official feedback

3697 replies to this topic

#3641 Thirdstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostLethalRose, on 20 January 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

People who vote no don't understand why the game needs it.

If you're argument is that ONLY an enlightened few understand the need for 3rd Person then that's a terrible argument. Oh great, now I'm helping the bloody necro.

#3642 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

this game does NOT need it, never will. This game is not being designed as an arcade shooter, it is being designed as a tactical first person mech SIMULATOR. Also, those who NEED third person views, are most likely <I am not counting those of you who want 3rdPP to just SEE your mech and its pretty nature, you do not count for this, as you seek only an aesthetic view that frankly the lab can give you, no offense> those, who fail to understand the concept that leg and torso facing are NOT the same thing, seeking an easy button to NOT risk the mech to see above or around obstacles, seeking an advantage in Situational Awareness, or want a game that has a much shallower, thus EASIER game to play with little to NO learning curve. Sorry, this then is not the game for you.

#3643 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

to 221

rofl, FOUR THOUSAND MORE NO than yes but theyre still "looking into it" but yea cause they totally listen to us

people who vote yes never played MW4 and dont know why its bad for the game

#3644 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

what percentage is 4232 of 4493?

The other two options are just stupid imo theyd show they have no opinion or are indifferent had there been no option and theyd not voted

#3645 Rotaugen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'm waiting for 4th person...

#3646 IG 88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 416 posts
  • LocationSagunay, Québec Canada

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

well I think this poll is successful
Does MWO need or should have 3rd person

#3647 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

yeah... the question is do they care enough to listen or do they go ahead and pander to the lowest denominator and hope it doesnt ruin the game?

#3648 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Pretty definitive what the players want in this regard. Can we stop begging for it now?

#3649 Gorthaur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

This again.... If people can handle the learning curve of EVE, they can handle learning to pilot a 'Mech without 3rd person. It seriously isn't that complicated... Sorry to be so blunt but its true.

#3650 machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Locationhere.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

this topic is a /facepalm

#3651 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostGorthaur, on 21 January 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

This again.... If people can handle the learning curve of EVE, they can handle learning to pilot a 'Mech without 3rd person. It seriously isn't that complicated... Sorry to be so blunt but its true.

hell, i will be even more blunt. the thing that trips up these doodle headed players who cry and whine begging for 3rd PPOV is this: I turn my torso but my legs do not follow. I need a view outside to understand this. Uh... Hi, my name is Rejarial, and in 15 seconds, I will teach you all you need to know about this concept. Drive a car and merge into traffic. Notice something? Your head turns over your shoulder, but, notice how the car does NOT follow? Same thing. The car is your mech's legs, and your head, the torso. Not simple enough yet? Okay. You and your buddy are walking in the mall. Side by side. You both are talking. You are not crabbing through the mall are you? Ya know, walking with the entirety of your body facing your buddy? No? just your head? Hmm.... where else do we see this behavior? Oh right! MWO!! Torso = your head and your LEGS = the MECHS LEGS!!! Notice how you both continue the same path as you look at each other? Same in MWO, torso facing and leg facing are two diff things. Now, you know, and as the JOE's say: KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE! YO JOE!

#3652 Adrius ADI Manthays

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII - Solaris City - Silesia District

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

Hi & Sry for my bad English

Sry for Peoples he want 3rd View, but definitely NO for this arcade view in MWO! Today we have 95% Games with 3rd Views. It's enough! When i hear it the MWO comes with Cockpit View i'm very happy. I now this is also a generation problem.

Features with 3rd view in replays after battle or after dead with spectate mode. or practise missions in 3rd for beginner. it's be okay for me. but in the real MWO battles i will see only the 1st Person view. ;)

#3653 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

View PostGorthaur, on 21 January 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

QFT

#3654 Endless

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

no 3rd person!

#3655 DarkOmen42

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

4700+ votes and 90% agree. Since when do 90% of anyone agree on anything?

#3656 jrgong

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Huge NO. There are so many more important things that need doing. And dont give me the usual different departments spiel fanboys, this game needs alot of work and has been stagnating pretty hard over the past month ( its tough to find 8 mans at times and you see alot of the same faces when you do)

#3657 IBSteed

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

I know this thread has already been tallied, but I want to chime in anyways:
NO!!! Dont do it PGI! Don't kill the MechWarrior we've all been waiting so long for.

Aesthetically, it would be nice to see my shiny new mech marching around the battlefield with a fancy paint job. However, it would completely ruin gameplay! There's nothing quite like sneaking up behind someone and blasting away their rear armor before they even know there is anything behind them, let alone what it is or which way they are heading.
There are lots of other options to addressing the learning curve (which honestly is only a few matches) for new players. I like the plethora of tutorial ideas.

#3658 Adrius ADI Manthays

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII - Solaris City - Silesia District

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

after the great startup sequence nobody will 3rd! MWO going more and more to 1st Person Cockpit
Simulation! ;)

and this is good so!

Edited by Adrak Manta, 23 January 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#3659 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

90% agree that 3rd person view would be detrimental to the game. This is just about the only topic on which that percentage of the player base has ever agreed.

I think this topic has really run it's course by now - clearly to a first approximation nobody wants it.

That is all.

#3660 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostIBSteed, on 23 January 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Aesthetically, it would be nice to see my shiny new mech marching around the battlefield with a fancy paint job. However, it would completely ruin gameplay! There's nothing quite like sneaking up behind someone and blasting away their rear armor before they even know there is anything behind them, let alone what it is or which way they are heading.
There are lots of other options to addressing the learning curve (which honestly is only a few matches) for new players. I like the plethora of tutorial ideas.

gotta say it: this is proof positive that PGI has directly intended abuse of a very broken mechanic. The lack of radar is what makes this very thing possible. Canon and Lore implicitly state that this kind of tactic should be nigh on impossible if not flat out impossible. To quote the dev I have spoken with on this very thing, they CLAIM the lack of a real radar is a TACTICAL choice on their part, to which I say: BULL SH&&! They then spoke of the module that costs REAL money if you want it quick and is 15,000 GXP <hence the basically mandated need for an MC pay out> and is 2,000,000 C-Bills for something that canon wise is a BASIC item like our fusion engines in all our mechs. This sort of tactic is depressing on soo many levels because PGI engineered it into the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users