Hunchie?

27 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Hunchie? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Hunchie

1. HBK-4G (37 votes [52.86%])

Percentage of vote: 52.86%

2. HBK-4H (33 votes [47.14%])

Percentage of vote: 47.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Lobo Feroz

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

I picked up the G because I wanted to try out different ballasitcs setups. I find that I just end up using the AC/20 instead of multiple smaller guns. The AC/20 gets blown off pretty much every fight and a lot of times before I've gotten a chace to fire it. I'd be better off if I would have gotten an H.

I've got all of the basic skills unlocked on the G but I'm not sure I want to grind out the elite skills on it, I'm thinking about trading it in for an H.

#22 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

You have to play the 4G more like an assassin. You hang out with some one who is more dangerous then you, let him grab the attention and then you nail your shots on his target.

#23 Golden Sentinel

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostHauser, on 25 November 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

You have to play the 4G more like an assassin. You hang out with some one who is more dangerous then you, let him grab the attention and then you nail your shots on his target.

Technically, that's how I play all 4 of my Hunchbacks. I stuff a 260 standard engine in there, and hide in the shadows about midfield while I wait for the rest of the team to engage the enemy. Then I dash in and start backstabbing enemies while they're distracted.

#24 Zynk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

You can put 3 A/C2's on the -G but do not hold the fire key down as it will over heat fast (30 heat in 5 sec's) and do not use chain fire as it fires to fast for the 3 guns.

#25 AxeHammer

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 46 posts
  • LocationShanghai

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

View PostRyft, on 18 November 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

G will give you the widest range of ballistic options, so if you want to play around with ballistic weapons, go with the G.

H is more balanced, but you can try things like multiple ACs in a G.

My decision exactly:
4P is for experimenting with Lasers
4SP is for Missiles (+ 2 arm lasers)
4G is for ballistics

The 4H just seemed like a halfhearted attempt to mix a 4P with a 4G

#26 Lavrenti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostAxeHammer, on 25 November 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

<snip>
4G is for ballistics

The 4H just seemed like a halfhearted attempt to mix a 4P with a 4G

Agree with the first, disagree with the second. The ONLY way the 4G is better than the 4H is if you've already decided you want to mount more than one ballistic weapon, and that's actually pretty rare for a Hunchback. The only weapons you have the tonnage to mount more than one of are AC2 or AC5 (if you're thinking of multiple MGs, no. Just... no.). I've had successes with those on chain fire, but the tonnage of two weapons plus ammunition is prohibitive. Most people end up with a single AC or Gauss, in which case the 4G is no better than the 4H.

Personally, I think of the 4H as being like a 4G but with a superior array of secondary weapons.

#27 D0m1n4t0r

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

i went with the G and im not doing that good, til i put a gauss in it, so im just gonna get the Cataphract probably ;P oh wait! ill just do the hunchie tree!

#28 Stede

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

4g, Nothing says "Hey! How's it going fella, everything going ok at home?" like an AC20 shot to the face. Sure my kill ratio sucks right now, but I live for those moments when you see a zone wide yell what the hell, how did you one shot me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users