Looking to "Sponsor" a unit.

30 replies to this topic

#1 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

EDIT: The poll is now closed, I'll be going with Preston's Lancers! Images will be forth-coming.

So over time I've "adopted" a couple units (namely Blackburn's Raiders and recently the German-speaking Tamar Jägers), recoloring concept art and doing various other work for them. I have a very keen interest in picking up a dedicated Capellan unit to add to this little project. I'm looking to do something canonical or semi-canonical, ideally using a "reformed" unit that was destroyed in the 4th Succession war.

I'm hoping to feel things out and see what people are most interested in. I will go ahead and include unit insignia for the respective forces and some info about coloration as well as make a poll. I'll leave it up for a week or two.

If some folks from the community want to take the next step and actually form into a cohesive unit around this little project, then awesome. I personally won't join in a fighting role, my main goal is to increase awareness of historical units. Alright! So on with the units.

McCrimmon's Light Cavalry
Posted Image
I would use a conjectural woodland scheme with red trim near the cockpit and black trim on the arms, legs and torso.

MacGregor's Armored Scouts
Posted Image
This would be the canonical plain white scheme with black and yellow/gold stripes and a black/white checker on the torso.

Preston's Lancers
Posted Image
For this I would use a conjectural over-all two-tone tan scheme with orange on certain panels and black and a black and white two-tone stripe on the torso.

Vincent's Commandos
Posted Image
This unit's paint scheme would be based around the old Liao Reserve scheme of white with tan/pink splotches applied to the torso and limbs. In addition, I would add in red trim to the cockpit, and thin red lines to various other parts of the 'mech.

Trimaldi's Secutors
Posted Image
This unit's paint scheme would be based around the old Liao Reserve scheme of white with tan/pink splotches applied to the torso and limbs. Additionally, I would add in red-black two-tone stripes to the arms and legs of the 'mech.

Edited by Hayden, 17 May 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#2 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Well I voted for McCrimmon's LIght Cav. I would be interested in being considered for your unit if my effort to start up Waco Rangers fizzles out. Then again, seeing as the Rangers are an Ex-House Laio unit, maybe there might be some room for collaboration. I have also never played as a House Liao, so that might be different also.

One thing is for sure, your unit will have the best looking mechs on the battle field as you open cans on people :-)

Good Luck Hayden!

#3 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the purpose of this "unit adoption" process. Care to fill me in, OP?

#4 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:34 AM

View PostYoungblood, on 03 May 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the purpose of this "unit adoption" process. Care to fill me in, OP?

Hayden will make an insignia, repaints, etc. and you will, in turn, form that unit in the actuall game. :P

#5 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

Oooh, okay, that's pretty cool. I'm not especially attracted to anything in the thread so far, but I'll keep an eye out!

#6 veretax

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

Wow, cool logos. I'm so terrible at graphics it isn't even funny LOL

#7 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostAdridos, on 04 May 2012 - 03:34 AM, said:

Hayden will make an insignia, repaints, etc. and you will, in turn, form that unit in the actuall game. :P

Not quite it, but close

View PostYoungblood, on 03 May 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

The main purpouse, along with most of the Capellan stuff I do, is to act as a refresher of the what the "old" (I.E. Pre Sang-jiang-jun) CCAF as like. Bring attention to older units, that kind of thing. This particular project is meant to encourage the formation of a house Liao unit that would be based on one of these older units (many of which disappeared after the 4th Succession War). There are already a couple other units that I do this kind of thing for, the Blackburn's Raiders (AFFS, non-canon), and the Tamar Jägers (LCAF, semi-canon), and my own unit the 3rd Amphigean LAG (DCMS-ish, fanon-y).

Anyway, the goal is basically the resurrection of one of these listed capellan units as an in-game force :rolleyes: I intend to do an FWLM unit eventually as well, but we'll leave that for another day.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has been voting and commenting! I'll leave this up for another week and we'll see what the Capellan people have to say (unless their heads explode from all the democracy)!

#8 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostHayden, on 05 May 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

The main purpouse, along with most of the Capellan stuff I do, is to act as a refresher of the what the "old" (I.E. Pre Sang-jiang-jun) CCAF as like. Bring attention to older units, that kind of thing. This particular project is meant to encourage the formation of a house Liao unit that would be based on one of these older units (many of which disappeared after the 4th Succession War).

Problem is, we can't form house units. :P

#9 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

View PostAdridos, on 05 May 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Problem is, we can't form house units. :(

Yet :P

ED: Or they could take the merc route. We'll see what the future holds. At the very least, House Liao gets a huge slew of old-fashioned Maximillian-era goodness. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hayden, 05 May 2012 - 02:35 AM.

#10 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

Well it looks like I am going to be a free hand now that I will not be starting the Rangers. Let me know if you need some cannon fodder in your unit if you go Merc ;-)

#11 Bernardo Sinibaldi

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationThe Perfumed Garden, Cathay

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

Vincent's Commandos for me - their logo is a unicorn 'nuff said.

I said No to joining a unit because I'm an out and out loner but I'd happily fight alongside people involved in this project.

#12 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'll come back in a week and see if the tie breaks by then.

#13 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationPlanet Sian....but sometimes Essex, UK

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

Well I finally decided on Preston's Lancers as they seem to be the one unit where there isn't as much info to be found on them (let's create some history!) and as far as I can see they didn't get annihilated in any wars.... :P

Hayden, when you say tan as a colour do you mean a dark brown tan or a light brown tan?

#14 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostHowling Mad Murdock, on 14 May 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

Well I finally decided on Preston's Lancers as they seem to be the one unit where there isn't as much info to be found on them (let's create some history!) and as far as I can see they didn't get annihilated in any wars.... :P

Hayden, when you say tan as a colour do you mean a dark brown tan or a light brown tan?

Well, when I said two-tone I had a light and a medium brown tan in mind.

#15 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:05 AM

Preston Lancers color swatch demo.
Posted Image

EDIT: While I'm at it, I'll go ahead and show some of the existent schemes I've done...

McCrimmon's LC:
Posted Image

MacGregor's AS (Sans Puff):
Posted Image

Vincent's Commandos
Posted Image

No Trimaldi's secutors, though I could whip one up soon...

Edited by Hayden, 14 May 2012 - 02:10 AM.

#16 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostHayden, on 14 May 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

Well, when I said two-tone I had a light and a medium brown tan in mind.

Ah great.. sorry I misread the two tone bit.... thanks for clearing that up :P

#17 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

And Preston's Lancers (conjectural).
Posted Image

EDIT: Added planned "racing Stripe"

Edited by Hayden, 17 May 2012 - 12:14 AM.

#18 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

Preston's look good, but they have no lore whatsoever it seems. Perfect for someone looking to form a unit according to lore. ;)

#19 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostAdridos, on 16 May 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

Preston's look good, but they have no lore whatsoever it seems. Perfect for someone looking to form a unit according to lore. ;)

That's what I find myself thinking more and more.

#20 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostAdridos, on 16 May 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

Preston's look good, but they have no lore whatsoever it seems. Perfect for someone looking to form a unit according to lore. :rolleyes:

As I mentioned before.... we get to create some Lore for Prestons Lancers :D Let give people something to write about :wacko:
Oh, also altered my Signature too.

Edited by Howling Mad Murdock, 17 May 2012 - 03:17 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users