[Guide] Aweguassome 9M

2 replies to this topic

#1 Fojji

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

So you might be thinking, "The Awesome doesn't have ballistic slots!", and you would be right. But how about if you could mount the equivalent of 2 Gauss that only weighed 7 tons and the only downside was a maximum range of 270m? Thats where the Awesome 9M comes into play. Its missile slots fire 2 missiles at a time. What this means is that they all fire in a relatively straight line which makes it incredibly easy to hit all on the same spot.

How to build it:

1 Large Laser in Right Arm
1 Medium Pulse in Right Torso
1 Medium Pulse in Left Torso
1 Medium Pulse in Head
2 SRM4 in Torso
1 SRM6 in Left Arm
5 Tons of SRM Ammo
Max Armor except for 61 in each leg
XL Engine 385 that gives 77.9 KPH Max Speed
19 Double Heat Sinks
Endo-Steel Internal Structure

With this build you easily get 800+ damage in every match and generally break 1000 damage if they have a decent amount of heavies/assaults. The main purpose of this layout is to demolish anything that isn't a light, and it does this to great effect. The biggest downside to this layout is high maintenance cost and if you do not know how to dance that torso you will get cored due to XL engine. Once you get good with it though you will start to see damage spread relatively evenly across your armor.

Go give it a try and come back if you see any area for improvement!

#2 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

I have tried this exact same build, and loved the pants off it. I could actually handle the hokey 2-pipe SRMs against moderately stationary targets, and contrary to popular belief, the XL isn't a death sentence if you use your mobility. Also, I partially disagree with the build not being able to demolish lights; the pulse lasers are fantastic if you can line up a partway decent shot, but there are better mechs out there to deal with those pesky little blighters... Have you experimented with a large laser instead of the large pulse? I find the heat far more manageable.

Now, however, i'm having great success running a standard 350 engine, 3 streak launchers, 3 MLAS and an MPL in the arm. I can zombie like a boss, with 2 streaks and an MLAS left after having my arms and torsos surgically removed, and it's fantastic against lights. The drop in speed wasn't nearly as dramatic as I feared, also.

I think people malign the 9m because it's laughably bad out of the box... but get a decent powerplant and skirmish like a medium, and it's a juggernaut.

#3 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

I was going to say that this version can do just fine with a mixed missile load- keep the SRM-6 in the arm, but swap the SRM 4's to Streak racks in the torso. Frees up a ton elsewhere, depending on how much room you have to work with it- and lighter targets loathe the things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users