Visual Heat Indicators

3 replies to this topic

#1 imdrunkontea

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

In the books, when a mech is getting hot, the cockpit is a sweltering sauna. Pilots have to wear cooling vests just to withstand the heat without passing out.

How about we get some sort of indications like that in the cockpit when our mechs get too hot? Maybe some haziness or condensation on the windows...or even if you can hear the pilot panting. This might help the newer players who haven't learned to watch the heat meter.

Mostly superfluous, but it would help make the game immersive ;)

#2 Vertrucio

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

A good idea.

I'm pretty sure the developers want to put more cockpit related stuff in.

I mean, just look at the cockpit screens, some of them are working now and actually have usable information.

I think the developers are just waiting on that kind of stuff and focusing on core gameplay right now. Whilst effects like that certainly add to usability, getting all these other core systems is probably their main concern.

#3 imdrunkontea

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

View PostVertrucio, on 18 November 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

A good idea.

I'm pretty sure the developers want to put more cockpit related stuff in.

I mean, just look at the cockpit screens, some of them are working now and actually have usable information.

I think the developers are just waiting on that kind of stuff and focusing on core gameplay right now. Whilst effects like that certainly add to usability, getting all these other core systems is probably their main concern.

That makes sense, priorities first :( just wanted to add that another visual cue could be the HUD flickering at high heats; that would probably be easier to implement.

#4 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

I was told that Heat waves as well as several other In cockpit visuals are planned. However it appears that PGI is working on getting DX11 up and running as well as optimizing the game before adding in potentially Frame robbing visuals in.

I really look forward to these kinds of visuals as well. Heat waves, cracked windshields, flickering HUDs, monitors frying, smoke, sparking and arching, etc etc. It would really evoke some of the feel of the books.

Cheers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users