• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 10 October 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Oh,great, now they should make money with "official" Trials, quiaff? <_<
What i say is that they have no time to stick around in official announcment thread for more than a day to answer questions, so why should they have time to do tournaments like that? Remember that there is not any built feature to do a tournament aside from random matches. And in this way if you want to keep close to canon (and PGI is not famous for sticking to it) then for every tournament only 1 player will achieve a Bloodname each time..
And they should have to organize at least a ToB for each of the invading Clans..

As you can see the best thing would be to have private matches = tools to make our own ToBs. ;)

Have they made money off the tourneys they have run so far? It shouldn't be to hard to limit the "Trial" of those of the Proper Clan. Guess that is a bit of CW that should be looked at. Or it could be a Loyalty point perk. I would not like it to take this route but it is an option I guess.

Just a thought. Once The Clans are introduced or before if you have enough players. Murphy's Law has run a couple inter Unit Tourneys. All you need are 2 12 man teams (now) and some luck at Sync drops. Then you can run something like this and what do you know a organized (semi) tournament.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 10 October 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#102 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 October 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Have they made money off the tourneys they have run so far? It shouldn't be to hard to limit the "Trial" of those of the Proper Clan. Guess that is a bit of CW that should be looked at. Or it could be a Loyalty point perk. I would not like it to take this route but it is an option I guess.

Just a thought. Once The Clans are introduced or before if you have enough players. Murphy's Law has run a couple inter Unit Tourneys. All you need are 2 12 man teams (now) and some luck at Sync drops. Then you can run something like this and what do you know a organized (semi) tournament.

Anyway PGI will never organize tournaments. Those you refer to are only leaderboards if you mean the challenges like Assault vs the world.. I say again, if we will have private servers, we'll be able to do all the tournaments we want even more easily.
And actually we are trying to organize a new internal tournament.

#103 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 10 October 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Anyway PGI will never organize tournaments. Those you refer to are only leaderboards if you mean the challenges like Assault vs the world.. I say again, if we will have private servers, we'll be able to do all the tournaments we want even more easily.
And actually we are trying to organize a new internal tournament.

Well the Inner Unit Tourney I linked was ran over 2 maybe 3 days. Bloodname Tourneys could be run the same way by each Clan. We did it without a private server. I hear the 12 v 12 drops are pretty vacant so it is still in the realm of probability to have your Tourney to determine who gets the MWO Bloodnames.

#104 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 October 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Well the Inner Unit Tourney I linked was ran over 2 maybe 3 days. Bloodname Tourneys could be run the same way by each Clan. We did it without a private server. I hear the 12 v 12 drops are pretty vacant so it is still in the realm of probability to have your Tourney to determine who gets the MWO Bloodnames.

Aff, it is possible. My points are:
-Would be easier and smoother with private servers;
-PGI would & should never organize "official" Trials for Clan players

#105 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 10 October 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Aff, it is possible. My points are:
-Would be easier and smoother with private servers;
I won't agrue this point, but is it cost effective?

-PGI would & should never organize "official" Trials for Clan players
Their game, their Playground, Their rules. If they don't run it they still need to have a hand in keeping the Bloodcount and have final say in case of a dispute. With Characters never dying, How would Bloodnames get transferred/vacated? FanPro was looking at "activity" being a clause for instance.

#106 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

And yet, MS never tried to dictate how those things would be done. PGI or any entity for that matter cannot control what happens in a Clan/House/Merc Unit. How would you even have "official" Trials when you cannot even have an official Clan since it is canon & forbidden? :D

It will be handled as it has always been, privately by the people who are in the groups they chose to put together and/or join. :blink:

#107 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 10 October 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

. How would you even have "official" Trials when you cannot even have an official Clan since it is canon & forbidden? :D

This is really a good point :blink:
We should not exist so PGI cannot say how we do things.

#108 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Exactly. :D

Posted Image

En garde, Joseph Mallan! Thrust, parry & riposte!

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 10 October 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#109 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 10 October 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Exactly. :D

Posted Image

En garde, Joseph Mallan! Thrust, parry & riposte!

Posted Image

#110 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

ROFLMAO :D :blink: :D :lol: :lol:

Posted Image

#111 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by CyclonerM, 10 October 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#112 Pht

• 2,299 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

You might mention winnowing and reaving.

#113 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 10 October 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

And yet, MS never tried to dictate how those things would be done. PGI or any entity for that matter cannot control what happens in a Clan/House/Merc Unit. How would you even have "official" Trials when you cannot even have an official Clan since it is canon & forbidden? :(

It will be handled as it has always been, privately by the people who are in the groups they chose to put together and/or join. :)
That depends on what you mean by control. CBT controls how many of what Bloodnames were/are being given out to CBT players through the Commando/Agent program as I Illustrated above. Those names handed out by Reps were the official carriers of any Bloodname won.

There is only one Clan Wolf, so which group of players is THE Clan Wolf? Who is the Khan and saKhan? How were they chosen? House Units are being controlled by the DEVS as was said at the Launch Party, so it would follow that your Khans are also going to wear a DEVs hat. So that each official Clan is kept to the story line they set up.

Microsoft didn't care about the IP of the game, so long as you bought the game. They had more than MechWarrior to make money on so would not care what you did once they had our money.

Its easy to have a Trial for an Official name so long as you were not being given one of the Necessary names. Those being used in Canon. So there would be several Kerensky slots that are held for Say Ulric, Natasha, and any other Bloodname canon character. As there would be for Hazen, Jorgennson and other canon Characters. So PGI could hand out say the 10 Kerensky names associated with Nicholas an 15 for Andrey. Depending on how many names are associated with each Legacy. If there isn't a lot of data on that then PGI can just make a best guess and call that official.

You are partly wrong. PGI Can control what they want to control. Cause if you make a big enough sink they can just cancel your account. PGI Controls the Official factions, They even control the Merc Commands to a degree. Can we group up in Level IIs(6man) or a Century as the Marian Hegemony uses? Well MH is a bad example cause they use teams of 5 much like the Clans. See there is in fact quite a bit they can do to control what happens in their game. If you did not get your Bloodname from CatLab/FanPro/FASA, your standing of having a Bloodname is not as official as you think. You could not go to a Official event and claim you own your Bloodname.

I was wrong about when My daughter won her Kerensky Bloodname. She won it at age 7 (15 years ago). Though she has the paperwork to back up her claim, CatLab does not have to honor FASAs documentation, neither does PGI. In fact, you don't even have to recognize her claim.

So until PGI announces how/if they will handle Bloodnames, nobody has to recognize any claims.

BTW... If you won a Bloodname why didn't you Use it as your MWO name???

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 11 October 2013 - 06:01 AM.

#114 McQuackers

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

The clans always made me laugh with their syntax rules. "Contractions are for the weak! But it's ok to use portmanteaus like Sibko (Sibling Company) or ristar (rising star)."

#115 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostMcQuackers, on 11 October 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

The clans always made me laugh with their syntax rules. "Contractions are for the weak! But it's ok to use portmanteaus like Sibko (Sibling Company) or ristar (rising star)."

An interesting point. Both are forms of lingual shorthand.

#116 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 11 October 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

That depends on what you mean by control. CBT controls how many of what Bloodnames were/are being given out to CBT players through the Commando/Agent program as I Illustrated above. Those names handed out by Reps were the official carriers of any Bloodname won.

There is only one Clan Wolf, so which group of players is THE Clan Wolf? Who is the Khan and saKhan? How were they chosen? House Units are being controlled by the DEVS as was said at the Launch Party, so it would follow that your Khans are also going to wear a DEVs hat. So that each official Clan is kept to the story line they set up.

Microsoft didn't care about the IP of the game, so long as you bought the game. They had more than MechWarrior to make money on so would not care what you did once they had our money.

Its easy to have a Trial for an Official name so long as you were not being given one of the Necessary names. Those being used in Canon. So there would be several Kerensky slots that are held for Say Ulric, Natasha, and any other Bloodname canon character. As there would be for Hazen, Jorgennson and other canon Characters. So PGI could hand out say the 10 Kerensky names associated with Nicholas an 15 for Andrey. Depending on how many names are associated with each Legacy. If there isn't a lot of data on that then PGI can just make a best guess and call that official.

You are partly wrong. PGI Can control what they want to control. Cause if you make a big enough sink they can just cancel your account. PGI Controls the Official factions, They even control the Merc Commands to a degree. Can we group up in Level IIs(6man) or a Century as the Marian Hegemony uses? Well MH is a bad example cause they use teams of 5 much like the Clans. See there is in fact quite a bit they can do to control what happens in their game. If you did not get your Bloodname from CatLab/FanPro/FASA, your standing of having a Bloodname is not as official as you think. You could not got to a Official event and claim you own your Bloodname.

I was wrong about when My daughter won her Kerensky Bloodname. She won it at age 7 (15 years ago). Though she has the paperwork to back up her claim, CatLab does not have to honor FASAs documentation, neither does PGI. In fact, you don't even have to recognize her claim.

So until PGI announces how/if they will handle Bloodnames, nobody has to recognize any claims.

BTW... If you won a Bloodname why didn't you Use it as your MWO name???

I mean exactly what control means. What is so interesting is that the Clan i was formerly with, accepted Bloodnames that were verified from previous Mechwarrior games but not the TT. So AGAIN the individual Clan dictates its own policies & procedures, you do not matter or factor into the equation in any way, shape or form.

In the lore yes there is only one of each Clan but as much as I love the lore, this is RL & certain concessions & compromises have to be made. There is more than one Clan Wolf in just the US alone. There are Germans Wolves & Russians as well. The same goes for Falcons & Bears though I cannot speak for the Jaguars. The fact of the matter is in RL you cannot deny the experience a group of people want to have. We are not actually fighting battles on a constant basis where warriors actually die leaving vacant slots for warriors of a certain BloodHouse to contend for a Bloodname. Who are you to deny them their experience. If MS did not do it......well I said that already did I not?

I am not sure if the history can go back that far but I will check my profile to see. I made a draft of what I would like to see happen with the Clans. I did say I did not want the Khan or saKhan to be a human. In fact I specifically stated that the highest rank a human could achieve was Galaxy Commander. I stated that to be ONE Clan, each group should become a Galaxy, that way they retain their internal command structure & not have strangers control them. That way each group can represent the Clan they want.

Oh speaking on behalf of MS now are we? Well whether they did "care" or not the fact remains they did NOT attempt to control it at all. THE END. No it is not seeing as none of these Clans will be legitimately recognized.

No I was not wrong at ALL. PGI does not control the inner workings of a Clan/House/Merc Unit. Should a unit want to deploy their mechs in groups of three as does the CC. They are more than welcome to especially now as there are 12 mechs. A Clan can say they are using 2 Star + 2 mechs, the result of a bid. PGI does not control that. There is no stink to BE made.

The problem with that though, is that this is not MW5 where they made the game & left us players to do what we do. No no, like the people who decided to make The Old Republic instead of Knights of the Old Republic 3, they chose an approach where they can get money on a consistent basis & we see how that turned out. As you saw, you can only push the people so far. So randomly cancelling peoples accounts will not be in their best interest. You see if a stink IS made, they are the ones who would feel it. Exhibit A - Project Phoenix mass refund. Notice how Bryan is answering questions about the upcoming content, sitting down & actually talking to us as human beings who want information & not just walking $ bills they shove into their wallet? I wonder what brought that on?

It is we the people that fuel this franchise sir. Certainly MS, FASA & now PGI have made the vehicle but WE are the fuel. If nobody wanted to play, what would they do? Pre the Garth-PPMR debacle, we took a lot of stuff on our shoulders & bore it. Post the Garth-PPMR debacle, we are being given information on a timely basis & having our concerns addressed & our questions answered.

I am happy for your daughter.

Because I did not know that Bloodnames won in previous titles would be recognized. I decided to make a new character.

EDIT: Found it.

http://mwomercs.com/...cess-1st-draft/

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 11 October 2013 - 06:38 AM.

#117 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 11 October 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

I mean exactly what control means. What is so interesting is that the Clan i was formerly with, accepted Bloodnames that were verified from previous Mechwarrior games but not the TT. So AGAIN the individual Clan dictates its own policies & procedures, you do not matter or factor into the equation in any way, shape or form.
Thing is that Clan is not here, nor is it run by PGI. If I walked in to your Clan and claimed to be Joseph Kerensky, would you recognize my Bloodname? Why would a PGI run Clan (canon to MWO) have to recognize either of our claims? Once you have a core of Bloodnamed players for the clan then you can amend how the Clan would run things. But to come in and assume that what was good enough before will fly now, is a bit of a mistake.

In the lore yes there is only one of each Clan but as much as I love the lore, this is RL & certain concessions & compromises have to be made. There is more than one Clan Wolf in just the US alone. There are Germans Wolves & Russians as well. The same goes for Falcons & Bears though I cannot speak for the Jaguars. The fact of the matter is in RL you cannot deny the experience a group of people want to have. We are not actually fighting battles on a constant basis where warriors actually die leaving vacant slots for warriors of a certain BloodHouse to contend for a Bloodname. Who are you to deny them their experience. If MS did not do it......well I said that already did I not?
To maintain your Bloodname you need to be an active player. It's fairly simple for PGI/Clan leaders to identify an Inactive player. The names won from the Commandos were good for one year(or more if very active), and any player that was not "active" were then counted as "dead" and that Bloodname was put up for Trail. The details of what counts as vacant would be up to each Clan I would figure.

I am not sure if the history can go back that far but I will check my profile to see. I made a draft of what I would like to see happen with the Clans. I did say I did not want the Khan or saKhan to be a human. In fact I specifically stated that the highest rank a human could achieve was Galaxy Commander. I stated that to be ONE Clan, each group should become a Galaxy, that way they retain their internal command structure & not have strangers control them. That way each group can represent the Clan they want.
http://mwomercs.com/...cess-1st-draft/
Some good stuff there Jaroth. {I'm afraid there doesn't need to be more than one Clan Wolf. As there are more than one Galaxy of Wolf Warriors Each timezone can be broke down into a different Galaxy, thus grouping the like time zones together for ease of play.This could even be broke down by Cluster so that every timezone can be part of any Galaxy. It is not so difficult to arrange.} <--- This I wrote out even before I read your take, so we are actually close to the same page!

The 10th Lyran Guard will be headed by PGI employees as I heard and read it, so why would that not hold true for Clans. As such PGI would be telling the Clan players what unit they would start in, What rank they begin at. They should have a set number of Bloodnames available for each legacy, which is to be earned be the Clan players as they earn their Loyalty points. Each level of notoriety would cost more points to bit for. And of course the players would then have to battle to earn them. If Murphy's Law can coordinate a Inner Law Tourney and run it over 2-3 days A Bloodname tourney should be a piece of cake.

Oh speaking on behalf of MS now are we? Well whether they did "care" or not the fact remains they did NOT attempt to control it at all. THE END. No it is not seeing as none of these Clans will be legitimately recognized.

No I was not wrong at ALL. PGI does not control the inner workings of a Clan/House/Merc Unit. Should a unit want to deploy their mechs in groups of three as does the CC. They are more than welcome to especially now as there are 12 mechs. A Clan can say they are using 2 Star + 2 mechs, the result of a bid. PGI does not control that. There is no stink to BE made.
The problem with that though, is that this is not MW5 where they made the game & left us players to do what we do. No no, like the people who decided to make The Old Republic instead of Knights of the Old Republic 3, they chose an approach where they can get money on a consistent basis & we see how that turned out. As you saw, you can only push the people so far. So randomly cancelling peoples accounts will not be in their best interest. You see if a stink IS made, they are the ones who would feel it. Exhibit A - Project Phoenix mass refund. Notice how Bryan is answering questions about the upcoming content, sitting down & actually talking to us as human beings who want information & not just walking $ bills they shove into their wallet? I wonder what brought that on?
What Microsoft did or didn't do has no bearing here though. We will have to wait and see who is right about deployment. PGI may or may not restrict Clans to 5 person stars. I would lay odds on them being lazy and allowing them to stay restricted to 4 man lances. :rolleyes:

It is we the people that fuel this franchise sir. Certainly MS, FASA & now PGI have made the vehicle but WE are the fuel. If nobody wanted to play, what would they do? Pre the Garth-PPMR debacle, we took a lot of stuff on our shoulders & bore it. Post the Garth-PPMR debacle, we are being given information on a timely basis & having our concerns addressed & our questions answered.
I have been fueling this franchise for 30 years now. I have sunk thousands of dollars and countless hours immersed in it. I've even been an insider as a Demo Rep. There was a huge fan outcry to just rewrite the Jihad era of CBT. The DEVs said No, and the game continued on. Losing some players and gaining others. The makers of the game did what they thought was best for the game and in 2008 Blake Ascending was published! And we were pissed at a lot of it!

I am happy for your daughter.
No where near as happy as I am!

Because I did not know that Bloodnames won in previous titles would be recognized. I decided to make a new character.
That's a square answer. B)

#118 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 11 October 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Thing is that Clan is not here, nor is it run by PGI. If I walked in to your Clan and claimed to be Joseph Kerensky, would you recognize my Bloodname?

Fortunately for me, the Smoke Jaguar unit I won my Bloodname with in MW4 is actually still around & I was able to gather & provide proof to my former Clan as well as my current one, Ghost Bear (www.ghost-bear-command.com) that I did win the Corbett Bloodname, which they both accepted. Once you have proof, you are good. However my former Clan had a stipulation that only Bloodnames won in Mechwarrior games, with proof of course, would be recognized. We had a guy who won his in a TT tournament & his claim was not recognized. Each Clan does things differently.

Why would a PGI run Clan (canon to MWO) have to recognize either of our claims?

There has never been a MS or FASA run Clan. We the people create and/or join the units we associate ourselves with be it a Clan, a House or a Merc Unit. What if some people wanted to join a group associated with the Periphery who would stop them?

Once you have a core of Bloodnamed players for the clan then you can amend how the Clan would run things.

And just how would you go about gathering this "core" group of Bloodnamed players to begin with? Hold a ToB everyday? That would cheapen the experience. How about people who have earned Bloodnames before......... but then you would have to legitimize their claims would you not? B)

To maintain your Bloodname you need to be an active player. It's fairly simple for PGI/Clan leaders to identify an Inactive player. The names won from the Commandos were good for one year(or more if very active), and any player that was not "active" were then counted as "dead" and that Bloodname was put up for Trail. The details of what counts as vacant would be up to each Clan I would figure.

I can see problems that I would have detailed in some previous thread & post regarding this issue.

Some good stuff there Jaroth. {I'm afraid there doesn't need to be more than one Clan Wolf. As there are more than one Galaxy of Wolf Warriors Each timezone can be broke down into a different Galaxy, thus grouping the like time zones together for ease of play.This could even be broke down by Cluster so that every timezone can be part of any Galaxy. It is not so difficult to arrange.} <--- This I wrote out even before I read your take, so we are actually close to the same page!

I take it you are referring to my draft on how the Clans should be implemented. In that case, thank you. If you do share the same sentiments, then I am glad we can agree on something. Have you seen my idea regarding Bloodnames? I posted a link to it in the draft.

The 10th Lyran Guard will be headed by PGI employees as I heard and read it, so why would that not hold true for Clans. As such PGI would be telling the Clan players what unit they would start in, What rank they begin at. They should have a set number of Bloodnames available for each legacy, which is to be earned be the Clan players as they earn their Loyalty points. Each level of notoriety would cost more points to bit for. And of course the players would then have to battle to earn them. If Murphy's Law can coordinate a Inner Law Tourney and run it over 2-3 days A Bloodname tourney should be a piece of cake.

It is a piece of cake & has been since MW3, where we the players have been doing it without MS, FASA & certainly PGI. We have had Trials of Grievance, Position, Possession, Refusal & Bloodright for all these years without the holder of the IP being involved. WE have been doing that. US.

What Microsoft did or didn't do has no bearing here though. We will have to wait and see who is right about deployment. PGI may or may not restrict Clans to 5 person stars. I would lay odds on them being lazy and allowing them to stay restricted to 4 man lances. :rolleyes:

To a certain degree you are right because those games were FINISHED products that were released by "them", bought by "us" & that was that. We went our separate ways. This is a different experience but again. What if a CC sub unit choose to deploy their mechs in groups of three as I mentioned before? Who could stop them? with 12 mechs on the field that would be four groups of three. So even if the grouping at the start of the match shows FOUR FOUR FOUR on the HUD, on TS3 or Ventrilo or whatever they use, that sub unit would coordinate & organize themselves into the play-style THEY want.

I have been fueling this franchise for 30 years now. I have sunk thousands of dollars and countless hours immersed in it. I've even been an insider as a Demo Rep. There was a huge fan outcry to just rewrite the Jihad era of CBT. The DEVs said No, and the game continued on. Losing some players and gaining others. The makers of the game did what they thought was best for the game and in 2008 Blake Ascending was published! And we were pissed at a lot of it!

Ok so that was your experience there. Here people got to a point where they said enough was enough & asked for a refund. PGI was put on notice. As much as I love this franchise, I will NOT be putting any more $ into something I do not like, where I am treated as a sale rather than a human being. If MWO gets too messed up, I would leave. I would rather have my good memories of MW4 than pay $ for something that is not making me happy.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 11 October 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#119 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Removed Shu-Li as a Bloodname.

Added the following Bloodnames:

S

Sánchez Niklaus CBS
Sinjab, Ramazan CBS
Santos Carlos CBr
Sereysothea Tamerlan CBr
Sheridan Brucalter CCC
Sorokina Keith CCy
Stuczynski Samantha CCy
Sóbis Renata CGB
Sang Boris CGS
Snell Malik CGS
Solheim Sherone CGS
Steding Michael CHH
Slyusareva Brenda CIH
Sais Borislav CMn
Suzuki Melaine CMn
Smethurst Maria CDS
Sutherland Jack CDS
Schipper Patricia CSJ
Sykora Victor CSJ
Said Rod CWm
Soon-Young Marc CWm
Susanu Magnus CWm
Seles Li CWf
Sebrle Matthias CWv
Sergent Francis CWv
Sobral Nelson CWv

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 11 October 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#120 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 11 October 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Fortunately for me, the Smoke Jaguar unit I won my Bloodname with in MW4 is actually still around &amp; I was able to gather &amp; provide proof to my former Clan as well as my current one, Ghost Bear (www.ghost-bear-command.com) that I did win the Corbett Bloodname, which they both accepted. Once you have proof, you are good. However my former Clan had a stipulation that only Bloodnames won in Mechwarrior games, with proof of course, would be recognized. We had a guy who won his in a TT tournament &amp; his claim was not recognized. Each Clan does things differently.
his is all well and good, so long as PGI is good with it. if they say otherwise, all your present agreements go out the window. Cause no matter how had you (or I) deny it PGI has the final say What will happen in their game. It would be the same as coming to my table and telling me you are Galaxy Commander Jaroth Corbett of Clan Ghost Bear. Sorry But I didn't give you that Bloodname or rank.

I had a player who said he was battling the Falcons. He had a Merc regiment. I told him he was free to continue his campaign so long as he had a detailed unit list and submitted his plan attack. I would use the forces I had rolled up for our table. They were allocated according to the Source books. He id not do as well as he ha been doing and gave up the idea.

There has never been a MS or FASA run Clan. We the people create and/or join the units we associate ourselves with be it a Clan, a House or a Merc Unit. What if some people wanted to join a group associated with the Periphery who would stop them?
You are wrong. The Commandos and Agents were running events that were canon events, I was the only Commando to run Trial of Retribution in Michigan, the naval battle between the Ghost Bears and Nova Cats that ended up becoming canon in the sourcebooks. Presently there are not Periphery Factions... So We could say we were but I don't see that happening.

And just how would you go about gathering this "core" group of Bloodnamed players to begin with? Hold a ToB everyday? That would cheapen the experience. How about people who have earned Bloodnames before......... but then you would have to legitimize their claims would you not? B)
There are some ways. I would primarily hand out the first group of names to players who have helped the Clan get organized and off the ground first choice. They proved their value to the Clan already. Then I'd allow them the right to pick X number of players they feel are worthy. After that I'd contact those with the most Time in service Closed Beta first, the Open Beta. Once those Billets are filled, your clan would have Trials to fill however many remaining MechWarrior names are left.

I can see problems that I would have detailed in some previous thread & post regarding this issue.
No doubt you have, I am throwing out initial ideas. I am not saying that the system would not need to be fleshed out and scrutinized. This isn't my first rodeo.

I take it you are referring to my draft on how the Clans should be implemented. In that case, thank you. If you do share the same sentiments, then I am glad we can agree on something. Have you seen my idea regarding Bloodnames? I posted a link to it in the draft.
You are welcome. I don't think I read that far (I am at work right now :rolleyes: )

It is a piece of cake & has been since MW3, where we the players have been doing it without MS, FASA & certainly PGI. We have had Trials of Grievance, Position, Possession, Refusal & Bloodright for all these years without the holder of the IP being involved. WE have been doing that. US.
And none of it has been official. Back in the day I was just a forum rat over at HeavyMetal Pro, I downloaded a bunch of House rules from a member there David McCulloch(aka MacAttack) His house rules included, LAM Updates, Battle Armor Construction Rules, Super Heavy Mechs & Tripod Mechs. They were not real rules. You did not have to use them, you did not have to allow them... But David went on to become a CBT writer an while MechWarrior:DarkAge was catching flack for having a SuperHeavy Tripod Mech I was working with Rick Raisley make/test HeavyMetal Lite the infantry and Battle Armor rules that Dave created a couple years prior. And now there are the same rules in CBT to make LAMs and Super Heavy Mechs!

Where this lil side track was going is that if you have a good idea and are willing to let the DEVs tap you, your ideas for Handling Bloodnames could be made into the "Official" way to handle things. Which would not be a bad thing. But until there is a set method, Nobody here has to acknowledge anyone's claim.

To a certain degree you are right because those games were FINISHED products that were released by "them", bought by "us" & that was that. We went our separate ways. This is a different experience but again. What if a CC sub unit choose to deploy their mechs in groups of three as I mentioned before? Who could stop them? with 12 mechs on the field that would be four groups of three. So even if the grouping at the start of the match shows FOUR FOUR FOUR on the HUD, on TS3 or Ventrilo or whatever they use, that sub unit would coordinate & organize themselves into the play-style THEY want.
That is a nice loophole in the present MM system & can be used to make 2 ComGuard Lvl2s also :wacko:

Ok so that was your experience there. Here people got to a point where they said enough was enough & asked for a refund. PGI was put on notice. As much as I love this franchise, I will NOT be putting any more $ into something I do not like, where I am treated as a sale rather than a human being. If MWO gets too messed up, I would leave. I would rather have my good memories of MW4 than pay $ for something that is not making me happy.
I haven't spent a dime on MWO since March or early April. They were put on Notice back in CB and still gave us Consumables, and 3pV, 2 Missions in the last Year of play and a sketchy at best connection... Has that not been your experience also?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users