Issues/suggestions/bugs

10 replies to this topic

#1 B00MH34DSPL4T

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Hi there!

I've tried to play the game without being biased (I frigging love Mechwarrior!) and have noticed a few issues/bugs as well as a few suggestions. So, here we go:

> On the loading screen after clicking "Play" from the desktop icon, the Cry Engine 3 animation has a small white mark to the right side near the middle. At first I thought it was a dead pixel on my monitor but soon realised it was from the actual animation. Not sure if you guys fix it or if ti is down to the buys who make the Cry Engine 3.

> "Remember Password" should be an option on the log in screen. Many games have it and it really cuts time for those people who just want to get on and start playing.

> A tutorial mission should defiantly be added, just like with all the other MechWarrior games.

> Weapon Grouping should be also accessible in the MechLab as well as in-game. Sometimes you just want to get going!

> Weapon Stats/Damage/Heat Emission attributes need to be added! Some players want to really squeeze the damage out of their Mechs, this would help.

> At the moment you can select a Mech and go into the Loadout via the MechLab to see what weapons etc you can have without committing to the payment first. Perhaps expand on this so that you can select a mech you haven't bought and kit it out via the Loadout (as well as the upgrades?) to see what you can do. A "Buy All" button could be added to this function as well to buy the new mech as well as all the weapons and upgrades you've selected.

> Adding to the above point, if this was indeed done then the pre-configured weapon cost would be subtracted from the total cost of the mech.

> Hardpoints are a bit of a pain that can be avoided... The weight and slots limit players enough, no point in having a triple negative. Other Mechwarrior games haven't had this.. So why should this one?

> MC Tokens, perhaps add a converter so people can turn MC into Battlepoints? This would help the players most by using up useless MC points as well as increasing your sales.

I'll probably think of more later after a few more games, but so far this is an amazing game! Thank you for your hard work, it truly shows!

#2 B00MH34DSPL4T

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

One more came to mind as I was just setting my mech out for battle... Please add a few more mech types/variants with symmetrical weapon systems. I.E Same weapons on the left side as the right.

Little bit of OCD with this, I like my Mechs to look aesthetically pleasing as well as functional.

#3 SPARTAN 104

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

+1 Here's to hoping you don't get flamed out like the rest of us who put the time in to list all the bugs. Just watch out for the PDF. The Piranha Defense Force always blames you.

Edited by SPARTAN 104, 14 November 2012 - 06:30 AM.

#4 Mu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

1. What? I don't see how this is even remotely important let alone enough to be the first thing you bring up.

2. It's a security thing. Most of the online games I play either removed the remember password option or never had it.

3. They know.

4. They are doing this.

5. They are getting there...before we didn't even have the firepower bar or weapon descriptions. For now just use the forum thread with stats.

6. Would be nice, but if you check the guide forum there's a java mechlab you can use for practice. I really think they need to put an official mechlab up on the website.

7. I'd rather they just let us buy naked variants. I've wasted easily 20 million on parts I don't need and selling them doesn't give me much back.

8. MW4 had them in a way. If this game had no restrictions I'd be one shotting you with 5 gauss rifles every match...so you don't want that.

9. The heck is a battlepoint?

#5 B00MH34DSPL4T

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

Thanks Mu!

The first point isn't important, the list isn't in any order... However it is wrong and should be corrected. Simple, No? I can understand the security issues, but it should be an option, then it is down to the player on how secure they want to be. Good to hear about the tutorial and weapon grouping as well as adding stats etc...

The Mechlab Java is nice (need to find it now), but like you said, there needs to be something official.

And yes! I want naked mechs that you can completely build by yourself... From engine to armor to weapons.

MW1-3 didn't have it that way, the thing that should be stopping players from stacking and one shooting should be the weight and slots available, not hardpoints...

And sorry, I meant CBills not Battlepoints. No idea where i got that from, my backside perhaps xD

#6 Mu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

Not sure if I was clear enough there. The devs are WELL aware of how the customization was done in the older games and they rightly do not want this game to work like that. MW4 had much more limited customization compared to 2-3 but the game was still a laserboat snipefest thanks to clan mechs full of energy/omni hardpoints. I like it the way MWO handles it, but some people think it should be MORE restricted and take cues from MW4 which restricted hardpoints by weapon size as well. Being able to have fun in the mechlab is nice but getting killed in one hit every match isn't.

I don't think we need to be able to convert MC to c-bills. If you're desperate for them then you can just buy mechs and sell them (or as a better idea, sell the engines/weapons you don't want), but it's good that you generally have to actually play the game to get c-bills.

#7 B00MH34DSPL4T

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

To be fair, my only reason for wanting to remove hard-points is because of the aesthetics. By having a naked build like you said and allow players to put the weapons they want in the slots they want (with hard-points still in effect) it would be just as nice.

#8 B00MH34DSPL4T

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Another one here. Players should be able to re-name their Mech's other than on creation. Sometimes the loadout is changed and the name originally given no longer fits.

#9 Reoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

This forum tends to get a lot of posting, you might want to try the SUGGESTION FORUM so it won't get lost.

#10 Captain Chloroform

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

I've really been trying to be patient being an open beta, but one bug in particular will almost always make me close MWO (i truly do love mechwarrior) and walk away. Whenever i do any kind of purchase to upgrade my weapons loadout i'll click save but then my mechs disappear from the bays/garage, regardless where i navigate from there i can't continue until i restart the program.

Doesn't matter what mech i'm currently working with, what weapons/ammo i'm swapping out or anything the result will always be the same until i close out then restart the client.

Anyone else having this particular issue?

#11 Pangorin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostTheEscapist, on 18 November 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

I've really been trying to be patient being an open beta, but one bug in particular will almost always make me close MWO (i truly do love mechwarrior) and walk away. Whenever i do any kind of purchase to upgrade my weapons loadout i'll click save but then my mechs disappear from the bays/garage, regardless where i navigate from there i can't continue until i restart the program.

Doesn't matter what mech i'm currently working with, what weapons/ammo i'm swapping out or anything the result will always be the same until i close out then restart the client.

Anyone else having this particular issue?

You have it always?
I had this a few times, but not always!
Did you wrote a ticket? Or did you posted this in the Feedback forum?
I don´t know exactly, but as fas as I remember this is a known issue, but anyway, if you have a problem like this you need to post this within the Feedback forum!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users