#1 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Maybe a bug, dont know.

I have been watching closely lately XP gained as I have been trying to complete trees on some of my mechs.

During the battle MY mech scores the 'component destruction' bonus. Yet when the enemy mech is killed by another team mate, I do not get a 'kill assist'.

Did this change and I am just not realizing it? That could very well be as i did not watch this closely before.

Another example, I am in a 'furball' with an enemy shooting him with my lasers and/or streaks or whatever (srms, ac10s, gauss...) and a team mate again kills the enemy I am fighting. Again no assist bonus shows up.

At the end of the game, when the scoreboard shows up, I get assists that match what show on screen during the match, but the ones I think I should have rec'd are not there (nor did they show on screen in battle).

Is this a bug or did something change? Anyone else notice this? Like I said, until I focused on XP to complete trees, I really didnt care and did not notice or in truth, I did not pay attention.

#2 Snib

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

View Postvettie, on 17 November 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

During the battle MY mech scores the 'component destruction' bonus. Yet when the enemy mech is killed by another team mate, I do not get a 'kill assist'.

Confirming this, happens randomly. Whether I do get the reward at the end or not I would not be able to say though, not watching that closely.

#3 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

I've noticed this primarily with missle boats and it happening VERY often. I'll be damaging almost all the 'mechs (per watching my missles land and the light up damage on the 'paper doll' of the enemy on my display), then at the end of the round, I'll have only one or two assists, instead of the 7 or 8...

#4 Deonmag

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Happens for sure every 2-3 games.

#5 Nooee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 155 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

I have also ran into this problem with LRM's and lasers. I have also scored some kills that I did not get credit for. :huh:

#6 Snib

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Yep, just killed two live mechs in a row, got the kill messages with their player name, i.e. they hadn't quickly disconnected as some do, but only one on the score board.

Edited by Snib, 17 November 2012 - 02:30 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users