89 replies to this topic

#81 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hello, I'm Matt, currently aged 28. I work at a local Library peddling knowledge and entertainment to the masses on the taxpayers' dime.

I was introduced to Battletech by my dad via the novels when I was 8 or so, and have been a huge fan ever since. I've only dabbled with the Tabletop (both CBT and the Mechwarrior RPG), but I've played every Mechwarrior PC game since MW2 Mercs, plus both Mechcommander games. I also have some experience with the old CCG, and I spent way too much time and money on MWDA (went to Nationals a couple of times, but never got very far there). I've also got a good bit of Virtual World pod time under my belt; too bad the local Dave and Busters got rid of their pods.

I've gone by Marshal, Wrath of God, Wrath (under that name I had a go at a fan-based unit for the Dark Age community with the 3rd Special Operations Group, but it fizzled due to lack of participation), and lately Porphyrogenitus.

I've been a big fan of the Federated Suns for most of my life (the Usurper-Witch Katherine was the focus of much of my teenage ire). I tend to like Gauss Rifles, to dislike the Clans and House Liao, and have a lot of sympathy for mercs. ComStar (or rather the post-schism ComGuard) is the closest thing to a second faction for me. I can really appreciate the secular ComStar's goals under Focht.

#82 fredraiden

Rookie

• Recruit
  • Recruit
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Yesterday I went to the website and no one was on. I didnt join yesterday on a enemy team a davion member told me of another site.

#83 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

View Postfredraiden, on 24 August 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Yesterday I went to the website and no one was on. I didnt join yesterday on a enemy team a davion member told me of another site.

No worries Fred (hope you don't mind me shortening your name to that)

As far as websites go, you were probably directed to one of the units sites rather than a house site.

The main Davion sites are housedavion.com with the housedavion.org being the current forum site.

hope you find your way in the end.

GL
GH
HF

#84 Aurelios Salcedo

• PipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLong Beach

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hello friends and pilots. My name is Alex and I've been a BT fan for 3 years now... or 2.... IM A NEWB WITH EXPIRIENCE! anyways... I've always liked Davion for their logo but i also found out more reasons to like Davion more than those Steiner guys. (*COUGH* katrina steiner...)
anyways Davion is a very awesome faction, though I am going to be in a merc company I will always be loyal to the Suns...

i hate you katrina steiner... im a newb... i must read the books!

oh yeah I am also gonna be 15 years old and i also watch the Battletech show from the 90's

#85 Alexei Antonov

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

21yrs here, Mike D.
CS: "Rotor Rage"

Looking back at lore, I've always sort of thought Davion was the lesser of evils when looking at BT groups.

Checking out all the units acting for Davion or acting as Mercs with HD and trying to see which ones would be best. Between "lone wolfing" getting stale and the larger numbers of organized teams showing up, I don't think going alone is going to cut it. Besides, few games like internet spaceships have taught me a good game can be good; a good game with good friends is excellence.

That said...incoming wall of text. TL;DR Mech loving college student looking for buddies to pewpew other peoples' virtual tonka toys.

An EE student, currently working with a few NASA retirees on some inverse-K arm controllers for disposable bomb bots and prosthetic limb control systems.

When I'm not getting mauled by mountains of work, I'll spend my time either at the workbench, behind the controls of an RC Heli, or at my desktop lighting off rockets into someone's prior good day.

Game experience applicable to MWO, I've spent (and continue still occasionally) time in Eve Online as an Fleet Com for small to mid size gangs when not going off on my own or a few buddies. Along with that, I was the guy for artillery or the "Command" (AWACS really) mech in Chromehounds (similar, but more "arcadey"). I spent some time in MW4 and it's expansions with a few guys I met in EVE who were really into BT. Before that my only experience with the franchise had been the MechAssault series followed by Wiki'ing the back story which I found to be pretty enthralling.

When it comes to classes there are a few things I've learned from EE, EVE, war games, etc. Find something you're good at and compliments your partners, but be prepared to take any needed role when things go south. This rang especially true in small gang fleet fights where low fleet numbers necessitated versatility to suit changing conditions. One moment, I'd find myself in my preferred battlecruiser...the next, chasing down some target in a paper thin interceptor hoping to god he didn't get a lucky shot haha.

To that end, I'm one to like mid range to heavier class machines be it getting up close and personal or raining all kinds of hurt from afar. However, if need be I'm plenty up for "stepping razor" with a lightweight.

Folks have said I'm an easy going guy, but serious when the moment calls for it. Slow to anger, and methodical...unless of course it's whiskey night in which case anything goes I suppose ;)

Edited by Alexei Antonov, 27 August 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#86 BlackAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:05 AM

(Dr. Nick voice)
Hello everybody!

Hi guys, another old hand at BattleTech, Crescent Hawks and Mechwarrior here checking in. Nice to see of few LotBF and CBT faces as well.

Looking forward to continuing the traditions of Team Davion and kicking some Snake, Clanner and Cappie arse.

#87 Dymitry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationSibko

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

I always wondered, will Davions get the invulnerability plot shield as per canon?

#88 BlackAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:18 AM

That's was always more of a Kai Allard-Liao thing.

#89 StoneMason

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 92 posts
  • LocationKathil

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

I like to call it Combined Arms Doctrine

#90 Conventry

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

View PostDamberville, on 12 June 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

41 here and been playing BT since '86.

Funny .. I have been playing since then too. The old FASA box set .. pre City tech and Aero Tech ..

Used to play Mech Warrior RPG as well.

ah the days of Crown Royal bags and Poly Dice *grin*

49 yr young .... gamer before Steve Jackson had his own company .. he was with Metagaming when i started ... heck i was gaming before Gygax was Largely known by the nerds of the day ..

Yeah I was the dude that was sporting the horn rims on mah face a mountain dew in one hand and a pair of forecepts for ... uh .. moving the squad leader pieces when Avalon Hill was king ..

420? ok yeah maybe a little of that too .... but i swear it was only a nickel ... or dime .... but that's niether here nor there .. and that came to a screaming halt when i went USAF. :D

Nice to meet ya'll

Edited by Conventry, 06 September 2012 - 11:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users