The UPDATED Bigger Better "I Want Beta" Thread (Dump of beta threads)

1291 replies to this topic

#21 Monte0704

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

I am wayyy too young to remember anything before MechWarrior 3, and even that was after I played MechWarrior 4 Vengeance. I was 7 when MW4:V came out.

Actually pulled down MW4: Mercs yesterday and have been playing that. It really is so much fun.
Can't wait for the beta, but as someone said, D3 is coming sooner. Just trying to get some friends together for a Lance or something.

Also, I need a joystick... I am not going to suffer through using a mouse for torso movements......
Any recommendations?

#22 autogyro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostOrzorn, on 29 April 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

Only every 10 minutes?

Mine checks every nano second.

Isn't that a DDOS attack? :)

#23 RedSail

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 137 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

I feel your pain. I downloaded MW4 mercs just to put some of my excitement to rest... i think it made it worse. Plus MW4 is just so outdated and hardly anyone plays online anymore (besides the unrestricted matches). I hope It's soon. "Summer" could mean the end of summer... :)

#24 Monte0704

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hahaha, You are probably right... only made things worse. Can't wait to see what my machine can do to this game. Mechs at a 5040x1050 rez? Yessss Please...

#25 atlas shrugged92

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

i want the beta so bad.

the mech renissance is here with stuff like reign of thunder good if you want more fast paced action, mwo, and the strategy mw game

#26 Mikro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

Is it done yet ?

#27 Mike Silva

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostPoWn3d0704, on 09 May 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

I am wayyy too young to remember anything before MechWarrior 3, and even that was after I played MechWarrior 4 Vengeance. I was 7 when MW4:V came out.

Actually pulled down MW4: Mercs yesterday and have been playing that. It really is so much fun.
Can't wait for the beta, but as someone said, D3 is coming sooner. Just trying to get some friends together for a Lance or something.

Also, I need a joystick... I am not going to suffer through using a mouse for torso movements......
Any recommendations?

My hat's off to you if you can hit anything with a joystick. For MW4 I used a joystick with integrated throttle and a few mapped buttons for my left hand, I basically used it as a rudder to control the direction the 'mech was moving. For my right hand I used a mouse to control the torso and aim the weapons.

I'm not sure what setup I'll use for MWO. I like the idea of rudder pedals and a dedicated throttle, but I'm not sure if I want to dive that deep.

#28 Trevnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,085 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSkjaldborg HQ, Rasalhague, Rasalhague Province[Canada]

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostHayashi, on 29 April 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

*F5*

^^^^^^^
This, only at work. :)

#29 Monte0704

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostMike Silva, on 09 May 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

My hat's off to you if you can hit anything with a joystick. For MW4 I used a joystick with integrated throttle and a few mapped buttons for my left hand, I basically used it as a rudder to control the direction the 'mech was moving. For my right hand I used a mouse to control the torso and aim the weapons.

I'm not sure what setup I'll use for MWO. I like the idea of rudder pedals and a dedicated throttle, but I'm not sure if I want to dive that deep.

Yeah, now that you mention it... that is a little strange, even for me... My friend who got me into MechWarrior used a joystick/keyboard, so I guess that's just what I learned on... plus, any real mech would use a Joystick, yeah?

#30 Mike Silva

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostPoWn3d0704, on 09 May 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Yeah, now that you mention it... that is a little strange, even for me... My friend who got me into MechWarrior used a joystick/keyboard, so I guess that's just what I learned on... plus, any real mech would use a Joystick, yeah?

I had some friends who preferred a joystick and played well with them, but I was never really able to master it so I always reverted back to the mouse for aiming.

#31 Cold3y3s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostPoWn3d0704, on 09 May 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Any recommendations?

I picked up a Thrustmaster T-flight HOTAS X for $50 on amazon, works like a dream.

#32 Xaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • LocationFlorida-ish

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Monte0704

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Yeah, besides, I need a stick for Jets and Choppers in Battlefield 3 :)
Thanks for the recommendation, I'm looking into it now.
Guess the mouse is always an option, worst case scenario. Still better than a pad!

#34 Mike Silva

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

I'll probably stick with the mouse because I just upgraded to a Logitech G700. All the buttons should make cycling through the weapons groups a breeze.

#35 Konrad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 769 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

Had to go to work today. So I figured I would grab a bubble tea at the food court. After that I walked by Piranha Games office to see if they where working hard. I didn't see anything but I heard AC fire. This made me happy. Now only if they would stop drinking at the Heather so much and just put the beta out!

#36 Konrad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 769 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

Ok so.... Don't release the Beta next week. I will be busy with D3 for a bit. So maybe wait two weeks. Thanks.

#37 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

View Poststormeris, on 29 April 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

only once? shame on you! im checking every 10 minutes :)

I would just leave it up ;) on auto refresh

Edited by Mason West, 12 May 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#38 Konrad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 769 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

Well the MWO trailers all say Summer 2012. It is summer here in Van for sure. Last 3 days have been fantastic!

#39 Elektrik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostMike Silva, on 09 May 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

I beg to differ-I do quite well in MW 4 with a Logitech J/S controlling the Torso-at least the flaming piles of debris that were once mechs around me would agree ;-)

#40 Death Machine

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

I check in everyday. Often more than once. Any news is good news.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users