Well Rounded Atlas D Build!

2 replies to this topic

#1 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hello!

If you've seen me in battle, chances are I'm in one of my 3 Jenners causing havoc. However, I also pilot Atlases.

Recently, I just finished my Elite tier in all 3 of my Jenners so I decided to work on my elite tiers of my Atlases. I was looking at my original Atlas D build and felt it was lacking.

Originally, it had the following:

300 XL Engine
Single Heat Sinks
Standard Structure and Armor (608 points)
2 Large Lasers
1 Gauss Rifle
1 LRM 20

I couldn't quite put a finger on it, but I just felt like it wasn't enough. I played around with some builds and found one I'm quite happy with for the moment:

300 XL Engine
30 Single Heat Sinks
Same armor and structure
3 Large Lasers
1 Ultra AC/5 (3 tons ammo)
2 Streak SRM 2's (2 tons ammo)
1 Beagle Active Probe

The 3rd Large Laser is in the center torso, and I only fire it when I know all 3 of my lasers will hit. When I'm up close hitting a fast moving target, I only use the arm mounted ones. This saves me the heat and allows me to repeatedly fire the 2 large lasers along with the SRMS without heat issues, with the occasional AC 5 shot in between. If you time your enemy, you'll know when they'll shoot. Timing your AC shots before they want to shoot will rock them and make it hard for them to land lasers or PPC/AC shots.

To prove my point, I also have a screen shot from one of my recent matches. I'll post it here in a sec.

#2 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Posted Image

Also lol at 400 xp for spotting assists, BAP and the Targeting module are pretty awesome.

#3 mickz0r

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

fap fap fap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users