• The God
  • The God
  • 11 posts
  • Locationnederland

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

if u want a lot of pr 4 the game and new player's

Why don’t u put it on steam with a starter pack

let say one mech ore …. cblis fore ....$

and yes i know steam takes like 30% of the $ sale but huge new player base there

Edited by bollemrk, 16 November 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#2 AtomicFrawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 173 posts
  • LocationLafayette, La

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

I can see this being a good thing, but only when they add more content.

Ps: People on this side of the world can read (believe it or not), No need for large bold text. ;)

Edited by AtomicFrawg, 16 November 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#3 _Rorschach_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

I'll just come out of the closet and say it: I'm a fan of Steam. I like the overlay and the social features.

But I think MWO is not yet ready to be on Steam, even if the devs wanted. When the huge playerbase that uses Steam tries MWO and concludes it's kind of buggy, grindy and lacks content without realizing it's a work in progress (which is a serious concern, since even some people here on the forums complain about things we all (should) know are being worked on) many of them will probably never give it a second chance. That would be a lot of potential lost right there.

It would be awesome though if the devs could tweak MWO and the launcher so adding it as a non-Steam game to my library allowed me to use the overlay and it would show my status as playing MWO. A number of games do have this functionality and I think it's a neat feature. But I guess it's kinda low priority ;)

#4 Noth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

View Postpack wolf, on 16 November 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

I'll just come out of the closet and say it: I'm a fan of Steam. I like the overlay and the social features.

But I think MWO is not yet ready to be on Steam, even if the devs wanted. When the huge playerbase that uses Steam tries MWO and concludes it's kind of buggy, grindy and lacks content without realizing it's a work in progress (which is a serious concern, since even some people here on the forums complain about things we all (should) know are being worked on) many of them will probably never give it a second chance. That would be a lot of potential lost right there.

It would be awesome though if the devs could tweak MWO and the launcher so adding it as a non-Steam game to my library allowed me to use the overlay and it would show my status as playing MWO. A number of games do have this functionality and I think it's a neat feature. But I guess it's kinda low priority ;)

This already happens. i forget which one i added, but when I launch it from the steam browser I get the overlay and it says I'm playing MWO.

#5 Imagine Dragons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationLV-223

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

IIRC the Devs tried to see if they could get MWO somewhat Steam intergrated...

However, they ultimately decided against it because PGI would not be able to control the flow of updates to their own liking...

Something along those lines anyway...

#6 Ceribus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 230 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

I agree that steam would do awesome things for this game but it needs to wait till after the beta

#7 KylleX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, Oregon

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

I was actually just coming here to state this same thing and noticed this topic, I am 100% in favor of PGI placing MWO on steam WHEN IT IS READY! right now would flop the game hard on the service and it would die a painful death similar to that crap-shoot Super Monday Night Combat (I am a fan of MNC but SMNC is crap). just being able to group with friends and maybe add in community features like achievements and workshop (for maybe hud tweaks and UI overhauls) would be fantastic! I love STEAM and I love MWO be like borderlands and mash up my favorite things damn it!

#8 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

They allready stated they wont do it because of the cost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users