Refund For Mc Purchase Requested

56 replies to this topic

#41 Chrithu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Sorry dude, but with those stats I can't see how you seriously can say that you gain too little XP and CBills in this game?

Maybe you should realize that we aren't supposed to have everything unlocked and bought within two weeks.

#42 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 13 November 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Due to the inability of PGI to implement fixes to the economy that makes the game worth playing and not frustrating due to a lack of progression towards any of the xp unlocks and buying subsequent variants I have asked for a refund for my MC purchase that I did back in Closed Beta. I have lost faith in PGI and its willingness to listen to valid complaints from free players that I had no other recourse.

Money talks aka voting with my wallet and I'll be advising all my friends to avoid this game due to the economy.

Just wondering.. if you think this eco sucks, what do you think of world of tanks?

#43 SluGGG

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

INB4THEDELETE BY OUR PGI MASTERS

#44 Zeh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 13 November 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Next time try not talking out of your butt and think someone doesn't know how to play when they have a valid complaint. I was in closed beta and know how the game plays to the point I'm fairly excellent at it.

But you don't have a valid complaint. Goodbye attention *****. Please stop posting until you have something useful to offer.

You've still never given a reason why you have to shout to all of us that you're quitting. Not one person you don't know cares. Perhaps the devs do. That's why you should message them. Not us. We are the faceless, heartless masses that hate what you're doing with this post.

(Psst. It's whining for attention)

#45 James The Fox Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

View PostGhost Bear, on 13 November 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

Just wondering.. if you think this eco sucks, what do you think of world of tanks?

I avoided it like the plague since the economy stunk and required grinding like a stripper. The economy before the final patch before open beta was great in comparison to what it is now.

#46 Skyblade Paladine

Rookie

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 3 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGenève - Suisse / Frangy - France

View PostAlexEss, on 13 November 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

Sure thing boss.. Care to name any of those betas because i call bull on that.

I have been in the beta for
Star Wars Galaxies / Project Entropia / Motor City Online / City of Heroes / Champions online / The Secret World / Matrix Online / PlanetSide 2 / Need for Speed World / and a bunch more. And i can tell you that at one point or another your rxact complaint have come up in ALL of those betas... Every single one of them... Heck the exact same complaints came up back in my old days of play-testing Pen N Paper RPG's.

So tell me what betas you were in that did not have the exact complaint you just made.

<evil grins> Can I participate "young people" :P For those who can remember Meridian 59 (First ever "3d" (tell it really very fast as it was 2d but vertical/horizontal) ?

Ok just realised the guy is just complaining there because he did buy MC on a BETA TEST game and want a refund... Ok, well... 1st, I would never put money on a game I wouldn't be sure I'm going to like... And the guy is so bad at playing it he complains... Ok man... errr... boy... how old are you??? 15-17 ??? if you are older than that it means life only treated you so well you can spend loads of money just snapping your fingers you don't even really need to ask them to refound you and it only means you are a ... dunno how to say it in english... but it may be better this way... ^_^

If you are the age I think, you should really think twice about your whinning on the forums "I am going to tell my friends not to play" ... OH MY GOD!!! Yhea, your million friends are so many they could ruin MWO by just not playing it...... LMAO !!!

MechWarrior / BattleTech community is a bit bigger than what you think boy... People were (and still are) waiting for this game for... a decade (yhea you weren't able to use a mouse/keyboard yet nor to realise the work it is to create/adjust/fine tune a game so it is going to please several million users... Oh MY GOD YOU DIDN'T YET REALISE IT WAS SO MANY PEOPLE??? You thought you were the ONLY ONE to play??? ... Ok well, let me explain... You are not the only one on EARTH...

Ah well yes, I hate people that complains and whines just because they are bad at a game... You are bad at MWO? And so what, KEEP PLAYING!!! GET BETTER!!! FIND GOOD TEAM MATES !!!! And you'll see that even with a Free account "with the actual Cbills gain is WHAT THE GAME IS INTENDED FOR!

I did see your "stats" and here's what I think... Either it's photoshopped either... You are changing your Mechs configs every battle and that's why it cost you soooooooo much not having more than 26'000Cbills left.. Either you just buy EVERY Config everytime...

I am a founder, I only have like 6 Mechs in my hangar... and I am out of Cbills and I am NOT complaining...

What's the interest to cheat in a game??? you need TO EARN your BattleMech! To earn it you need to sweat man!!! I hate other MMO (like WoW when I need less than 3 weeks to be max lvl... wtf I hate that it's useless!!!)

But yes, I am one of those guys who did more beta (or alpha) tests than you have days in a year... And always did them with all my heart, because I know how difficult it is to have a perfect balance ingame for the HardCore Gamers, the n00b, the Casual Gamer, and the new gamer styles like the Social Gamer, the Pop-In Gamer, the "Free Gamer" (which I like the most because even if the devs need to be paid, everyone should be able to enjoy a GOOD game... and MWO is an EXCELLENT GAME!

And believe me... I've already told ALL my friends, even those saying they never play games, that THIS game ROCKS... And even if I paid for it because I'm a real MW fan, my doubts at start and the probs now because it's more difficult to configure a BattleMech with how the economy works now, I need to say it is more likely running like it should!

The economy as it is now, it works like in the books, in the board game, in the previous PC games... it's HARD to get Cbills because it's expensive to maintain a technology that the world is unable to recreate correctly... But who knows that if you're not even trying to understand and read all the stuff the Devs wrote on the news (And men you did a really good job there!)

Ok should stop there, that was a "warm reaction" on someone that seems to have understood nothing about what is "around" a game that is part of a "realm" that is way bigger than what he could think...

So if you decide to quit, it's you're decision knowing the game isn't yet finished...
Now, you should realise that life isn't giving everybody the skills to do absolutely everything they want (Bill Gates maybe???) and that some things must be taught/learned the HARD way... (I remember playing the beta of Doom for the first time, worst MONTH in my life)

So take care on your way out... But if you decide to stay ==>> ASK FOR HELP, and don't whine... a MechWarrior NEVER whine, he falls then stand back, and FIGHT!

Edited by Skyblade Paladine, 13 November 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#47 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 13 November 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

Sure thing boss.. Care to name any of those betas because i call bull on that.

I have been in the beta for
Star Wars Galaxies / Project Entropia / Motor City Online / City of Heroes / Champions online / The Secret World / Matrix Online / PlanetSide 2 / Need for Speed World / and a bunch more. And i can tell you that at one point or another your rxact complaint have come up in ALL of those betas... Every single one of them... Heck the exact same complaints came up back in my old days of play-testing Pen N Paper RPG's.

So tell me what betas you were in that did not have the exact complaint you just made.

MPBT: Solaris, MPBT: 3025, Kesmai's Aliens Online, DAoC, Anarchy Online, LOTRO, DDO, etc...

#48 Inappropriate745

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 13 November 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Due to the inability of PGI to implement fixes to the economy that makes the game worth playing and not frustrating due to a lack of progression towards any of the xp unlocks and buying subsequent variants I have asked for a refund for my MC purchase that I did back in Closed Beta. I have lost faith in PGI and its willingness to listen to valid complaints from free players that I had no other recourse.

Money talks aka voting with my wallet and I'll be advising all my friends to avoid this game due to the economy.

GREAT.

[REDACTED]
Black Ops 2 is out, go play that, and take your inbred friends with you.

Edited by RAM, 13 November 2012 - 10:24 AM.
Insults

#49 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

Half of the replies posted are the other reason why I don't recommend this game to my friends. Reminds me a lot of the WoW, 4chan, and SA boards.

Edited by James The Fox Dixon, 13 November 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#50 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 13 November 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

Half of the replies posted are the other reason why I don't recommend this game to my friends. Reminds me a lot of the WoW, 4chan, and SA boards.

You wouldn't recommend a game to your friends based off a games official forums? Even though ALL official forums suck?
You must not recommend many games.

Edited by MrPenguin, 13 November 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#51 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Before you think I'm a bad player etc.. take a look at my stats.

Posted Image

Next time try not talking out of your butt and think someone doesn't know how to play when they have a valid complaint. I was in closed beta and know how the game plays to the point I'm fairly excellent at it.

If I had your stats I'd have close to 30 Million in the bank right now. I take that back I make 50K more than you per match. But your K/D record makes me sick! :P

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 13 November 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#52 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostMrPenguin, on 13 November 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

You wouldn't recommend a game to your friends based off a games official forums? Even though ALL official forums suck?
You must not recommend many games.

Not when the people there aren't the most unhelpful, considerate, polite, or common courtesy for others.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 13 November 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

If I had your stats I'd have close to 30 Million in the bank right now!

The accumulated c-bills per match is wrong since it hasn't normalized from when I had one day of premium time I paid for.

#53 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 13 November 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Not when the people there aren't the most unhelpful, considerate, polite, or common courtesy for others.

Thats pretty much every single official game forum in a nutshell...

#54 Gaan Cathal

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

View PostMrPenguin, on 13 November 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

Hello, free user here.
I have absolutely no issue with mech prices and part prices. Well, as far as cbills go anyway.

Seconded, grind is fine.

View PostViktor Drake, on 13 November 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

Right now I am stuck with a Elite Founders Package and have absolutely zero desire to play MWO. Hell I haven't even logged in since they annouced that 1.4 DHS crud. Right now I am just sitting on wasted money and feeling cheated that they avertised this game as being Mechwarrior when their blatent disregard for Battletech/Mechwarrior IP and the mechanics the make up the IP aren't present in the game. Calling a game Mechwarrior doesn't mean it is mechwarrior if nothing functions like it should in Mechwarrior. What we have is Robowars Online masqurading as as an awesome 27 year old IP.

Emphasis mine. These sorts of drama-queen responses to any perceived deviation from TT rules do no-one any good, especially those in favour of a close adherance to the Battletech core IP. I actually feel sorry for the Battletech veterans who put a lot of time and effort into presenting ideas for the translation of TT/Lore qualities into the realtime environment because they are repeatedly and frequently let down by this sort of nonsense, you're like the extremist wing of a political party - every time you produce these facile little rants it damages the credibility of those taking a resonable approach to the turnbased-realtime transfer and the semi-competitive environment. Saying nothing functions like it does in Mechwarrior means one of three things:

1) You think the game should be turn based, with 10s turns and random hit location.
2) You are oblivious to the fact that real-time and location-targetting necessitate changes to ensure a modicum of balance/playability.
3) You are pissy over some select changes (which may well indeed be bad changes), and are conflating those select changes into a widespread rejection or disregard for the IP.

#55 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 13 November 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

Try playing with a free account and come back to me about unlocks when it comes to buying the variants you need.

So you want to play for free but are mad because it takes forever. What FTP game doesn't? Then to top it off you were in beta bought some MC (Presumably after playing for a bit) and now want a refund. WTF! You knew what you were getting into. Wow, now I am going to go buy a game from the store play it and ask for a refund because I don't like it. Good luck with that.

Oh wait NM it's Dixon I thought you quit like a few weeks back. Troller.

#56 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Before you think I'm a bad player etc.. take a look at my stats.

Posted Image

Congratulations, you make more Cbills that I do even with my bonus, your arguement is invalid.

#57 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Thank you for your feedback - this conversation has run its course.

RAM
ELH
MOD

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users