113 replies to this topic

#21 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostCodejack, on 21 November 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

OK. all of you guys saying this have clearly never tried it' yes, it's "one button," that you have to stop what you are doing, change weapon groups, hit it twice, then try to find your target again, all while (usually) being shot at. I'm not saying that they didn't need to change it for people who can't/won't use macros, but for those of us who aren't stupid and/or lazy, can we please have the old way back?

Excuse me.

NO.

#22 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Perhaps if the UAC5 took 5sec to unjam instead of 3sec, then perhaps every one will be happy with it? I'm not complaining about the UAC5 though as I don't have a problem with them.

#23 Codejack

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

View PostScratx, on 21 November 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Excuse me.

NO.

Well, lucky for me that you aren't a Dev, huh? If you were, that negation might actually mean something,.

#24 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

UAC-5s are OP- there is absolutely nothing you can do when you're being rattled from 700 meters with constant barrages.. it takes no skill to spam UAC5s.. they need to be removed from the game.

...(tone sound familiar?)

#25 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostCodejack, on 21 November 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

Well, lucky for me that you aren't a Dev, huh? If you were, that negation might actually mean something,.

True, but the fact they actually removed the old way says volumes.

I am surely not the only one who thinks using macros to gain mechanical advantages in the game (don't try to BS, that is exactly what macro'ing unjamming did, made unjamming a "tap one button" affair for macro'ers and a distracting tap-dance for everyone else) is not even gray, it's downright black and cheating.

So, that way must stay gone. Everybody plays by the same rules, otherwise there's no moral grounds to demand aimbotters and wallhackers to be gone and stay gone.

#26 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostScratx, on 21 November 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

True, but the fact they actually removed the old way says volumes.

I am surely not the only one who thinks using macros to gain mechanical advantages in the game (don't try to BS, that is exactly what macro'ing unjamming did, made unjamming a "tap one button" affair for macro'ers and a distracting tap-dance for everyone else) is not even gray, it's downright black and cheating.

So, that way must stay gone. Everybody plays by the same rules, otherwise there's no moral grounds to demand aimbotters and wallhackers to be gone and stay gone.

I love the new jam/unjam. I hated the old unjamming mechainc. But using a macro to do it was NOT cheating. It was a workaround to a poor implementation, even the devs said this. Obviously it needed to be changed to keep everyone on a level playing field, but just because the previous mechainc was not working as intended does not make people that used a macro a cheater.

#27 ReD3y3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

UAC/5 in a good place.

Agreed

#28 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 21 November 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

I love the new jam/unjam. I hated the old unjamming mechainc. But using a macro to do it was NOT cheating. It was a workaround to a poor implementation, even the devs said this. Obviously it needed to be changed to keep everyone on a level playing field, but just because the previous mechainc was not working as intended does not make people that used a macro a cheater.

It was a failing of PGI to have a rather stupid way of unjamming it in the first place, I fully agree, and I wasn't mad at people macro'ing to get around that idiocy.

Now that a proper mechanism is implemented, wanting the old way back IS tantamount to wanting to be allowed to cheat. Sorry, but that's how I see it. Feel free to disagree, but there's no excuse for the old system to return. Ever.

#29 ReD3y3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I used a macro for a while.

Even then it was a hassle.

UAC/5 jam mechanic is perfect now.

THANKS!

#30 Zorak45

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

I think they are bit out of hand as of now. Assuming this is accurate: http://mwomercs.com/...s-excel-inside/ it was last updated Oct 30 (atleast at the time of its posting). If you scroll down to weapons, Compare the differences between the UAC5 and the normal AC. The ROF is .6 more rapid, you get the double fire ability and 60 extra meters added. All for just 1 ton. My solution would be to reduce the ROF to that of the AC 5. So for 1 ton you'll get the extra 60 meters and the double fire ability but not the extra rate of fire increase. Maybe give it the ammo quantity of 30 like the ac5 as well.

#31 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Hey Hey Hey!

If they want the "old way back" then we can give them a manual-unjam option: Make them press a random sequence of buttons on the keyboard as determined by a random-key generator, and lock-out all their Mech controls while they unjam.

#32 Lord Oonoopoo

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 26 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

using 2 UAC 5s in my cataphract 4X. So much fun!

#33 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostLord Oonoopoo, on 21 November 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

using 2 UAC 5s in my cataphract 4X. So much fun!

Just 2... ?

*sigh*

Noob.

;)

#34 Codejack

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostScratx, on 21 November 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

I won't BS you if you'll quit shoveling it my way.

At most, the macro saved you 2 seconds of hitting left, ctrl, ctrl 6 times (go ahead, time yourself; with just a little practice, my 8-year-old daughter could do it in 3 seconds).

As for "macro'ers," are we going to get our own movie, like Hackers? GOOGLE IT! IT TAKES ALL OF 5 MINUTES TO FIGURE OUT! You make it sound like we have some kind of mystical ability to manipulate computers that others can never hope to attain. Unfortunately for you, my only superpower is the patience of a god; Thor, perhaps, or maybe Zeus...

Frankly, I am all in favor of the game rewarding intelligence, resourcefulness, creativity, and I don't even care if someone wants to buy a $50 mouse to simplify their life, but I have had it with whingers coming in here and harassing the Devs into fixing something that wasn't even broken to begin with instead of, oh, I don't know, the hideous lag problems, or the game optimization, or any of the hundreds of things that are far more important than your fanciful notions about the game balance and target audience, but then, that's the kind of person I am: OPINIONATED!

Edited by Codejack, 21 November 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#35 TheUnderking

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

I'm glad the macroing option is gone. I ran a macro for my UAC5 for months. This way is better, no need for external software. No need to browse the forums to find out how to unjam a gun etc.

PS. Codejack, you never needed to change weapon groups if you just kept the uac5 the highlighted weapon and used keys/buttons bound to each weapon group for firing.

#36 Star Colonel Mustard Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts
  • LocationNarnia

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostCodejack, on 21 November 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

I won't BS you if you'll quit shoveling it my way.

At most, the macro saved you 2 seconds of hitting left, ctrl, ctrl 6 times (go ahead, time yourself; with just a little practice, my 8-year-old daughter could do it in 3 seconds).

As for "macro'ers," are we going to get our own movie, like Hackers? GOOGLE IT! IT TAKES ALL OF 5 MINUTES TO FIGURE OUT! You make it sound like we have some kind of mystical ability to manipulate computers that others can never hope to attain. Unfortunately for you, my only superpower is the patience of a god; Thor, perhaps, or maybe Zeus...

Frankly, I am all in favor of the game rewarding intelligence, resourcefulness, creativity, and I don't even care if someone wants to buy a $50 mouse to simplify their life, but I have had it with whingers coming in here and harassing the Devs into fixing something that wasn't even broken to begin with instead of, oh, I don't know, the hideous lag problems, or the game optimization, or any of the hundreds of things that are far more important than your fanciful notions about the game balance and target audience, but then, that's the kind of person I am: OPINIONATED!

The devs said from the beginning that they didn't like the old system and that it was just a placeholder until they could decide how they wanted the unjamming to work.

#37 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostZorak45, on 21 November 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

I think they are bit out of hand as of now. Assuming this is accurate: http://mwomercs.com/...s-excel-inside/ it was last updated Oct 30 (atleast at the time of its posting). If you scroll down to weapons, Compare the differences between the UAC5 and the normal AC. The ROF is .6 more rapid, you get the double fire ability and 60 extra meters added. All for just 1 ton. My solution would be to reduce the ROF to that of the AC 5. So for 1 ton you'll get the extra 60 meters and the double fire ability but not the extra rate of fire increase. Maybe give it the ammo quantity of 30 like the ac5 as well.

Agreed, my thoughts exactly.

#38 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostScratx, on 21 November 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

It was a failing of PGI to have a rather stupid way of unjamming it in the first place, I fully agree, and I wasn't mad at people macro'ing to get around that idiocy.

Now that a proper mechanism is implemented, wanting the old way back IS tantamount to wanting to be allowed to cheat. Sorry, but that's how I see it. Feel free to disagree, but there's no excuse for the old system to return. Ever.

I agree. I do not want the old unjam mechanic as an option, that would unbalance the weapon. The UAC is perfect right now. I just take exception to the people that call others cheaters for using a macro to unjamm it prior to this patch.

#39 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostJohn Norad, on 21 November 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

I think they are bit out of hand as of now. Assuming this is accurate: [color="#b27204"]http://mwomercs.com/...s-excel-inside/[/color] it was last updated Oct 30 (atleast at the time of its posting). If you scroll down to weapons, Compare the differences between the UAC5 and the normal AC. The ROF is .6 more rapid, you get the double fire ability and 60 extra meters added. All for just 1 ton. My solution would be to reduce the ROF to that of the AC 5. So for 1 ton you'll get the extra 60 meters and the double fire ability but not the extra rate of fire increase. Maybe give it the ammo quantity of 30 like the ac5 as well.

Agreed, my thoughts exactly.

I don't think the UAC is OP now, but if it is determined to be by the devs I would rather see the AC5 changed to a 1.5 cooldown and the UAC go up to 1.5 and to retain the range and double tap feature. But I could live with it even if they moved the UAC5 to 1.7 (like the AC5 is now). I just don't think it is necessary.

#40 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 21 November 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

I agree. I do not want the old unjam mechanic as an option, that would unbalance the weapon. The UAC is perfect right now. I just take exception to the people that call others cheaters for using a macro to unjamm it prior to this patch.

To clarify, and I apologize if I came across otherwise, I do not consider anyone using the macros prior to this patch cheaters. I did not like it but I understood why people would do it. The unjamming system was just stupid.

That does not, however, excuse asking for it to return, and that was what really ticked me off. There's no excuse now. Let us all leave that old system dead and buried, please.

Edited by Scratx, 21 November 2012 - 03:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users