Fix The Blasted Hit Detection On Fast Moving Targets!

v1.0.142

7 replies to this topic

#1 Master Cerberus

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOn that hill, holding lock on you.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

I just came from a game where a jenner was able to take on 6 people on our team because the damage being done to it was not registering properly. He would get hit with missles (streaks and lrm), lasers and just run around smoking and falling apart but not dead and still poking our team with medium lasers. All this while we had to fight his buddies.

He died after our Atlas landed a lucky, direct gauss shot on him when he got stuck on terrain, it took his inability to properly control his mech in tight spaces at that speed to get him killed. I know this probably not the first thread about this but this is simply ********. When a light mech has more survivability than an assault something is VERY wrong with the game.

#2 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Reintroducing ramming would mitigate the issue, you'll see the difference between skilled light pilots and average ones. Of course with lag shield a good pilot can wreck havok almost on anything, for the moment you can only try to leg them and shoot much forward the moving direction of the light, until you see your crosshair go red.

Nevertheless, I hope too that this will be addressed soon.

#3 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Known Issues

Hit Detection/Network Movement Code

We are rolling back some networking code fixes. This will address many of the hit box issues currently in the live environment. The rollback does not fix the problem entirely, and we are working hard on improving the overall experience vs performance. This is a long term engineering task and a top priority internally.

#4 Shiney

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 683 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Well... it's a bit boring with 'one' style of play that dominates over all, a bit like when the boats where owning everything, now it's fast mechs, ..

#5 GanglarToronto

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Just had a match where I was getting hits on players with visual explosions(PPC) and no red hit marker, but getting red hit markers when I hit behind them. Obvious lag, so annoying, please fix.

Tired of getting swarmed by light mechs and missing everything because of your terrible netcode.

#6 Randodan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Fear the Jenner. The secret weapon of 'Mech domination. I am very, very scared of them.

#7 armitage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Every game has lag, even if they "fix" the net code you'll still need to learn how to lag shoot.

Oddly enough what was true 20 years ago still applies to mechs in MWO when they reach 100+ kph.
http://webhome.idire...ag_shooting.htm

If you see the visual impact effect of you shots and no damage flashing on the enemy readout don't keep aiming the same way and expect a different result.

Typically with normal pings ~100ms for both parties you need to aim 1 mech length ahead of a jenner where you see the mech if its moving at 140kph.

#8 Kamatayan

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

Fingers crossed.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users