3 replies to this topic

#1 FerretGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hi Folks,

I did a quick search; apologies if this option has been suggested before.

I find, for my setup, at least, the audio output of MWO is unpredictable. It outputs audio to the source I have selected when I boot into the game, but usually retains that source when I switch to another default audio source in Windows. I've taken advantage of this in the past, ie. I'll boot the game sending audio to the headphones, and then switch the default to HDMI so that the wife can stream videos or what have you on the TV while I game. This has become a little less predictable as of late; nothing a client restart doesn't fix, but it'd be simpler if we could simply select the audio output in game.

So I guess that's my suggestion: have audio output selectable in Options; ie. a choice between the default system audio and ignoring the default and using a specific source from the options available. It'd help people whose PCs are multitasking.

Cheers!

#2 Jadel Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

Is that something you have seen in other games?

I always set it in Windows but I don't usually have two outputs.

#3 FerretGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

It's something I've seen in other software. I don't do much PC gaming but I'll check it out!

#4 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

I actually recently noticed in the logs that the game engine is always assuming my speaker configuration is 5.1 even when I've plugged in headphones (which autotriggers the switch to headphones) before launching the game.

I'll fiddle with Windows and Creative's management interfaces to see which one actually makes a difference.

Also, for Windows Vista and up you should be able to have the game access the Playback Devices from the operating system. This list of devices should provide a drop-down to select from in-game. I'd also suggest a selection for output mode: "Headphones", "2.0", "2.1", "4/Quad", "5.1" and "7.1" for example.

Edited by CompproB237, 17 November 2012 - 02:34 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users