full agreement. Let me know if you have any luck getting a refund. I asked right before the end of closed beta if I could request a refund if they didn't fix double heat sinks to reflect the proper 2.0 factor and was told that once Open Beta started, they were not going to issue refunds.

Right now I am stuck with a Elite Founders Package and have absolutely zero desire to play MWO. Hell I haven't even logged in since they annouced that 1.4 DHS crud. Right now I am just sitting on wasted money and feeling cheated that they avertised this game as being Mechwarrior when their blatent disregard for Battletech/Mechwarrior IP and the mechanics the make up the IP aren't present in the game. Calling a game Mechwarrior doesn't mean it is mechwarrior if nothing functions like it should in Mechwarrior. What we have is Robowars Online masqurading as as an awesome 27 year old IP.

Would LOVE to get my MONEY back....hell even a partial refund for the upgrade I did from Veteran's to Elite back when I thought the game I was playing was actually Mechwarrior.

In any case, I feel very cheated and mislead, especially since they said they were going to try to stick as close to TT Battletech as possible but did the exact opposite. What waste of my time and money.

#33 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

I read your post. I still don't understand why you think anyone here would care. I understand that you are unhappy, reading just about any of your posts makes that clear. Leaving sounds like the best choice for you. But I still don't understand why you felt the need to make the OP.

#34 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 13 November 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

I read your post. I still don't understand why you think anyone here would care. I understand that you are unhappy, reading just about any of your posts makes that clear. Leaving sounds like the best choice for you. But I still don't understand why you felt the need to make the OP.

Attention, obviously.

#35 dubplate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 13 November 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

I'd also tell my friends about how charming this community isn't.

Funny because when I've read a number of your posts I thought about how the community was worse because of them. You do name calling in threads and whining, I'm pretty sure you're just trolling half the time anyways. I'm not sure how this is anything but great news.

#36 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostEyeOne, on 13 November 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

But hey, I'm a founder so what do I know. My opinions don't count for s**t around here.

That's what you paid for ;-). Saves you the hassle of typing texts in a forum which takes away from the time you could aswell spend playing :P.

#37 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

This game isn't for everyone. MWO, has a learning curve and requires practice, tactical thinking and is much better if you are part of a premade. Good luck with your refund, I am sure there are other games that will entertain you.

#38 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

View Postquasihuman, on 13 November 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

This game isn't for everyone. MWO, has a learning curve and requires practice, tactical thinking and is much better if you are part of a premade. Good luck with your refund, I am sure there are other games that will entertain you.

Before you think I'm a bad player etc.. take a look at my stats.

Posted Image

Next time try not talking out of your butt and think someone doesn't know how to play when they have a valid complaint. I was in closed beta and know how the game plays to the point I'm fairly excellent at it.

Edited by James The Fox Dixon, 13 November 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#39 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

FWIW, we have a couple of free players in my clan. One of them has three hunchback unlocks and is working on the elite tier. I know that's anecdotal evidence, but I've really not heard any complaints about XP from anyone I play with.

Take that for what it's worth.

Edited by Gallowglas, 13 November 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#40 Hitokiri Battousai

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

I do not see what he is saying. I play for free and am not haveing any problem getting the C-Bills and XP I need for my mechs. I've already finished off the hunchback 3 variants.

Edited by Hitokiri Battousai, 13 November 2012 - 10:04 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users