#61 Tickdoff Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostTruePoindexter, on 13 November 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Refusing to fight is a strategic decision. A lost fight is already lost so you're just throwing away a mech and getting a repair bill to rush off and die. There's no honor here - only bills to pay. Some of us are cheap.

Besides - sometimes it's fun to try to hide the Atlas

I will continue to report people that run and hide.

#62 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 13 November 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

I will continue to report people that run and hide.

I sense that support has you on ignore.

#63 Arisaema

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostDakkath, on 13 November 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

I find this kind of funny. But really, it's a game. Put the guy on your block list and move along ;)

What block list?

#64 Undead Bane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

View PostMouseNo4, on 13 November 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

I do believe that is what the Americans call it.

Please do not let the enemy know my location. I dont really care if you are dead and want the match to end as soon as you die. I am alive and want to keep it that way.

Well, they don't need to call it. I will personally find and kill you part by part, so you will stop trying to disengage.
Because you, most likely, have hidden from fight and don't deserve to live.

#65 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona, USA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostArisaema, on 13 November 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

What block list?

There is a blocked list in the social tab of the mechlab, but I don't think it has anything to do with matchmaking or ingame chat even. I think it just blocks mechlab chats and invites. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

#66 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostTruePoindexter, on 13 November 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

I sense that support has you on ignore.

Because I report griefing? Isn't that what we are supposed to do?

#67 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 13 November 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

If you think someone not dying in a suicidal blood bath for your entertainment is somehow "griefing" I think I see misunderstanding of what griefing is.

Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

#68 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostTruePoindexter, on 13 November 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

If you think someone not dying in a suicidal blood bath for your entertainment is somehow "griefing" I think I see misunderstanding of what griefing is.

Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

Well... it depends on when they decide that they are not going to die in a bloodbath... If that is taken 30-40 sec before first engagement... then yes that is very much low-blowing your team... If it is in a 8-1 situation then i can accept it... Not what i would do but i can accept it.

Still rules are rules, no matter if one like it or not. As i said i personally respect if someone decides to shutdown "when all is lost" but you can also be damm sure i will have you under watch the rest of the match so you don't try any funny stuff.

#69 Strykeforce

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

on the note of mechs walking/running in circles. I've had lancemates CTD while I've been spectating, and their mechs have done just that.. so not necessarily a macro....

#70 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 13 November 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

You are reporting minor things that do not warrant a report. You do realize it's a human being on the other end of the support and he gets paid to do his job? You sending reports "omg this guy went to hide when he was last one alive" is wasting their resources. If the support keeps a block list (I suspect they don't), I'm sure guys like you get on it.

#71 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Well in all honesty if they get 60-70 reports on the same guy hiding out and not helping i am sure they will investigate that too.. no matter who sent it.

#72 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

I give up.

#73 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostAlexEss, on 13 November 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Well... it depends on when they decide that they are not going to die in a bloodbath... If that is taken 30-40 sec before first engagement... then yes that is very much low-blowing your team... If it is in a 8-1 situation then i can accept it... Not what i would do but i can accept it.

Still rules are rules, no matter if one like it or not. As i said i personally respect if someone decides to shutdown "when all is lost" but you can also be damm sure i will have you under watch the rest of the match so you don't try any funny stuff.

Even then is that griefing? More than likely that's just some form of C-Bill farming/afking.

#74 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Yes it is... By the same logic as calling out your teammates to the enemy. It is interfering with others enjoyment of the game.

for an example if you get two or three people who never engage the enemy or do anything else how is that fair to the rest of the team they joined. And yes i consider afk-farming greifing too, it falls in to the same pocket.

#75 Termius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

I believe that giving the enemy the location of a friendly mech is dependant on the situation. If the last man standing is near weaponless and badly damaged, let him hide. There isn't anything he can do if there is still 2 - 3 mechs on the enemy team.

If he is an AFKer then rat away, saves the enemy and you some time. Unless they decide to cap, which is completely acceptable.

If your teammate still has his weapons, minimal damage AND still decides to hide, then it might be justifiable. Personally I don't rat people out if I can avoid it.

As for me personally, if i'm in my centurion, missing my arms, and my SRM's are out of ammo I won't be rushing up to the enemy mechs trying to save the day with only 2 medium lasers.

Edited by Termius, 13 November 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#76 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostAlexEss, on 13 November 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Well in all honesty if they get 60-70 reports on the same guy hiding out and not helping i am sure they will investigate that too.. no matter who sent it.

Max 16 players in a game, and I don't think the guy is reporting himself so max 15 reports. And currently reporting is very bothersome job. There are no match id's or anything. Only thing you know is this guys nickname in the game. Alright you know who he is, but trying to prove what he did in the game? Either the support is running on a 'honor code' meaning if they get a report on someone they just ban him because they trust you so much or they are discarding 99.99% of the reports because of lack of evidence. Screenshots probably best form of proof, but how do you screenshot someone hiding? Take a screenshot and go "Look he isn't moving in this picture!" ;).

#77 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostAlexEss, on 13 November 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

Yes it is... By the same logic as calling out your teammates to the enemy. It is interfering with others enjoyment of the game.

for an example if you get two or three people who never engage the enemy or do anything else how is that fair to the rest of the team they joined. And yes i consider afk-farming greifing too, it falls in to the same pocket.

Both are negative and detrimental to your team yes but one is done out malice and one out of laziness. One needs to be actively pursued and one is less of an issue.

#78 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostMadPanda, on 13 November 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Max 16 players in a game, and I don't think the guy is reporting himself so max 15 reports. And currently reporting is very bothersome job.

Well he only need to do it in say 20-30 matches to build that kind of report.Done it once.. will most likley do it again.

View PostTruePoindexter, on 13 November 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

Both are negative and detrimental to your team yes but one is done out malice and one out of laziness. One needs to be actively pursued and one is less of an issue.

So why does that matter... Both are in my mind equally serious matters.. And just to be clear i am not talking about the people who "give up" when the match is pretty much over any way, but the people who you find loitering at some hard to find spot shut down at the early stage of the match... Then again i try to avoid pugging as much as i can.. right now it is kind of hard but it will get better once phase two goes live.

But no i do not see lazyness being any better excuse then being petty when it comes to mucking up team-play in a team game.

#79 Schrottfrosch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

The last thing we need are self-proclaimed deputy sheriffs.

If you suspect someone of doing something like afk-farming, cheating or whatever just report it to the support.

Once someone alpha'd me into my back on the spawn taking out one of my weapons (me hunchie, him atlas) - I shot back once and strode off towards the enemy - while fighting I then noticed him still trying to shoot me. He was missing me though, so I lured him a bit deeper into the enemies I was fighting - as he was a juicier target and much easier to hit the enemies concentrated on him instead of me. I then helped them killing the atlas and got the finishing blow ;)
He was quite mad at me accusing me of afking. My teammates told him I was obviously not afk but only ready a bit later. He then tried to excuse his behaviour by telling us he counted to 20 until he shot me...

We won that match - but tbh I didnt like shooting back, as I was well aware, that taking out such a heavy machine as the atlas from our team weakens us. And not only his firepower is missing, but also mine while we shoot each other.

There are many people out there who still have problems with the stability of the game - including me: I for example experience things like a blackscreen, the 4 fps drop or just plain CTDs every 10 games or so. Today out of 4 games each game one of our 4 man team dropped to one of the afforementioned reasons.

So just leave it to the support and dont try to take things into your own hands.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users