Zealotry In Pugs

16 replies to this topic

#1 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

There's a player who is ridiculously overzealous of anti-AFK that started shooting me for being, what, 7 seconds late to the game? Then I bump into this douche in another game and he admits to doing this to anybody. I won't name him for honour's sake, but if he's got the balls, he'll come here and admit how much of ***** he is.

Anybody encounter this kind of BS?

#2 Captain Ken

Rookie

• The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

never had that happen, but I have come across a few TK'ers before. All I can say is that they have NO HONOR!

#3 Lefty Lucy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

Send an e-mail to support.

#4 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Yup report. Nobody wants to play with losers that deliberately TK.

#5 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Does reporting actually do anything, or do they just feed you some BS to keep you happy and pretend they'll look into it? I mean, let's be real, they got more pressing issues than chasing some fool TKing.

#6 Tuku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 529 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

I would have shot back and aimed for the head....plain and simple....Then I would have reported him and told PGI exactly what happend....with video...I have no tolorance for people who try to kill their own team mates....more than 3 shots directed at a blue triangle and I will take them down...

#7 Lefty Lucy

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 19 November 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

Does reporting actually do anything, or do they just feed you some BS to keep you happy and pretend they'll look into it? I mean, let's be real, they got more pressing issues than chasing some fool TKing.

The GMs are not actually the designers of the game, and in fact their entire job *is* helping to police the community.

#8 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

Wait...

- people moving over the map like headless chicken? Check.
- No one thinking in team, everyone for his own? Check.
- People shooting at each other at the beginning of the match? Check
- New players that cant pull their weight at your side? Check
- People leaving after they got shot? Check
- Most of the time they insult just a sec before leaving so you cant answer? Check

Dude...you must play in a PUG! Complaining about that makes as much sense as....well, it makes no sense.

#9 Minos Murdoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

I run Fraps on every match and report anyone that suicides then disconnects at the start of the game. If you had been afk for all the match is one thing not moving for 7 seconds, for all he knows you could be setting weapon groups. If he is randomly attacking and killing teammates at the start of games report the fu@ker and post his name up here. i'd say he doesnt care about fellow gamers why should we care about him

#10 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 19 November 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

There's a player who is ridiculously overzealous of anti-AFK that started shooting me for being, what, 7 seconds late to the game?

7 seconds in is overkill but I will kill any afker after half of the match is done. I cannot see anything wrong about doing that. I don't care much about taking a credit bill for doing so as long as I **** you over. as you did to our entire team.

Edited by Ilwrath, 19 November 2012 - 01:34 AM.

#11 Alexa Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 505 posts
  • LocationSirius VI-A, Free Worlds League

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

I guess Iam the only pugger who does not care about AFKs or suicide runners, but than again I have all the mechs I want with all the equipment I want.

I can imagine that it might be frustrating, if you have to grind for your stuff and there is someone that does not play along, still I wouldnt mind its a game not serious business.

Edited by Alexa Steel, 19 November 2012 - 01:39 AM.

#12 Streeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

View PostAlexa Steel, on 19 November 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

still I wouldnt mind its a game not serious business.

WRONG stompy robots IS serious business!

#13 Xelrah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostStreeter, on 19 November 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

WRONG stompy robots IS serious business!

Big stompy and expensive robots you may want to add!

#14 Spiral Eddie

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

The way I see it a player is trying with his limited tools to effect the overwhelming amount of afk players, and your experiences are an unfortunate by product.
The real issue is that a player will feel it is needed to TK someone and this is something the devs need to fix fast.
In a game of 8v8 one player being afk can really throw the team balance especially if in a heavy or assault, and this is a frustratingly common occurance.
I feel like shooting the afk player all the time as well but i am fearful of recrimination so i don't do it.
As for the guy who all the toys and doesnt get why someone would choose to TK, maybe you should try playing the game for the fun shooter is can be instead of plating pokemechs.

#15 Alexa Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 505 posts
  • LocationSirius VI-A, Free Worlds League

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostSpiral Eddie, on 19 November 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

The way I see it a player is trying with his limited tools to effect the overwhelming amount of afk players, and your experiences are an unfortunate by product.
The real issue is that a player will feel it is needed to TK someone and this is something the devs need to fix fast.
In a game of 8v8 one player being afk can really throw the team balance especially if in a heavy or assault, and this is a frustratingly common occurance.
I feel like shooting the afk player all the time as well but i am fearful of recrimination so i don't do it.
As for the guy who all the toys and doesnt get why someone would choose to TK, maybe you should try playing the game for the fun shooter is can be instead of plating pokemechs.

I do, your point being?

#16 Kaijin

• 2,137 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 19 November 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

The GMs are not actually the designers of the game, and in fact their entire job *is* helping to police the community.

It's my understanding that the Publisher (IGP) polices the game. The Developer (PGI) is designing the game. It would be less confusing if one of them changed their name so the abbreviations did not contain the same letters. :(

#17 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

View PostSpiral Eddie, on 19 November 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

Honestly I don't understand how you could support intentional team killers who fire on team mates in under 10 seconds of apparent inactivity.

Wouldn't want to have to configure my weapon groupings with these players around.I may not push buttons fast enough for this guy.

Don't stop and look at the tactical map nope...may get shot as an AFKer.

Be certain to never try and set waypoints or make and type a plan.You be mistaken for an AFKer and shot!

Best of luck to you all in pugland I'm off to 8 vs 8 as soon as possible.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users