0.0 - Rear View Camera?

56 replies to this topic

#41 sheradin

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationPa

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

View PostGun Bear, on 29 April 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Most assault mechs have more armor on their back than an entire light mech does on its body; if you can maneuver properly and make use of terrain and cover one light 'mech on your back isn't the end of the world and you can always out-pilot them if you work at it. Also as i mentioned before you have teammates for that reason; if someone gets behind you there should be someone there to make them wish they hadn't.

um gun bear you are mistaken *t most using tt vaules no more than 15 points on the rear center torso the left and right are less your avg ligt
has around 10 on chest 6 on the head

#42 Eradicator

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

bring back missilecam from mw2!!! <_<

#43 Dnarvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island, B.C.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

Having a rear view camera can be a life saver for a scout, lets them check their 6 periodically, as well as offering different view points while scouting. Much better than just radar. But we will see what the devs have implemented when BETA comes out, although they have not said anything concrete about this, they have certainly looked at the pros and cons and implemented something we can use.

#44 Trevnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,085 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSkjaldborg HQ, Rasalhague, Rasalhague Province[Canada]

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

I wouldn't mind having a rear view camera. Sure, the radar and multitudes of sensors would help with knowing that someone is behind you, but they don't tell you what direction they are facing, if they are taking fire, etc. I endorse this idea!

#45 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

I hardly find this to be lostech... but is Logitech still making webcams? I'll get the duct tape <_<

#46 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Someone pointed out that theres a compressed 360 view in your main viewscreen, but, watching game play trailers again and again i still dont see it. also, ya, rear facing cames = good XD

#47 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostEradicator, on 30 April 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

bring back missilecam from mw2!!! <_<

Unlike. Why have recon mechs when you can just launch a cheap salvo of LRM/5 missles where you suspect the enemy to be?

Edit: spelling

Edited by Ravn, 30 April 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#48 tyrone dunkirk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

View PostWerewolf Fetladral, on 29 April 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

I have a better solution... 360 torso. I want my Thanatos! (shut up you cannon hipsters... i know already)

Uhh, what the hell is a cannon hipster? 'cause... I think I want one. An AC that fires hipsters? I think yes.

#49 UltraMek

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Rear-facing cameras are incredibly useful. They allow you to find your allies easily, they are crucial especially when you are running passive, and I've noticed enemies in my rear camera when they were stupid enough to be in the open or damaging the scenery. I actually liked the downward facing camera in MW4, it was useful when you were on top of a hill or jump jetting over an enemy.

PS, someone said MW4 was "a terrible terrible game." Just because the game creators were trying to make a game that had slightly wider appeal (and perhaps could make them money) doesn't mean it was terrible. The controls were plenty complex for your average video game.

#50 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostUltraMek, on 30 April 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Rear-facing cameras are incredibly useful. They allow you to find your allies easily, they are crucial especially when you are running passive, and I've noticed enemies in my rear camera when they were stupid enough to be in the open or damaging the scenery. I actually liked the downward facing camera in MW4, it was useful when you were on top of a hill or jump jetting over an enemy.

PS, someone said MW4 was "a terrible terrible game." Just because the game creators were trying to make a game that had slightly wider appeal (and perhaps could make them money) doesn't mean it was terrible. The controls were plenty complex for your average video game.

thats not why the game was terrible. it had too many faults to be forgiven for tryin for a wider base.

View PostRavn, on 30 April 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Unlike. Why have recon mechs when you can just launch a cheap salvo of LRM/5 missles where you suspect the enemy to be?

Edit: spelling

except all missiles in the LRM family, according to Source books are like 30,000 C-bills EACH. not so cheap, especially at game start if they start us with 0 in the bank.

#51 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Dam you and your common sense. Rej - 1 Ravn - 1 (from the boiling water post). All tied up.

Edited by Ravn, 30 April 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#52 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

LOL. and a bit of sideways logic: could always take the HOT pot and put it on a head shot of yourself!

#53 Belisarius1

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

Something like this is essential. The 360° strip would be nice, but if it doesn't make the cut, a rear-view cam is needed. Personally i'd want both, and a groin-cam like MW4.

#54 G4MBIT

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

I have always enjoyed the rear view (no pun intended).Not only does it help keep eyes on your teammates behind you while passive or shutdown (if you happen to find yourself out front) but it also helps in combination with a 360 torso,while making a tactical retreat back to your crue,torso turn and provide cover fire forward acurately while running backwards toggling the rearview not to run into any obstacles.

#55 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:59 AM

I need a rear view camera to look at my cute rear end so I can make sure it looks fine and dandy for the ladies to enjoy. ^_^

#56 Havoc2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:44 AM

FYI, MW2 had the crotch cam first.

I miss the ability to have multiple windows open in my HUD like I could in MW2.

Have my damage indicator, target damage indicator, rear camera, crotch cam, radar and map open on the bottom of the screen.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users