18 replies to this topic

#1 Suko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

There are so many suiciders in the game now, it's about to make me rage quit. They're so numerous that I've given up reporting them. I'm sick of doing PGI's job on this one. Yes, this is a QQ thread.

This is the first time I have honestly felt the need to stop playing MWO until PGI fixes something. The OP Dragon knockdowns? Whatever, I coped with it. The ridiculously OP LRMs? Dealt with that, too. The stupid knockaround from streakapults and the UAC5 OP, I dealt with it all and continued to play. But these suiciders causing horrific team imbalances is making me lose my patience.

I wish I were exaggerating this, but I'm not. The majority of my games have uneven teams that, either start off one player down on a team, or they inevitably have a drop out, disconnect, or suicider. IT. IS. TERRIBLE.

I just came from playing 2 games where in both games I had two people on my team drop, and on the second game we started a player down only to have a guy suicide out 15 seconds into it. Less than 40 seconds in our scout gets killed. I don't care how good you are, 5 vs 8 is pretty challenging game and needless to say, it was a complete wipe.

This is happening FAR TO OFTEN. Seriously PGI, if you don't have SOME kind of a fix, temporary solution, or SOMETHING ready by the next patch, I'll be taking a haiitus until you get this thing solved. It is #1 on my list of "Crap PGI needs to fix".

Edited by ShadowVFX, 29 November 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#2 PANTHERBATTLEGROUP

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

i dont know what suiciding in game is all about or why they do it, only been playing about 4 daysISH now ....but its a cool game and sorry for your loss but...so far, ive won maybe...MAYBE 3 games. pretty OP, but i understand since this game is out awhile now and im new but at least you have a better win ratio then me soooo while u gain EXP fast maybe not everygame, at least your winning lol. thoguht id point that out - since ure having such a rough game experiance.....right

#3 Armorpiercer M82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

its nearly in everygame now. But what they get after the last patch ? i think the 70k CB for loss has been removed, until they are properly killed, so they gain i dunno 5k CB , right ?

#4 Kurayami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 916 posts
  • LocationSochi

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

fun part is some of those suiciders claim to doing so as a form of protest against pgi policy or something like that.

#5 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostKurayami, on 29 November 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

fun part is some of those suiciders claim to doing so as a form of protest against pgi policy or something like that.

Just make it so that any suicide death within the first 5 minutes doesn't pay out. If I was an employer, I wouldn't pay a Mechwarrior who blew up his own mech anyway. And they can protest all they want without earning c-bills. :D

Edited by Elizander, 29 November 2012 - 11:53 PM.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

The last several games I played later tonight actually didn't have many, but earlier today and especially the last few days, they did.

#7 Cuthbert Allgood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

had a round earlier at the end read out the enemy had 3 dead....our team had zero kills

yes a victory on our side ...go figure

Edited by Cuthbert Allgood, 30 November 2012 - 12:19 AM.

#8 AC Rimak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 241 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

I really hope this will be adressed.

A big step forward will be, when ELO system will be implemented.

#9 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

There needs to be a combinations of systems addressing this such as public statistics, reporting, bigger performance reward incentives and maybe even this system: a game lasts for 5 minutes but you were online only 4 minutes then you get 80% of the credits and xp you would've gotten if you were online all 5 minutes.

#10 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

First off. Please PLEASE continue reporting them. As the first of many, and the creator of the suicide script program has been banned [he subsiquently made a new accunt, but still all his 'work' has been lost due to his suicide grinding]

Secondly many suicider's have turned to the system due to making what they feel is more money per hour by suiciding than by actually playing the game.

it's really an inherent flaw in the economy of MWO.

#11 Kurayami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 916 posts
  • LocationSochi

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostAC Rimak, on 30 November 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

I really hope this will be adressed.

A big step forward will be, when ELO system will be implemented.

yeh they will start dropping with themselves. ill pay to see all the fuuuu when some of them will actually try to play.

#12 Countach

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

I think the TF2 solution is a great one.... basically if you quit/suicide then you get a "waiting penalty" when joining your next game (ie. it will take 30 secs longer before you are allowed to join your next game), the more you do it, the longer the wait becomes before you can join your next game. This way those that dc, etc at the start of the game are not impacted (since it only starts applying on the 2nd time it happens) and is a "permanent" tally, not just per session or per game so frequent offenders are always punished immediately.

#13 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

I don't care WHAT PGI does. The fact is, there are dozens of viable ways PGI could be stopping this, or at least hindering it. But right now there is nothing.

I don't mind losing when it's a skill-based or weapon-based thing. Streaks are OP and so were the UAC5's. Alright, well if you can't beat'em, join'em. But with these suiciders breaking the core balance of the teams, there's not much I can do about it. It was challenging enough in the past weeks when your team was down by 1. But now, I play so many games where my team is down by 2, or God forbid even 3 on rare occasions. IT-IS-REALLY-FRUSTRATING. Regardless of my skill level, these odds are just too difficult and frustrating to deal with regularly.

PGI, I do hope you are reading this. It's the first time I've ever b*tched and moaned about this game to any serious extent. But....DANG. Just get this crap under control. NOW!

#14 Liam Neeson

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostShadowVFX, on 29 November 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

There are so many suiciders in the game now, it's about to make me rage quit. They're so numerous that I've given up reporting them. I'm sick of doing PGI's job on this one. Yes, this is a QQ thread.

True. I'll keep this short and sweet.This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Ive played about 20 games today and of those 20 there was maybe 5 that did not have a suicider/DC/afker. Its not even that fun when you are are the winning team too because even if you do do good its based on unbalanced teams anyways. There are many ways to fix this, I'm sure. After all it's not hard to get banned from say, a game like LoL for stupid behavior.

ALSO. This gametype. I've been stuck BETAing around in it for several monthes and holyyyyy ffffffuuuuuu- is it bad. FFA mode soon plz.

#15 Zero Neutral

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

This is the first time I have honestly felt the need to stop playing MWO until PGI fixes something. The OP Dragon knockdowns? Whatever, I coped with it. The ridiculously OP LRMs? Dealt with that, too. The stupid knockaround from streakapults and the UAC5 OP, I dealt with it all and continued to play. But these suiciders causing horrific team imbalances is making me lose my patience.

I wish I were exaggerating this, but I'm not. The majority of my games have uneven teams that, either start off one player down on a team, or they inevitably have a drop out, disconnect, or suicider. IT. IS. TERRIBLE.

I just came from playing 2 games where in both games I had two people on my team drop, and on the second game we started a player down only to have a guy suicide out 15 seconds into it. Less than 40 seconds in our scout gets killed. I don't care how good you are, 5 vs 8 is pretty challenging game and needless to say, it was a complete wipe.

This is happening FAR TO OFTEN. Seriously PGI, if you don't have SOME kind of a fix, temporary solution, or SOMETHING ready by the next patch, I'll be taking a haiitus until you get this thing solved. It is #1 on my list of "Crap PGI needs to fix".

QQ thread on this forum? No wai must be the first one.

#16 Inconspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

There are so many suiciders in the game now, it's about to make me rage quit. They're so numerous that I've given up reporting them.

Since there is no in-game reporting feature and they actually took the support ticket feature off the website I assumed they really didn't want to be bothered... :P

#17 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

I've had it regularly happen in my jenner where i'll CTD during a game and my team mates on comms will ask why i just suicided by running out of bounds, so don't assume everyone that does this is doing so on purpose.

#18 Inconspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostBelphegore, on 01 December 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

I've had it regularly happen in my jenner where i'll CTD during a game and my team mates on comms will ask why i just suicided by running out of bounds, so don't assume everyone that does this is doing so on purpose.

There is a bot script that hits override a bunch and alpha strikes into the air at the start of a match... It causes a self destruct pretty quickly.

#19 Raidyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 718 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostKurayami, on 29 November 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

The vast majority are seeing that it's the most efficient way to make money while grinding for the actual mech they want. It's nothing so complex as organized protest, just people finding the path of least resistance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users