Anyone Else Feel Dissapointed By The Patch Notes?

75 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you feel dissapoined by this patch? (304 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you feel dissapoined by this patch?

1. Yes (228 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (76 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 SteelRat

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Ya, I think this patch is a little light, considering we didn't get 1 last week. But who knows what issues they ran into. Heres hoping the next one has more in it.

#62 Skull Ringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

..they didn't fix shitee..THAT'S the point...

#63 Splinters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

I think my disappointment is in the style of what is being sent in the patch notes. If we saw a 75% bug fix and 25% feature add-on, then I would be happy with the patch. But currently it feels like 75% feature add-on (mech, BAP, etc) and <25% on bug fixing. I think bug fixes are a lot more than what they state, but for whatever reason they want to promote the new features versus keeping the current gamers really happy by having a more bug-free experience.

I'm happy for the new mech and all, but give us what we really want, netcode fixes, less crashes, and a more stable platform in general. New features only add to future complication of bug fixes IMO.

-Splinters

Edited by Splinters, 20 November 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#64 Dirty Johnny

Rookie

• The Blade
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

honestly, they are doing a decent job of implementing an agile process in a large environement. i say that still wanting the min range on ppcs to go away :(

#65 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

ITS BETA !!!!!

why they should fix stuff ? its BETA ! you guys get it finaly ? ITS JUST A BETA !

now we all use our brain...

no netcode fixes no programcode fixes.. more disco´s.. more blackscreens more fps drops...

but yeah its still a beta.. lets see how long you guys want to use that word... in a few month you guys are saying : "MW:O were a nice beta !"

#66 FactorlanP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Voted yes, but only because the 8 man drop matchmaker has been delayed for not one, but two weeks.... :(

Edited by FactorlanP, 20 November 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#67 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

When you are mediocre, you will produce a mediocre product.

#68 DivideByZer0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

I don't feel dissapointed by any patch. Programming is hard work , full of unknown unknowns. Since I am not a professional programmer, I have no basis to criticize someone else's job.
And if I was a professional video game maker, and, frankly, I would be more than a little insulted if someone who had no idea what I was doing started trying to tell me I was doing my job wrong without offering quantitative analysis of what I was doing wrong.

Also- OP's thread title is just a little misleading, since the thread asks if we are dissapointed in the patch notes (apparently , OP is ) , then the poll asks if we are disappointed in the patch (itself?).

#69 KingDerp

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Sad patch makes players sad.

Honestly, I laughed out loud when I saw they did not address ANY of the core issues.

#70 Billygoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

My favourite patchnote is this:

* Jump Jets can no longer be activated when knocked down.

#71 KovarD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 473 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

I like the interior of the remade destroyed ship on Frozen City.

#72 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

It's a beta guys!!!! How can you expect a patch to fix things, that's so entitled!!!

Posted Image

#73 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 21 November 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

[redacted]

I nearly spilled my drink. Haha. Good one.

Anyways, to answer the original topic. No, I'm not disappointed in the patch notes or what was in it. Yeah, the game has issues still, which will hopefully be solved in time.

#74 Greers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

I hoped for more, but hey! We got some new goodies! BAP, UAC5 unjamming, Streaks hitting again (and rocking too much), 4 new Chassis, 2 new Modules.

I hoped for 8vs8 and Camo, but it might be more complicated to implement than we thought. I'd rather have a good implementation and wait for a week than an bad one. I can't even try to imagine the shitstorm that would cause in the forums :D

#75 Fallreaper

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

I was at first pretty disappointed with the patch notes and new content. I'm not sure what I was hoping but Cataphract was hyped for some time and all the new goodies teased like ******** betty, ECM, hell even mech camos.

After the dust settled now i'm feeling pretty good about the patch. Steady slow progression to a better game. Just hoping the core issues could be dealt with as soon as possible. This meaning the netcode issues, performance issues, game crashes and personally the SLI/Crossfire support. Tried one Cataphract variant and it was a fun addition to the game even though I was pretty sceptic about the mech since i've mostly played medium mechs.

And one of the more disappointing things about the patch was that it will take another two weeks for another patch. I understand this time window has been given for all players to experiment with the new changes. But for a few patches I've been starting to feel like wanting the patch after the next patch. I want the game to be more feature rich, stable and content rich as soon as possible. But that is just my personal anticipation getting the better of me. This game is very much in developement and will take a lot of months or even years to get that point I'd wish the game to be. I'm propably just having beta fatigue and maybe I should test out other games for a while and then come back.

#76 Galerius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Misleading advertisement that all mechs can access camo. Not very pleased with that. Hero and Founder Mechs are unique enough on their hardpoint configuration, there is no need to force their camo onto the players. Not being able to change camo makes no sense.

Edited by Galerius, 16 January 2013 - 07:25 PM.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users