#61 Bad Electric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChantilly Va

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

hey there UGM84 ~S~

was on US Proteus in the early 80's (TMT3).

thanks for your service to our country!

Bad Electric <HHGD>

#62 Kleeve

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

This is KLEEVE

I usually play a lot of Strategy games and the occasional RPG MMOs. I NEVER play PvP - shooters or in MMOs (except rarely). Normally, I hate PvP. But I LOVE this game!

I played MechCommander and some of MechCommander II. They were incredible games, and I have fallen in love with the MechWarrior Universe. I haven't seen any movies or anime (I'm assuming this is Japanese - it has all the hallmarks of a 'Gundam' style drama). But I'd love to learn more and get into some of the story.

I'm not a 'role-player' per se, but I do like this genre and I'm looking forward to exploring every nook and cranny of this game.

If there are any "guilds" or companies that are looking for recruits, count me in.

Its been 30 years since I was in the Reserves here in Ottawa, Ontario, but I do remember the concepts regarding not shooting my fellows. I assume that formations will be somewhat important, and that there are tactics involved in properly ganking an opponent without blowing the limbs off my team-mates.

I do love the friendly-fire aspect of the game - including tripping over each other. That's really how it should be, and I feel that helps to create great incentive to formally group up and develop proper strats.

My main Mech is (so far) the Atlas. I love how it moves so majestically. I have found that there is literally no turning back - they're so darned slow that by the time I turn around and try to run, I'm dead. So I have to have a good idea as to how I'm going to maneuver before I go into a fight.

If you have room for me in your group, send me a PM.

GLHF all!

#63 Davion Heavy

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

Long live the Federated Suns, I always thought the merging of the great houses was a bad idea. Hanse Davion's only mistake.

#64 William Chase Davion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

I'm 31 and live in Buffalo, NY. I work full time as an engineer. My intro to the Battletech Universe was through the cartoon. I had the toy Mauler. I've played some of the previous Mechwarrior PC games, and I played Mechwarrior: Dark Age. I've also read some of the books.

I just bought Legendary Founders.

#65 RedBeaveR

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

Greetings.

Played MW(1) to MW4 with all expansions. But I had to go to college in 99 and since then haven't touched a Mech controller... Played MP abit in MW4 and played MPBT:Solaris as well.

Yes, on AOL, on dial-up, from Indonesia... and I still kick *** with my 2~3seconds lag.

Then moved to Canada, tried 3025 for a bit but didn't really dive into it.

MPBT Callsign was Redwulf. Originally merc for the house of Kurita, but I defected to the Davion.... :)
MW3&4 MP callsign was Pecelayam.

Looking forward to serve the house of Davion once more. If they're not intimidated by me.

Edited by RedBeaveR, 31 July 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#66 Kiahoga

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSin City

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

Hi im Jason im 38 and live in Las Vegas Nevada. Ive played battletech sine the mid 80s and alot of the various Video game incarnation including some time at Virtual World when it was here. Im looking forward to having fun and wrecking some Cappie mechs.

Edited by Kiahoga, 31 July 2012 - 11:14 AM.

#67 Poqets

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

I'll fight for anyone but the snakes if the price is right.

#68 slopoke

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico, USA

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

My name is slopoke,

Some may have seen me in other Mech games as slopok, slopoke, sl0p0k3 or slopok8225. I'm 43 and have 5 kids from 26 to 15yrs of age. 1 girl and 4 boys and also 3 Grand children. I'm a 100% disabled Veteran of the First Gulf War. Anyways, I started playing Battletech on the board in the early 80's, then MechWarrior thru MechWarrior 4 (mercenaries). Because of my disability and Meds I take It takes me a long time t read, since i must re-read 20 times to comprehend what I just read! So I have read; "Decision at Thunder Rift", "The Sword and the Dagger", "En Garde" and "Riposte" of the BattleMech Books and "Roar or Honor" and "The Dying Time" of the MechWarrior Books! I don't consider myself an expert in any way mostly because my short term memory is very, very bad.

I look forward to this beta for one and for the full release of the most bad *** MechWarrior Game ever released! House Davion is where I stand and that is that! Hope to meet you all on the battlefield as we move forward and look forward to crushing those who oppose us!

Regards,
Slopoke

#69 Bad Electric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChantilly Va

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

~S~ Slopoke

look forward to dropping with you sometime.

I salute your service to our great country, thanks for your service and sacrifice.

your humble servant
~S~
Bad Electric

#70 lHummingBirdl

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:03 AM

Hiya,

This is my first MW game and I am hopeing to Prove myself to you guys.
Hope you will accept me into House Davian. :)

#71 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Welcome to the Dark side /grins

#72 DocFather

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hello All DocFather here, I am a combat medic in the other world and decided to get back into battletech between my tours in Iraq. Started playing and reading the books back in the late 80s. Yeah I remember when there used to be Hobby shops that actually sold wargames not card games. I have played the video games and even repurchased most of the books on my last tour to keep me sane. All in all can't wait to start in MWO. Looking forward to seeing what Davion units are out there.

#73 IkeScurvy

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

IkeScurvy here.

I've been reading the battletech novels since I was pretty young, as my dad had a huge collection of em. I've read nearly all of them save for a few of the really old ones, and I know a lot about the lore. I've played nearly every game, with the exception of MW1, and really only dabbled at the TT in an old computer version of it, though my friends and I are thinking about purchasing some stuff to play. Really, really looking forward to the community warfare aspect, and can't wait to see what they do with the clans. My favorite bit about the lore is really the FedCom civil war, so I'm hoping the game lasts long enough to see that, though I doubt it will unless we get a MWO2 or something.

#74 Grey Rogue

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

Hi i'm Samu, I am 26 years old, i live in Southern Finland. I graduated as a machine fitter from Vocational School in '05, in my military service after that i was a rifleman in the Finnish Army . In the past 6 years after it, i've been doing different things. I've Played Mechwarrior 4 and its Mercenaries expansion ,Mechcommander 2 and both Mech Assault games on Xbox. I've also got about 30 battletech books. My reason for choosing House Davion, is because i feel that they have one of the most professional militaries in the Inner Sphere.

I am looking forward for this games release and meeting you all on the battlefield fighting for House Davion.

Regards,
Grey Rogue

Edited by Grey Rogue, 18 August 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#75 Bad Electric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChantilly Va

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

~S~ Grey Rogue

I look forward to fighting alongside you in defense of house davion.

respectfully,

Major Bad Electric <HHGD> BCO1

#76 StoneMason

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 92 posts
  • LocationKathil

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

Hi chaps,

I'm Mason, came up through the Kathil March Militia as an armour officer. I was all set to return to civvie street when we lost my brother in the War of 3039. We got more of the families Enforcer back than we did of him, I ended up a Subaltern in the Uhlans. I don't hold a grudge against the Dracs, it's the price you pay when you start a war for no good reason. I'm afraid I can't say the same about the Cappies. I've been in for years and I'm still holding out for a Company command, if it wasn't such a bloody good Regiment I might be tempted by merc work.

I'm Dan in RL, 25 yr old phone jockey in Sydney. I've been following Battletech since a single run of the animated series on TV here in Australia when I was maybe 8. Played most of the games since then, never a great deal of multiplayer given my location. Played a bunch of TT when I moved to Syd in 07 but haven't been able to find players for most of my life. Still trying to decide if I should go looking for a unit in MWO or just try and get one started. Kathil Uhlans anybody?

#77 Bad Electric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChantilly Va

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Crickey! they have fiber optic internet down under?

also, what GMT +/- time zone is that?

B E

#78 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

heheh that would be GMT +/- 12

#79 fredraiden

Rookie

• Recruit
  • Recruit
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

If I want to join a house where I go. Does this work like a Faction/ Guild or is this just a group devoted to Davion.

#80 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

View Postfredraiden, on 23 August 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

If I want to join a house where I go. Does this work like a Faction/ Guild or is this just a group devoted to Davion.

If you choose to go Davion, then change your image to Davion under your profile.

Next step is do you wanna be a lone wolf, or join a unit.

Also, if you do pledge your life and honor to that of House Davion, head on over to www.housedavion.org, the (semi)official board for the House Davion group.

There are plenty of groups, or Regiments, recruiting right now.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users